• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] i finaly got something about introverted intuition.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok so my initial understand of ni was right from the begining,all my reading about ni made me become confused by this is what i initially thought
intuition is a perceiving function and when i first learned about mbti i thought ok if extroverted intuition is a perceiving function then introverted intuition is also
my ne works subconsiously and on its own i never try to find connections or come up with ideas,so its perceiving they just appear by themself and then afterwards id analyze them internaly with my fi..so i figure that ne is more loose free flowing making connections never trying to force it,it just happens best when left byitself ect hence a perceiving function
jidgment funcitons like fi is more consious,more controled organized and trying to peice things together logialy
so i figure that ni must just be the same in reverse externaly an intj would be more control 'there'consious' putting things together piece by piece ect
and internalaly they more free,letting ideas and connections form by themselfs,or unconsiously,just observing the insights that come hence a perceiving function, just letting the mind form its own insights,without being there or more in a let go free state,and then only judging the insights through there ti or fi Tertiary function and then comunicating it through fe or te...am i right here?hence a perceiving function?

Shaedow

Yes, according to Jung the contents of perceiving functions appear 'given'.
Rational functions derive and reason through to their conclusion/content.

The e of Ne focuses on the potential of external objects. For Ni the i focuses on internal objects (such as inner imagery/symbols).

Now ones dominant function is under conscious control or 'willed'. The contents of the inferior by contrast are imposed on the individual uncontrollably (it either affects you or it doesn't, you can't simply focus on this perspective by choice).
For intuition I take this as being able, by choice, to be aware of potential/possibilities and to trust it. This is not 'forcing' connections.

This is more a Jungian perspective. Ni and Ne may differ based on other functional definitions.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Right. And because the perceiving function is "N", it's largely perceiving ideas and patterns, not concrete things and details.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Right. And because the perceiving function is "N", it's largely perceiving ideas and patterns, not concrete things and details.

So comparisons and contrasts of tangibly... what? Whatever the world extroverts via the connected extroverted Function?

Ideas and patterns doesn't seem very distinct. Concrete patterns and ideas exist. They also exist for different aspects of the objective world.