• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What use is Ti?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL. Te users may not understand, as their thinking is inherently about practicality.

All Thinking is about practicality.

Ti and Te are precisely the same device. Te uses objects to make plans and/or measurements, Ti uses subjects.

That is, Te will use conventional metrics like inches or meters, Ti will prefer to 'eyeball' it.
Te is more exacting in that way.

Te would quicker latch itself onto a project already in the works. Many are deceived by the entrepreneurial nature Te types often appear to have, when actually they've started nothing, only made a venture into a system that was already present -- look around for this ANYYWHERE on Wall st. and you're sure to find it. On the same 'business' scheme - a Te who has low esteem for their introverted perception will likely not start a business, and choose instead to commandeer a business, as it is ultimately far more efficient than building a new one, contrasted by the one who values his perceptions, will more often than not be disgusted by whatever system he finds himself in, and be driven to design another.

I will never get over Steve Jobs' amazing rendition of the ENTJ.

Ti uses information about the objects to decide what to do based on the individial's plan and goals.

Someone's goal might be to play a good metal show. Ti will decide just where to put your fingers on the fretboard, just where to strum etc.
Slash is a good example of this. ISTP isn't just good at analyzing mechanics. Ti orchestrates countless unnamed bits of minutia to form a singular ensemble, or so the Thinker would have himself, and, especially in E_TPs, his audience believe.

They really are the same. They both just use logic. Depending on the orientation, you're bound to get different results, but ultimately, the deciding is done by finding the most logical solution to a 'problem'.

Just the same, Ni and Ne are the identical mechanisms, as are Si-Se and Fi-Fe.

redacted

You can't really divorce Fe from Ti. Nor can you divorce Te from Fi. They're completely dependent on each other.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You can't really divorce Fe from Ti. Nor can you divorce Te from Fi. They're completely dependent on each other.
I divorced from Fe years ago, but it still stalks me. Restraining order and everything...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Now we just need an INFJ who calls himself the Führer of this thread xD

redacted

All Thinking is about practicality.

They really are the same. They both just use logic. Depending on the orientation, you're bound to get different results, but ultimately, the deciding is done by finding the most logical solution to a 'problem'.

Just the same, Ni and Ne are the identical mechanisms, as are Si-Se and Fi-Fe.

True. I didn't mean Ti wasn't practical, I just meant that Ti isn't focused on tangible practicality (I think the word tangible is somewhat implied in the connotation of practicality, but I could be wrong).

Te and Ti are pretty much the same. Thinking is really just one function. The spectrum of introversion to extroversion is the spectrum of tangibility to depth. Ti checks an idea against itself, Te checks an idea against the world.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am off for the night, the last beer was poisoned

gn8 jack

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
What do you mean?

They really do manage to make decisions without any consideration of impact on people/community values/etc.--or carry them out in ways that completely destroy any hope of buy-in.

Yes, they're immature and unhealthy, not normally developed Thinking types. That's why their team is in trouble and why I get called in...

redacted

How can one be motivated to think without feeling okaying the idea? Feeling does not necessarily mean considering others. It just means value judgments. Fe doesn't have to care about others, it just looks to the environment for validation.

Similar question: How can one use intuition without sensory data?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Ich glaube, das ist Deutschland sieben Stunden später...Gute Nacht!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
True. I didn't mean Ti wasn't practical, I just meant that Ti isn't focused on tangible practicality (I think the word tangible is somewhat implied in the connotation of practicality, but I could be wrong).

Te and Ti are pretty much the same. Thinking is really just one function. The spectrum of introversion to extroversion is the spectrum of tangibility to depth. Ti checks an idea against itself, Te checks an idea against the world.

I really think you have a poor understanding of the dynamic between subject and object.