• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] How does your inferior function show itself? (All types welcome to answer)

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When at my worst or triggered, I am critical, judgmental, irritable, more reactive. (in everyday /'normal' sorts of situations, that are short lived, not something more chronic). This isn't really functions based, though, I mean I don't view it that way (ie I think Te has huge positives in my life), I'm just saying how am/feel when I am at my worst.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I realize that I am at my worst when I am in a situation that isn't right for me for too long. It's because I get pulled in a direction that isn't "me" and I start to really hate myself/feel inferior/feel like I am worthless. That or I look like I have ADHD (the zoning out kind where you don't notice things in front of you or you slowly start to tune people out who are talking to you) and I feel depressed. It causes me to be distracted in my life (I can't get anything done because my mind is preoccupied with feeling down all the time). There are long periods of time when I look "okay" though because I'll do what's expected of me (be a good student or whatever) but below the surface I feel numb and I don't let myself enjoy life and it can actually show because I smile less and I am not as warm. I interact with people less (especially my parents/sisters or other authority figures) because I fear that they will judge me for not meeting/not wanting to meet the expectations I feel they may have for me. I feel as if life has squashed me.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear inferior function please come and rock my world like my dependable primary function.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
paranoia... and second guessing myself :doh:

this only happens if things are going really badly, fortunately enough... normally I trust my own instincts a lot and instead of all of that messy stopping and thinking things through I process on the fly. however, on those occasions when I do turn into an utter mess, I quit trusting myself and become paranoid about everyone else being out to screw me over... and I think of all of the ways that any of my plans will fail in the long run and sink into a sort of paralysis as far as decision making and decisive actions go.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been looping and gripping for a long time. We can call this "the struggle of growing a shy INTP teenager girl in a xSFJ society." [Would a Fsociety joke from Mister Robot be too much here?]
Basically, seeing how I should've mannered looking at other girls, I had decided to study their personalities in order to correct mine. I was asking myself "why can't I do that? Why the hell do they keep on hugging, kissing and crying about stupid things? What's good in their games? What are the pros in loving girly things? This makes no sense, but I want to learn how to be normal"
This lead me to an awkward situation: I think using Ti-Ne-Si, I still interact with others using this shitty Fe I have (it's so obvious that it's made up and it's not me, but whatever) and then recluding myself into my safety zone, Ti and Si.
This eventually became chronic. For a year I've been unhealthy, struck in the neverending circle of poor iperanalysis and doubt. I overreacted to everything. I was just a giant ball of feelings who had lost his hard logic.

As now, the conflict Ti-Fe is still hard. The first prevents me from having relationships, the latter makes me wonder at night "why do I have to be so alone? I chose to, I like it, but at the same time I'd only wish to belong in a group."
Lastly, when I feel blue I indulge on drinking and other sensorial pleasures. After that I always ask myself why I should have done that if it actually drives me to nothing. I know when something makes no sense, but when I'm under the inferior it doesn't matter.

This was actually more than what I was expecting to write, I'm sorry for the wall of text and the broken english.

The bolded section is me. I've never heard someone else articulate my inner thoughts so well. I couldn't have been more than 9 or less when I first remember thinking those thoughts... it felt so isolating. But nothing I ever did made me acceptable. I usually just played with the boys growing up, and that was okay...until puberty hit. Then it became awkward and I felt like I lost my only group of people I actually could have fun with.

Actually, after re-reading that post....I relate to everything. Even the sensory pleasures, social isolation, wanting to belong but not wanting to also....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am used to rub the palm with the right hand. Tho left is way more turning on. Either I am without patience or its Si....