• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISP and ESJ conflicts?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi everyone,

From my own personal experience with ESJ types, I find that their controlling behavior, when not considering other people's desires, to be off-putting.

I have a strong desire not to be controlled, and so I feel like when I'm around my sister, an ESFJ, and she starts to try and force other people to do what she thinks is right, I feel like I have to advocate for them, that what she wants may not be what they want.

I'm wondering if my response to her behavior is because I lead with a subjective dominant judging function, and have an inferior extroverted one?

I realize all types have value, so I'm not trying to turn this into a hate thread on ESJ's by any means...just trying to understand my reactions.

Thanks