• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Type Defining Videos

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So that was a yes? :hug:

officially infiltrated
typology central domination plan go

I'm sorry but if you try to take control over Typology Central the mods will hold you down like an illegal immigrant caught by border patrol and you don't want to see that.

(Probably not that the mods would prefer to be known as border patrol but the metaphor works anyway in its meaning)

What it's actually like:

Forever: SHHHH! you're too loud.

•mod squad plane inbound•

Forever: *hyperventilating*

See's [member name removed] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get permabanned.

*sobs*

And that's why you shouldn't take over the forum kids. :coffee:

Last edited:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I would do it if I had a bit of guidance as to how to approach it. Can't expect much focus from me if I have too much creative room.
[MENTION=1180]miss fortune[/MENTION] is probably a better example of an ESTP though. And I :heart: her videos.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION]

Volunteering as tribute for the ENTJs!

Also, offering up the video challenge question roster for additional potential questions:

LL gave me an awesome idea of how we as virtual strangers can analyze one another more closely by seeing the "real" you as opposed to words on a screen and type you as accurately as possible, bearing in mind that typology is an indicator. Awesome video btw!

questions to answer while filming yourself. be natural. behave as you normally would in a comfortable setting.

1-what makes you angry?
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
3-do you like animals? why?
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
8-what activities do you enjoy?
9-what makes you feel secure?
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?

If any of those videos are still accessible, we might be able to use some of those vids for gaps in MBTI or enneagram volunteers.

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] those are good questions to start building a list.

Pulling some questions from that OP and thread that I think could also help:

+ Define justice!
+ What did you like about your favorite story book from childhood?
+ Convince the forum that pajama day should be a bank holiday. (I think this would be oddly informative because while it's silly, it's asking someone to be persuasive, which highlights personality a lot)
+ What is your idea of the perfect day?

We should probably create a master/finalized list once some more people weigh in.

One thing I thought of that I think people should consider: don't preformulate your answers for questions (or at least, try not to). I think it would lend to people trying to "tailor fit" their questions to their type and thus create a less organic and informative example.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This question might be too big, but it would be revealing: "How would you describe reality?"

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing I thought of that I think people should consider: don't preformulate your answers for questions (or at least, try not to). I think it would lend to people trying to "tailor fit" their questions to their type and thus create a less organic and informative example.

I agree that people should avoid tailoring their answers to fit their type, and just answer as if someone who has zero idea what mbti is listening, or like you would before hearing anything about personality types.

But personally, if I were to make a video without preformulating answers you'd basically get: 20 minutes of me staring into space occasionally interrupted by sentence fragments that don't make much sense, accompanied by hand gestures that (in my universe) totally explain exactly what the sentence fragments are supposed to mean. (And fyi: the hand gestures never actually effectively explain what the sentence fragments are supposed to mean. That doesn't stop me from giving it my all, though.) I doubt I'm alone in this.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
What if we DIDN'T say our types at all and just answered? Obviously we know the types a lot of us identify with, but maybe IDK, just answer without it in mind.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that people should avoid tailoring their answers to fit their type, and just answer as if someone who has zero idea what mbti is listening, or like you would before hearing anything about personality types.

But personally, if I were to make a video without preformulating answers you'd basically get: 20 minutes of me staring into space occasionally interrupted by sentence fragments that don't make much sense, accompanied by hand gestures that (in my universe) totally explain exactly what the sentence fragments are supposed to mean. (And fyi: the hand gestures never actually effectively explain what the sentence fragments are supposed to mean. That doesn't stop me from giving it my all, though.) I doubt I'm alone in this.

I have done two typology videos about 5 years apart. One where I prepared for the Qs and one where I didn't. I was utterly shocked to learn how similar my answers were after re-examining and comparing them. I did have less "ummms" and blank staring into space in my prepped one however. hehe

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
>Who< I am I'm not sure, but since we all are complex intertwined matter with limited duration in this pre Christ's second coming life, I was indeed hoping to be allowed a seat close to you. No biggies tho in case not :D

Lmfao at the edit reason for this post, oh my god I love you you're my new favorite, I'm claiming you for my clan

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm sorry but if you try to take control over Typology Central the mods will hold you down like an illegal immigrant caught by border patrol and you don't want to see that.

(Probably not that the mods would prefer to be known as border patrol but the metaphor works anyway in its meaning)

What it's actually like:

Forever: SHHHH! you're too loud.

•mod squad plane inbound•

Forever: *hyperventilating*

See's [member name removed] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get permabanned.

*sobs*

And that's why you shouldn't take over the forum kids. :coffee:

asjdhhasdhsadh I was kidding, it would take too long and it's not a core necessity of mine to rule something or someone. I'd be content if things would just keep going :)

neuskens

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Now on the topic, do we have personal storytelling questions? I think these are the ones you can most identify what is important to the person, how do they like to do or see things being done... I think they speak more about type than actually talking about how you think your type makes who you are or what it makes you think about life.
I suggest these questions:

Tell a story about someone/something you despised but then came to love.
What is the greatest contentment you have about life?
What was a really dark time in your life and how did you overcome it?

Is it appropriate to have 3 posts in a row? Should I compile them?