• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Do ENPs Always extrovert metaphor/analogy?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
There will always be exceptions to the rule, obviously. But I'm asking because while I think in metaphor and think on a pretty dang abstract level haha, what I say to people or how I explain ideas to them is on a very plain English, common man, speak. In context, if it has value and if that person would benefit from an example or metaphor given, then I'd give one.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There will always be exceptions to the rule, obviously. But I'm asking because while I think in metaphor and think on a pretty dang abstract level haha, what I say to people or how I explain ideas to them is on a very plain English, common man, speak. In context, if it has value and if that person would benefit from an example or metaphor given, then I'd give one.

I relate a lot to what you are saying. I often use metaphors to both explain to myself and others how things work. I am quite often generating metaphors and analogies for things. For example i think of function placements as being like how places deal with snow like a tropical place getting snow. (Inferior functions and tropical locations both freak out) and the dominant function as being like Aspen or Innsbruck (Both get snow constantly and as a result they both use it well like a ExFJ would use Fe very well as it is their lifeblood in other words.). However if i think it will just complicate things for the other person or fly over their head if i use said figurative language i will just explain it in plain English which means less understanding. (It is nice to talk about typology as this place is Typology Central not Trump Central).