• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Confused over my cognitive functions...

kaldaz

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So I took this test: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

But my results were interesting...:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.1)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30)
good use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************** (27.7)
average use

extraverted Thinking (Te) **************************** (28)
average use

introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******** (8.7)
unused

introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************** (44.1)
excellent use

Apparently, my top 2 most used functions are Fi and then Ti. But isn't that theoretically impossible?

The function order continues just like an INFP though (Ne>Si>Te)

Does this just mean I'm an INFP with a very developed Ti? This seems to be the most logical answer. I'm not so sure though...

I really don't understand...

Thoughts? :mellow:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can only gauge xnxp from this. K2C has a tendency to overpower Fi sometimes. How about this. Are you more prone to say "life must be logically consistent" or "life must be congruent to my values, wants, and desires"?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
So I took this test:
Apparently, my top 2 most used functions are Fi and then Ti. But isn't that theoretically impossible?
Yes, it is , but keys to cognition tests all the eight function. A policy that you may apply when testing yourself with keys to cognition is that: if at your stack, Fi is detected, Fe is not available and the opposite function Te is available and the Ti is not available. If Ni is available, Si is not available, Se is available, Ne is not available.

So I took this test:

The function order continues just like an INFP though (Ne>Si>Te)
Does this just mean I'm an INFP with a very developed Ti? This seems to be the most logical answer. I'm not so sure though...
If the Fi is your primary and Ne your aux, that will make you Fi-Ne, Si-Te. INFP doesn't have Ti at their stack. I am not sure whether sole statistical test including Nardi's keys to cognition can correctly identify psychological function, for some reasons, one of which since they must tap every single nature of each 8 psychological function in their questionnaire, while some manifestation may not be fully tapped by questions. Many mistype themselves after taking the test. So you'll need to further study on you own or discuss with others. However, It is a good start in typology. I myself took the test years ago, when I firstly introduced with MBTI.

Last edited:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Function results rarely align with theory. It makes sense that someone with a dominant introverted judging function would also score high in the opposite introverted judging function. The way low score on Fe aligns well with either IxFP or IxTP being your true type. Ne is also distinctly high so I would say these align closest to INFP with INTP as a close second.