Thread: Laziness?

MBTI
    NF
    Enneagram
    9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Laziness?

I understand that anybody and everybody can and will be lazy if they want to be. That said, I wonder if there is, in fact, a connection between certain cognitive function(s) that can cause someone to be more lazy than the next person. Immobile, slow to react, laziness, what ever you want to call it, could there be a correlation between that behavior and a function? And how does laziness look for a xxxP person versus a xxxJ person?
    <--- great tattoo idea for me lol

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

No

​they're cognitive functions, not behavior functions
    Likes Flâneuse, Luv Deluxe liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

I'm a pretty lazy person but that's mostly a side effect of depression. I never do anything. In my free time I don't participate in clubs or community anything. I just laze around and never leave my room.
    Likes Norrsken liked this post

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    594 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Depends on how you define laziness. If laziness = physical inaction, then Ne-Si might tend itself to more laziness than Se-Ni (physicality and in-the-moment + Ni fixation). Also any introvert caught in a loop isn't likely to do anything useful until they reengage their auxiliary function. I also feel like low Je users would have a hard time getting their lives together.

I found a really interesting Tumblr post a few months back about some relationship between the location of Je in the stack and now well the user generally gets on in the world, likening it to an instruction manual. Je-doms have it memorized whereas inf-Je lost it a long time ago and is kind of flopping around hoping they stumble upon it again.

But as Forever said, the functions aren't behavioral; they're cognitive. Even Te-doms can be lazy. Even Ne-doms.
    Likes Flâneuse, There, Norrsken liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

There are different types of laziness (intellectual, physical, spiritual, etc.) and I don't believe any type or function is more prone to general laziness than another. I also think a lot of the time when someone labels another as lazy, they simply don't understand the other person's goals and methods of achieving them.
    Likes Rouskyrie, Norrsken, Lady Lazarus liked this post

MBTI
    IntJ
    Enneagram
    85X sx

Theoretically, no. (J types are more vigorous outwardly while P types are more vigorous inwardly.) Empirically, yes. The P-J axis in MBTI has a moderate correlation (R = 0.49) to conscientiousness in the Big Five model. Conscientiousness can be broken down into two more specific aspects: Orderliness and Industriousness (opposite of laziness). The correlation will probably be small, but it'll be there. So P types are on average somewhat lazier than J types. Relating that to functions: Pe and Ji tend to be slightly lazier than Pi and Je.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

I can be very lazy. I really wish I wasnt. Its something that Ive been working on/have to power though. I dont know. Even this post is kind of lazy. I think Im a pretty strong P though- not that that says anything but--- well, certain J characteristics that might look less like laziness arent necessarily my strenghts. But- yeah- that doesnt mean that I cant try.