• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What use is Ti?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Bearers of introverted thinking, state your case!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's for figuring out the best and most efficient way to pretend we know what we're talking about.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Bearers of introverted thinking, state your case!
Oy vey, what kind of fucked up Doctrinaire's Box are you trying to open up here!!!

On second thought, next time I'm feeling sleepless, I'll just open up this thread and sedate myself with the Ti-:sleeping: meanderings!

:D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's my highest score on function tests, so it's for "testing as INTP." teehee.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What use is it?? INTP's have it, so it obviously has a borderline incredible use.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
It's for figuring out the best and most efficient way to pretend we know what we're talking about.

x2

lol I do that constantly until someone gets the nerve to say "hey, you seem like you know what you're talking about, here do this" then I get a deer in the headlights look and go hmm what the hell was it I was suppose to do?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ti is orf hte oclo eloppe woh anc ysa "I ese mudb eloppe"

ygolo

My termites win
Ti is orf hte oclo eloppe woh anc ysa "I ese mudb eloppe"

I rlleay kiled htta spto.

Actually, if a serious answer is was what was desired:

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D

That was wonderful, I had a tear in the eye, after I had read the definiton

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
So Ti-bearers are good at sitting there and coming up with the perfect word to use. That sounds wonderful, but doesn't make them particularly useful. Can you actually do anything?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So Ti-bearers are good at sitting there and coming up with the perfect word to use. That sounds wonderful, but doesn't make them particularly useful. Can you actually do anything?

that sentence was a vicious circle

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"A vicious circle is a complex of events that reinforces itself through a feedback loop toward greater instability."

---

And it (the sentence) was a groundmaker for ingenuity (given you DO understand the deeper meaning) :D

ygolo

My termites win

"The perfect word" usually is word in the laguage of mathematics. In fact all of mathematics is the creation of such perfect words.

Those perfect words (that created our mathematics) have been profoundly useful.

Now are you going to tell me that mathematics is not useful?

Besides, the idea of leverage should not be lost on you. Ti is great at doing very little work while getting a lot done.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I so need Ti whenever I start new projects, like "What if each type drew medicine wheels depicting their grief process? Would there be patterns? Would anyone care?"

I email my thoughts off to my friend in Australia (halfway around the world seems close enough for receiving critique) and he posts back, "I"ll think about it. Can I have a couple days?" And 2-3 days later, when he's had a chance to walk the beach and consider how to tighten my logic and be more objective in how I begin, he'll get back to me with ideas that make it far better than my original thoughts.

'Course if it's a stupid idea he lets me know right away. And sometimes he even asks my opinion on things. All in all, Ti is very useful

redacted

LOL. Te users may not understand, as their thinking is inherently about practicality.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
And 2-3 days later, when he's had a chance to walk the beach and consider how to tighten my logic and be more objective in how I begin, he'll get back to me with ideas that make it far better than my original thoughts.
2-3 days? Walk the beach? What the hell kind of Ti user are we talking about?

redacted

Ti vs. Te:

Te will stop a thought process if it's not applicable
Ti will stop a thought process if it isn't logically consistent with itself

Basically Te is more useful for doing, Ti is more useful for thinking.

Depth vs. Practicality is the tradeoff.