MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default What Each Type Looks Like In The Grip Of The Inferior

Likes Rouskyrie liked this post

Well, if that doesn't work, then do this.

Then you may fall prey to the inferior. "And I can see Russia from my house!"

Tell me, can she name a newspaper? I know what she's not reading: Jung.
    Think.

Likes N/A liked this post

The description for ENFJ most resembles my grip experience.

Interesting article.

Saturn's Amethyst Lord Lavender's Avatar
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I relate to both xNTP grips. Sometimes i have the ENTP one and sometimes the INTP one.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

ESTJ

Cognitive Functions: Extroverted Thinking – Introverted Sensing – Extroverted Intuition – Introverted Feeling

How the rut develops: When they sense a problem developing, the ESTJ’s first reaction will be to find a practical solution and apply it immediately. They will attempt to re-impose order to their external environment as soon as it has been disrupted. If they are unable to do so, they may shift the focus to their introverted sensing. Rather than dealing with what is directly apparent, they will think of what has helped them solve a similar issue in the past and attempt to apply the same method to the problem at hand. If this approach also fails them, the ESTJ may turn to their tertiary extroverted intuition. They will brainstorm new ideas for resolving the issue and attempt to catapult themselves out of the rut using a previously untested method. If the ESTJ is still spiralling at this phase, they are at risk of falling prey to their inferior function.

What the rut looks like: An ESTJ in a rut will revert to their introverted feeling. This normally pragmatic type will become self-critical and overly analytical – trying to find the deeper meaning behind everything they and others do. They may become fixated on morals – judging others for what they are doing wrong and vocalizing their opinion on it. While in the grip of their introverted feeling, the ESTJ will lose the ability to make objective, pragmatic decisions. Their behaviour will be rash and defensive and they may withdraw from others in an attempt to hide the fact that they are not behaving entirely rationally.

How to get out of it: To break out of a rut, the ESTJ needs to reconnect with their extroverted thinking. They need to regain confidence in their ability to impose order on their external environment and make pragmatic choices for both themselves and those around them. They may use their introverted sensing to help them remember what they have valued in the past, and make decisions based on the most logical implementation of those values.

What their return to health will look like: As their mindset improves, the ESTJ will regain their natural confidence and decisiveness. They will once again work toward imposing order into their lives and will take on positions of leadership as they become available. This highly organized type thrives when they are given autonomy to make practical decisions – seeking out those situations will likely be crucial to their return to confidence and health.
    The Te-Si-Ne path is EXACTLY how I solve problems, to a T. Have you done the obvious thing? How about the thing that all the experts say is best? Ok... how about this other thing that might make sense based on this pattern I've noticed?

First bolded: That's not why I withdraw. I withdraw either to figure out my own shit, because I can't figure it out with too much going on around me -- or I withdraw to keep myself from wrecking an otherwise nice social situation. ESTJs in the grip are very aware that they're bulls in china shops, so it's not hiding the emotionality as in "oh god, no one can know that i have feelings", it's "i don't want to be a jerk to people, and i can guarantee that i'll be a jerk to people, so i'd rather stay at home and not ruin things".

Second bolded: totally true. The way I would phrase it is, the best way for ESTJs to get out of a rut is to 1) remember what it is that they're good at, and 2. do that thing. It really is all about rebuilding confidence, and the only way to do that is to remind yourself physically (not just by remembering, but by doing) that you're good at things.
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1dw + sp/so + 14? tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes N/A liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Awwwww mannnnnn thought What Each Type Looks Like In The ended with Shower hahaha

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    Awwwww mannnnnn thought What Each Type Looks Like In The ended with Shower hahaha
    ISTJs:

ornery ornithologist captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I only briefly read the types closest to my own, but is there one for 'alternates between being filled with anger directed at others as well as intense self-loathing, and denying a problem exists at all?
    "And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now."
    -Rilke

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I only briefly read the types closest to my own, but is there one for 'alternates between being filled with anger directed at others as well as intense self-loathing, and denying a problem exists at all?
    What the rut looks like: An ISTP in a rut will revert to their extroverted feeling. This normally logical type will become defensive and reactive – refusing to acknowledge that they cannot find their way out of the rut and clinging to faulty logic in order to support their unstable self-image. The ISTP’s introverted intuition may interact with their unhealthy extroverted feeling in a way that makes them anticipate negative future events for themselves and their loved ones in this state. They may become uncharacteristically anxious and hostile.
    ^

ornery ornithologist captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^