• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Percentage of N users.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
They are when you play by their rules and their vision...

Very true here. I like to think i am an alien from the planet Verxnsus who can read minds, influence others just by looking at them and enter the dreams of others but when i boast my powers all the S types are like :wacko:. On a more serious note i do think there are more S types on here than most seem to think. I personally see many S types around here so it isn't like typology is exclusive to N types and anyway Ns these days seem more obsessed with immigration, Trump and being racist (The same people make the same threads over and over) than on the typology aspect of this site.

The world is far more interconnected today than it was even a short time ago (at least in the developed countries). We are literally exposed to so much more information. This changes the way our brains develop especially considering that most of our baseline neurocognitive functions need to be used continuously to prevent them stagnating and eventually falling into disrepair. Most of the time a person spends their life in habits and these become what they specialize in. It can become hard to break to break from these patterns if it becomes necessary to do so. This tendency tends to become stronger over time as we focus on our strengths and not our weaknesses. Of course formation of new neurons tends to decrease over time as well.

Some component is likely due to some "inherent" factor like genes, nutrition during pregnancy, etc. Part of it is environmental like exposure to smog, etc. Some of it is likely due to the networks that we are a part of. I guess this is because I think of "Intuition" as the level of interconnectedness in a brain and "Thinking" as development in certain regions, "Feeling" also seems to be region specific, Introversion vs Extraversion seems to be a measure of the level of causal loops or "how much the brain talks to itself"/reflectivity, etc. S seems to be more of a motor function/nervous system type thing? Es seem to be approximating functions very rapidly, but there is a tradeoff in terms of accuracy. F seems to be a level of sensitivity, but more than that... though it is hard for me to stay in a state of integration of all of these processes simultaneously as they seem to be broken by the random factors that life brings our way. I think these developmental capacities are not necessarily mutually exclusive I think over time networks may form where due to genetic drift or natural barriers a type of inherent factor may become isolated, but so may an environmental one due to culture, the networks prevalent there, etc. So someone raised in a hard culture may not have reached their full potential and life is much easier today

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
I do personally think many Ns like to play up how strange and weird they are. The way some Ns talk you'd think they were gods standing over the mere mortal S types when this is not the case.

I for one, actually try to play down my weirdness, believe it or not.

skimpit

They are when you play by their rules and their vision...

I think N types do it too, but like the INTJ that responded, I think they're more weirded out by their weirdness than they are into it, and thus try to hide it, which I wouldn't know how that'd work out for them since people might view that as still a type of special-snowflake behavior and it'd annoy them. In this case, it's almost really the best to just embrace your weirdness lest people think... you're weird. Which is, nonetheless, weird. Quite the paradox, really.

Though I do agree with the sarcastic response from Poki, because N types can be some of the most stubborn people to run into, and even then, why would you want to play in their games? You're automatically the Rudolph regardless the type you are, and if you choose to play on their level they'll either think you're an idiot or desperate, or both, neither of which are good - and they'll just hate you and manipulate you more. This doesn't really come from experience, but rather speculation. So don't get mad at me for this opinion.