• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Te?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am sorry for your childhood. You deserved far better. :hug:

How aware are you of the emotions of others? Would you say you can tell how others are feeling easily?
Thank you :)

I usually need to hear the tone of their voice or facial expression to pick up on someone's feelings....unless it's something I see happen where I know how I would feel in that situation and then I can just guess.

But i am interested in how someone is feeling if I care about them. I think that's why my Infp ex said I was a good lover. It wasn't just the physical part, but I was emotionally attentive.
Sometjmes i find myself projecting though, so I have to be careful and actually ask how they're feeling.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you :)

I usually need to hear the tone of their voice or facial expression to pick up on someone's feelings....unless it's something I see happen where I know how I would feel in that situation and then I can just guess.

But i am interested in how someone is feeling if I care about them. I think that's why my Infp ex said I was a good lover. It wasn't just the physical part, but I was emotionally attentive.
Sometjmes i find myself projecting though, so I have to be careful and actually ask how they're feeling.

When focusing on the emotions of others, do you reference how you would feel in that situation or do you just sense how they feel?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually reference how I would feel.
I can tell if someone is obviously angry or upset, but if I can't understand their perspective I can be dismissive of feelings. This was the major issue my ex had with me.
She would get upset over stuff and I could clearly tell she was angry, but I couldn't understand it... if I put myself in her shoes and it wasn't the reaction/feeling I would have had, I was unsympathetic and dismissive.
An example of this happened one time when we were on vacation and we got stuck in traffic coming back from Tampa with my 2 kids in the car...
In situations like that, there really isn't anything you can do to change it, so you just make the best of it...make it fun and enjoyable, sing songs and talk...
but with her, she wasn't light-hearted and fun, and actually started crying and getting upset with me because she was mad that I didn't do as good of a job with interpreting my phone's GPS to minimize the traffic delay. And even if I wasn't there, traffic makes her emotional because she gets upset over the government having control over the roads and wasting our lives. It got to be very accusatory and stressful. She would text me cussing me out so that she could express her vitriol without the kids knowing. But it affected me so badly, and it made it so stressful having to deal with her irrationality on top of trying to entertain the kids... I couldn't sympathize with her...I though she was being over exaggerated and irrational.... Sometimes you have to not just focus on yourself and do what you can to make it a pleasant experience for the other people. I didn't say that to her, but I did tell her that I didn't think it was fair to blame me. I didn't know the area at all and I was just reading off the GPS directions to be helpful like she wanted me to anyways...I couldn't help that the app wasn't all that great. -And on top of that, the only way out of Tampa was over two bridges and both were clogged, so at best it would have saved 20 minutes....it wasn't anything worth crying about.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually reference how I would feel.
I can tell if someone is obviously angry or upset, but if I can't understand their perspective I can be dismissive of feelings. This was the major issue my ex had with me.
She would get upset over stuff and I could clearly tell she was angry, but I couldn't understand it... if I put myself in her shoes and it wasn't the reaction/feeling I would have had, I was unsympathetic and dismissive.
An example of this happened one time when we were on vacation and we got stuck in traffic coming back from Tampa with my 2 kids in the car...
In situations like that, there really isn't anything you can do to change it, so you just make the best of it...make it fun and enjoyable, sing songs and talk...
but with her, she wasn't light-hearted and fun, and actually started crying and getting upset with me because she was mad that I didn't do as good of a job with interpreting my phone's GPS to minimize the traffic delay. It got to be very accusatory and stressful. She would text me cussing me out so that she could express her vitriol without the kids knowing. But it affected me so badly, and it made it so stressful having to deal with her irrationality on top of trying to entertain the kids... I couldn't sympathize with her...I though she was being over exaggerated and irrational.... Sometimes you have to not just focus on yourself and do what you can to make it a pleasant experience for the other people. I didn't say that to her, but I did tell her that I didn't think it was fair to blame me. I didn't know the area at all and I was just reading off the GPS directions to be helpful like she wanted me to anyways...I couldn't help that the app wasn't all that great. -And on top of that, the only way out of Tampa was over two bridges and both were clogged, so at best it would have saved 20 minutes....it wasn't anything worth crying over.

your ex sounds very Fi dom, lashing out in irrational Te criticisms. I know the feeling well due to my ISFP wife.

Ok, I am looking at you as someone who exhibits Fe, Ti, and Se. I suspect you have Ni (goes with Se after all), but I don't know how much you have developed it.

The 4 choices with those would be ENFJ, INFJ, ESTP, and ISTP.

Difficult childhoods often leave people with a completely wrong understanding of themself. This can persist well into adulthood. Our brains don't fully develop until we are 25 or so, so faulty constructs can blind ourselves to our true nature.

For myself, I had a difficult childhood, but I didn't know I did. I thought I had survived my challenges without scars or issues. I had made myself into a person who could handle anything, especially abuse. I gloried that I could go work for completely horrible people and not get bothered. I married a wife that was scarred from her childhood and just thought I could handle the challenge and not suffer from what I can clearly see was her abuse towards me.

In college, I took the official MBTI twice and got ISTP both times, several years apart. I thought it fit. I was sure I was introverted, a sensor, a thinker, and a perceiver.

I hit 45 last year and started my midlife crisis. A friend mentioned MBTI, but when I said I was a ISTP, that it didn't fit. I took a test and scored ISTP. But gradually, as I began to see myself better, I realized, with lots of help, that I was never a ISTP, just a very damaged ENFJ.

Just yesterday, I was talking to my son's psychologist and I mentioned I had thought I had been an introvert and she laughed, saying how absolutely absurd the idea was.

Once I accepted my type, I saw exactly how well it fit. It was who I really was and how I thought, but my brain had hidden it from me, to protect me.

And e9s are often very distant from themselves and blind to their nature, so that fits as well.

Our dominant function is the one we do so well that we don't even notice it.

I don't know if you are a Fe dom. ENFJ could fit you, especially given your childhood. And that you had a INFP ex would validate the idea, as there is very real pull between Fe doms and Fi doms that often brings them together.....

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If were stuck at ISXP, the type of F/T axis has to be identified.

Are you more...
Fi/Te "I follow what I want and value (Fi) all the while making sure it is efficient and gains results (Te).
Ti/Fe "I do what is logically apparent (Ti) all the while making sure to take other's values into account (Fe).

Ti dom would lose it if it had to keep taking into account all the social values and needs dictated by the environment (Inferior Te)
Fi dom would lose it if it had to keep following mechanistic demands and evaluations of the environment (Inferior Te).

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
your ex sounds very Fi dom, lashing out in irrational Te criticisms. I know the feeling well due to my ISFP wife. Ok, I am looking at you as someone who exhibits Fe, Ti, and Se. I suspect you have Ni (goes with Se after all), but I don't know how much you have developed it. The 4 choices with those would be ENFJ, INFJ, ESTP, and ISTP. Difficult childhoods often leave people with a completely wrong understanding of themself. This can persist well into adulthood. Our brains don't fully develop until we are 25 or so, so faulty constructs can blind ourselves to our true nature. For myself, I had a difficult childhood, but I didn't know I did. I thought I had survived my challenges without scars or issues. I had made myself into a person who could handle anything, especially abuse. I gloried that I could go work for completely horrible people and not get bothered. I married a wife that was scarred from her childhood and just thought I could handle the challenge and not suffer from what I can clearly see was her abuse towards me. In college, I took the official MBTI twice and got ISTP both times, several years apart. I thought it fit. I was sure I was introverted, a sensor, a thinker, and a perceiver. I hit 45 last year and started my midlife crisis. A friend mentioned MBTI, but when I said I was a ISTP, that it didn't fit. I took a test and scored ISTP. But gradually, as I began to see myself better, I realized, with lots of help, that I was never a ISTP, just a very damaged ENFJ. Just yesterday, I was talking to my son's psychologist and I mentioned I had thought I had been an introvert and she laughed, saying how absolutely absurd the idea was. Once I accepted my type, I saw exactly how well it fit. It was who I really was and how I thought, but my brain had hidden it from me, to protect me. And e9s are often very distant from themselves and blind to their nature, so that fits as well. Our dominant function is the one we do so well that we don't even notice it. I don't know if you are a Fe dom. ENFJ could fit you, especially given your childhood. And that you had a INFP ex would validate the idea, as there is very real pull between Fe doms and Fi doms that often brings them together.....

Thanks for relating your experience... I think my identity searching has been like a mid-life crisis for me as well. I knew that my last ex was someone I was going to marry, and the failure of this relationship has me trying to understand who I really am. I lost myself in the relationship and became codependent...taking on her values but not really. So when I didn't have them to the same degree she did, she felt betrayed at what she perceived as fake.
My ex-husband was also an ISFP...and they were the only two major relationships I ever had. He was raised by an unhealthy, manipulative ESFJ...and he was selfish and deceitful as well.
I recently called my Infp ex selfish as well because her need to park her car in the driveway seemed more important than my son's wellbeing. I needed to be able to back out so I could take him to school...so I moved her car. And because I didn't discuss wanting to take him to school that morning with her first, she was upset on principle. Even though I moved her car out of the way so she wouldn't have to.... and it is dark in the morning and 2 kids were hit already this year riding their bikes to school. She told me she wanted me to park on the street from now on (it's my house). And what's weird is she parks on the street most of the time anyways...

And she was paying half for groceries... until last week when my 9 yr old left a half eaten cereal bar on the counter before school. I know morning's can be crazy, and she might not have been hungry..... so I was just going to wrap it up and save it for later. But she started doing that inferior Te stuff and criticizing my whole parenting, that I was raising my kids to grow up to be horrible people to live with. She kept picking at me for an entire 10 minutes while I was silent until I couldn't take it anymore and told her to shut up. I usually never would say something so mean, but she pushed me too far.
She will not accommodate herself for other people....and my ex that was an ISFP was the same way, though it was a much nicer relationship in terms of conflict since he was a 9.

But now im wondering, am I seeing them as selfish because they truly are selfish?
Or am I seeing them as selfish because they're not accommodating themselves to other people's needs like I think they should do?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If were stuck at ISXP, the type of F/T axis has to be identified.

Are you more...
Fi/Te "I follow what I want and value (Fi) all the while making sure it is efficient and gains results (Te).
Ti/Fe "I do what is logically apparent (Ti) all the while making sure to take other's values into account (Fe).

Ti dom would lose it if it had to keep taking into account all the social values and needs dictated by the environment (Inferior Te)
Fi dom would lose it if it had to keep following mechanistic demands and evaluations of the environment (Inferior Te).

I'm not sure...

I usually do what others value because I don't want to be judged. Being judged makes me feel horrible. But I hate always having to be accommodating because it is exhausting. I feel compelled to acquiesce, but at the same time, I hate it. So I tend to isolate myself. That's why I try not to get involved in relationships, they feel very demanding and take too much of my energy. I keep my social circle very small for that reason.
Maybe that's also an E 9 problem.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Indeed. This is very type 9. How about I put it this way.

When making a decision, are you more likely to discard an option outright if it...
If it crosses a personal value (Fi)?
It is not logical in itself (Ti)?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's a personal value. I am trying to think of examples but I can't... :(

I try to make sure I do no harm....so I'm constantly trying to figure out a way that my decisions cause the least amount of casualties....
I'm sorry I can't give a better answer....

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the time I discard an option it's because I don't want to cause conflict.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Or because it doesn't make sense to me... or I imagine scenarios that could be problematic in the future if I made that decision.

Thinking about the example below, I discarded the option of buying that first house because I felt bad about it. But I didn't realize until I got into contract.... then I became distraught and cried and begged my mom to help me talk to the real estate agent to get me out of the contract.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The reason I bought the house I did, after I got out of contract on that one that I knew was wrong (it was right by the freeway, on the side of town where my ex-husband lives) is because when I visited it, it felt right. I had a good feeling about it. You can tell when the energy is off in a house. And the owners were SJ's that took meticulous care of it. I could see the quality and thoroughness in their attention to detail. She even alphabetized her spice rack.
I also knew that pollution was something to consider, so I liked the fact that it was west of the freeway, downwind (not sure if I'm using the right word here) from toxic pollution that would be carried in the air...and there weren't any huge electrical lines nearby. It was a ranch, which I felt like would be good so that if I stayed there until I was old, I could still get around...I have a back injury and I foresee a lot of mobility problems. It was also closer to my mom, and even though she isn't very helpful with the kids at all, I can't stand to be too far away from her. Plus the schools were good so that my kids would have a decent education. When I visited that house, a cute squirrel came to the door because they used to feed them peanuts. It's name was little bits and would take a peanut right from your hand. And the neighbor's old dog was outside roaming around and I could tell he was a sweet dog. The house ended up being in the neighborhood I looked at 8 months previously...and I remembered the beautiful stonework the neighbor had on his house. I ended up loving both of those neighbors so much.... the neighborhood was a really good fit.

Im not sure if that helps at all.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for relating your experience... I think my identity searching has been like a mid-life crisis for me as well. I knew that my last ex was someone I was going to marry, and the failure of this relationship has me trying to understand who I really am. I lost myself in the relationship and became codependent...taking on her values but not really. So when I didn't have them to the same degree she did, she felt betrayed at what she perceived as fake.
My ex-husband was also an ISFP...and they were the only two major relationships I ever had. He was raised by an unhealthy, manipulative ESFJ...and he was selfish and deceitful as well.
I recently called my Infp ex selfish as well because her need to park her car in the driveway seemed more important than my son's wellbeing. I needed to be able to back out so I could take him to school...so I moved her car. And because I didn't discuss wanting to take him to school that morning with her first, she was upset on principle. Even though I moved her car out of the way so she wouldn't have to.... and it is dark in the morning and 2 kids were hit already this year riding their bikes to school. She told me she wanted me to park on the street from now on (it's my house). And what's weird is she parks on the street most of the time anyways...

And she was paying half for groceries... until last week when my 9 yr old left a half eaten cereal bar on the counter before school. I know morning's can be crazy, and she might not have been hungry..... so I was just going to wrap it up and save it for later. But she started doing that inferior Te stuff and criticizing my whole parenting, that I was raising my kids to grow up to be horrible people to live with. She kept picking at me for an entire 10 minutes while I was silent until I couldn't take it anymore and told her to shut up. I usually never would say something so mean, but she pushed me too far.
She will not accommodate herself for other people....and my ex that was an ISFP was the same way, though it was a much nicer relationship in terms of conflict since he was a 9.

But now im wondering, am I seeing them as selfish because they truly are selfish?
Or am I seeing them as selfish because they're not accommodating themselves to other people's needs like I think they should do?

I sorry that your relationship just ended. That can definitely set off a need for self-examination. The pain of such can be useful in the path of growth, if we can face it.

Fi doms are selfish, in a way. They struggle to act contrary to how they feel and don't accommodate others well.

FJs are notorious for becoming codependent :)hi:), especially as they lack a strong sense of self-love, seeking fulfillment in others. Most codependents are children of narcissists and/or mentally ill. NFJs in particular are horrible about becoming over accommodating to others.

Your story of the car in the driveway is very typical. I have seen such behavior and among most Fi users I know.

It doesn't make them bad people at all. It just makes them very different from a Fe user.

There is a definite difference in the approach to the world between the two groups and crossover is often painful. Fe users get annoyed that Fi users don't even seem to understand the simple rules of life that Fe rules take for granted. Fi users tend to feel such "rules" are hostile impositions from an external domineering force.

I had an interesting conversation with my ESFP son the other day. He views all the family rules as optional and meaningless, so he breaks them regularly. I was trying to use the idea of traffic laws to explain that family rules are just like laws that are there to help things go more smoothly.

When we approached the stop sign, I said, "I don't get angry because I see a stop sign. It doesn't bother me that it is existing. I know it is there to avoid accidents and help everyone."

He responded, "Well, you don't really need to obey stop signs. It really isn't necessary......."

Sure he is only 11, but I was very surprised by his statement.

For a FP, a FJ setting forth of rules and ideas become, at times, as hostile impositions from the outside. Many Fi doms in particular want to be islands, independent of external pressure.

FJs understand naturally that we impact others and so we are cautious about how we interact with them. And we know we are highly influenced by how they feel and they by us.

For me, I never suspected I was codependent. I didn't know I had a complete lack of boundaries. I completely ignored my own feelings. I was highly in tune to my wife's feelings, so it was extremely painful anytime she was upset and harmony was disrupted.

To break out of that, the codependent needs to set forth boundaries. To stop accommodating so much. To love themselves and get in touch with themselves. To get angry when someone starts treating them badly. e9s are usually out of touch with themselves, just like most FJs, so, getting more in tune with themselves will help them grow and avoid these issues. Finding anger and interacting with it is a powerful thing for e9s.

Codependent relationships are stable, as long as the codependent person is the doormat. As soon as the start pushing themselves forward, it disrupts the relationships. Either the other person has to improve or the relationship dies. It is a difficult process. For me, I was very lucky and my marriage has greatly improved as I have gotten healthier and focused more on my needs and my wants and myself in general.

Back to selfishness, both sides can be selfish in their own way. My ESFJ teenage son is lost without someone with him (especially his INTP twin). He gets demanding and aggressive in his neediness. He wants to watch over his brother and take responsibility for his brother and be needed by his brother and so he hates his brother not needing him. The INTP twin is smothered by his Fe and pushes him away.

FJs want harmony (as do 9s, as you noted), which can be selfish in that they want others to act in a certain way (even if it seems like the best way to act and most people would seem to agree with that). FPs don't seem to see the need to keep harmony if something bothers them.

One thing I learned with my wife, is that when she gets on one of her Te tirades, I put on what I call my Fi filter. I ignore the details of her words and instead try to understand what she is expressing behind the words.

FPs often can't get the words out to adequately express what they feel, if they are even aware of what they are feeling in the moment. Te becomes an improper mechanism to express the feelings, especially about something close to their depth of feelings.

I love Fi users. I feel a pull to them wherever I am. Most of my friends growing up were ESFPs. There is an unconscious pull to what we don't consciously use, so FJs are pulled to FPs and FPs are pulled to FJs.

If you are a FJ, then you repress your shadow Fi enormously. But it isn't weak, it is just unconscious and neglected.

However, there is a point in life, where FJs need to turn Fe inward and look at that shadow Fi, just like FPs need to turn Fi outward and look at the shadow Fe. It is extremely awkward and painful (midlife crisis and such) but can be extremely rewarding if one can actually do it.

I can only wish you the best. Perhaps a fully developed and healthy FJ will no longer feel the pull to FPs.

I hope this was not too long of an answer to your question...........

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not too long at all. I'm glad things are better with you and your wife. :)
Sticking up for myself has been incredibly hard, as I often think that maybe the other person could be right, and I'm wrong for feeling the way I do.

The relationship dynamics do seem more Fi/Fe...
I just don't see any skill in Fe things.... I really value the way Fe can be so selfless and caring. And they seem to know just what to say to comfort someone. I suck so badly at knowing what to do.
My neighbor came over to tell me that his son got sent home from school for acting up, and instead of going home he went to the sister high school and pretended to be a new student. I thought that was pretty hiliarious, so I started laughing....then he started crying (this was my ISTP neighbor talking about his ESTP son). I realized my reaction was inappropriate and that I hadn't read his intention for coming over accurately. So I thought what should I do to show him that I care....so I gave him an awkward hug. I felt bad for laughing afterwards...
and I don't really like to talk about people and their relationships.... I'm more interested in the kind of phone they have or their electronics...
Even when I was enraptured talking to Dario, I paid attention to the fact that he had an Xbox one and what kinds of games he had... but as far as the decor, I didn't notice much except he loved black and white color schemes. I didn't care about personal stuff...but I loved picking his brain about personality topics.
There were a couple other of my group with me and I felt like I monopolized the conversation with him...it was so energizing to play off of what he was saying and ask more questions to find out even more. I kept coming up with so many questions each time he talked. The neuroscience of personality is fascinating and seems to just be in its infancy. I love to find out how things are related or correlated.... My scan showed that my brain activity was often off the charts, significantly higher than the norm because of how engaged I was in what we were doing.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not too long at all. I'm glad things are better with you and your wife. :)
Sticking up for myself has been incredibly hard, as I often think that maybe the other person could be right, and I'm wrong for feeling the way I do.

The relationship dynamics do seem more Fi/Fe...
I just don't see any skill in Fe things.... I really value the way Fe can be so selfless and caring. And they seem to know just what to say to comfort someone. I suck so badly at knowing what to do.
My neighbor came over to tell me that his son got sent home from school for acting up, and instead of going home he went to the sister high school and pretended to be a new student. I thought that was pretty hiliarious, so I started laughing....then he started crying (this was my ISTP neighbor talking about his ESTP son). I realized my reaction was inappropriate and that I hadn't read his intention for coming over accurately. So I thought what should I do to show him that I care....so I gave him an awkward hug. I felt bad for laughing afterwards...
and I don't really like to talk about people and their relationships.... I'm more interested in the kind of phone they have or their electronics...
Even when I was enraptured talking to Dario, I paid attention to the fact that he had an Xbox one and what kinds of games he had... but as far as the decor, I didn't notice much except he loved black and white color schemes. I didn't care about personal stuff...but I loved picking his brain about personality topics.

Again, you might be a ESTP or ISTP instead of NFJ. If so, perhaps your Fe is poorly developed. But, given your childhood, it is just as likely that your Fe is poorly developed due to life issues and until you address it, you will continue to struggle.

I know, I have been there. I was cut off from my feelings and understanding how to express them, as long as they were conscious. I blocked that all off, so I could not be hurt. But I was still hurt, I just ignored it.

Whatever your Fe position, I highly recommend you try to get in touch with it. Try to open yourself up to feeling, both your own, and what others are feeling. I used to have no ability to keep it separate, and was overwhelmed by the strong emotions of others.

One trick I used, which proved very helpful, was to merely connect better to others. Everyone I ran into each day, I would say in my mind, "I love you for XXXXX" and come up with some thing about the person. Doing so helped me to open myself up to others. It changed my perspective.

Therapy also helped me a lot.

As did opening up to others. Almost no one in my life knew I had any problems in my marriage. For 15 years, my brother had said "Your wife hates you. She treats you badly." and I dismissed it thinking he was just being mean. My wife only showed her dark side around her own family. And I accommodated it. And excused it.

But, by opening up to others, I was able to start connecting to others and feeling more. It was an extremely painful process. But highly worth it.

So, again, I have no idea what level your Fe is at. Unaddressed, especially approaching midlife, it will be a problem.

Over the last 20 months, I have been through a fire that I would wish on no person. But I am so happy to have done so. I am a profoundly different person today, much, much healthier than I ever was back then.

It just isn't an easy path.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can feel that you have went through fire.... it seems to bring out the compassion in people when they have suffered so much... they don't want that for others. You remind me a little of my INFJ friends who I am so grateful for.

I disconnect because of the pain...you're right. And I did keep the relationship problems under wraps for a long time because I didn't want anyone to see her in a bad light... I loved her and didn't want the people I love to not accept her.
But even in pictures from before I met her until now, it is physically visible how much wear my body has taken because of the stress... my hair has so much silver streaks in it... and it started when things started getting bad. I feel like I've taken years off my life. Those telomeres have been shortened, I'm sure of that...and I don't know what irreparable damage this has done.

I do try to see the good in people...even her. The only reason I stayed past the point of expiration is because of the effect her leaving would have on my kids...so I held on and tried to withstand the stress and conflict, even though it was killing me, literally.
The demise of this relationship has been really good for me gaining more self-awareness... by leaps and bounds.
And I've met some really wonderful, helpful people.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will take them to heart.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can feel that you have went through fire.... it seems to bring out the compassion in people when they have suffered so much... they don't want that for others. You remind me a little of my INFJ friends who I am so grateful for.

I disconnect because of the pain...you're right. And I did keep the relationship problems under wraps for a long time because I didn't want anyone to see her in a bad light... I loved her and didn't want the people I love to not accept her.
But even in pictures from before I met her until now, it is physically visible how much wear my body has taken because of the stress... my hair has so much silver streaks in it... and it started when things started getting bad. I feel like I've taken years off my life. Those telomeres have been shortened, I'm sure of that...and I don't know what irreparable damage this has done.

I do try to see the good in people...even her. The only reason I stayed past the point of expiration is because of the effect her leaving would have on my kids...so I held on and tried to withstand the stress and conflict, even though it was killing me, literally.
The demise of this relationship has been really good for me gaining more self-awareness... by leaps and bounds.
And I've met some really wonderful, helpful people.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will take them to heart.

Last year, after I started this process, people said I looked like I was 20 years younger. One friend I hadn't seen since college exclaimed, "You have not aged at all!"

My sister said I looked better and healthier and happier than she had ever remembered me looking.

I read somewhere that we only have the capacity to love to the extent of the pain we have processed.

After ignoring pain since early childhood, and then processing all of it at once (seemingly), so that it was hundreds of times worse than any pain I have ever felt, I am glad I do not have that unconscious pain sucking my vitality away. Life is far better, though far from "good".

But there is a way forward. All these things you have suffered can be turned into good for you, if you can use them to grow.

Again, best of luck. I am very sorry for the end of your recent relationship. But I am hopeful for you that you can find peace and harmony through all this and become a healthy and happier person, one that can help spread good and peace in the world.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure if this points to being in the Ti/Fe , Fe/Ti axis, or the Te/Fi , Fi/Te axis, but Dario asked me a question about ethics during the scan. My answer was different than two of the Fi users... I'm not sure what the INTJ said though in her response.

But the questions was something like, "A 12 yr old girl asked her mom if she saved up enough money if she could go to a concert, and her mom said she could. The girl saved up the $50 and her mom said she couldn't go. The girl decides to go to the concert anyways. If you are her sister, would you tell?"

My answer was dependent upon variables like: would the concert be one where a 12 year old would be safe? do I have a good relationship with my sister? If the concert is one that could have a higher potential for her to run into some danger, I would tell my mom. If I didn't have a good relationship with my sister, I'd probably tell my mom. If I did have a good relationship with my sister, and it was a concert that didn't seem too dangerous, I'd most likely try to keep my sister's secret.