• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Truth about INFJs

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:offtopic:
This is mildly off-topic, however, if someone (perhaps some of us here?) wanted to do these typing videos right, you would find at least two people, male and female, that solidly represent a given type, and then interview them for the video. To be comprehensive you could have four people, two men, two women, at least one young, middle, and senior-aged. That way you could see the non-verbal body language, eye communication, vocal inflections, etc. It is actually extremely confusing to have one type talking about another type when you don't know who or what they are because it confuses the sense of non-verbal communication, and calls into question the accuracy of the information. What is the point of seeing a video about one type describing another? Why not just audio track?

Wouldn't it be really interesting to have a video for each type starting with a teenager-early adult, then a couple of middle-aged people, and finally an elderly person all talking about their sense of their type and its functions? Has anyone done something like this?

I really love this. I'd like to participate if we put something together. Maybe we can invite people from other typology forums for some of the types that are less represented here?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been confident that I'm a 4w5 sx/sp INFJ for 9 damn years. I volunteer as tribute.

Yes, you are a pure breed, I don't think anyone could doubt your type so would be a great vid example. :yes:

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For now I can dismiss she's neither INFP nor INFJ, she's certainly an extrovert.

That video was annoying. Only can stand like 3 mins.

Also probably safe to say she is a feeler too.

Why does she have to wear that kind of clothes with the body she has? ehhhhghhh. Even if she was skinny it's not some sultry date. It's only about ranting about silly mbti stuff.

Just only thought I should reply, because the conversation was mildly interesting.

Im surprised. Out of many people i have come to know on this site. You were the least likely I would have thought to state things like what you said above. The more you know.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

4714125+_7fc08bd2fe1e65d040e5ca03af853c77.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Im surprised. Out of many people i have come to know on this site. You were the least likely I would have thought to state things like what you said above. The more you know.

You're saying I'm predictable ahaha. That's the last thing anyone should think of me. Haha jk. Sometimes a somewhat predictable person is safe though.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP is best shit since DJRND :laugh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, you are a pure breed, I don't think anyone could doubt your type so would be a great vid example. :yes:

[MENTION=179]iwakar[/MENTION]

I second that, you should do a video

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since the title is truth about INFJ. Had a question for IFJs. I had a friend call me last night because she needed help. She is in a very stressed situation...self induced. To top it off someone close was in a horrible accident and she called because she needed words to get her through the night. She needed something to mentally hold on to so she could handle it. Do others relate? How do you personally find these words for yourself?

I know she is religious so i gave her words along the lines that she needs to let it go to God, she is in Gods hands now and he will do what she needs. Also my GF was in a horrible accident at 18, head on collision at 60mph, guy fell asleep and crossed median. She has screws in elbows, knees, hips. She basically shattered on impact. Whats meant to be will be. Be strong for her and pray.

Its kinda funny because she thinks i am religious because i had taken her in to help her.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since the title is truth about INFJ. Had a question for IFJs. I had a friend call me last night because she needed help. She is in a very stressed situation...self induced. To top it off someone close was in a horrible accident and she called because she needed words to get her through the night. She needed something to mentally hold on to so she could handle it. Do others relate? How do you personally find these words for yourself?

I know she is religious so i gave her words along the lines that she needs to let it go to God, she is in Gods hands now and he will do what she needs. Also my GF was in a horrible accident at 18, head on collision at 60mph, guy fell asleep and crossed median. She has screws in elbows, knees, hips. She basically shattered on impact. Whats meant to be will be. Be strong for her and pray.

Its kinda funny because she thinks i am religious because i had taken her in to help her.
Not sure about type, but I can kinda understand in a way, however, if I'm in distress and need that level of help, I typically call my sister. I don't even rely on a close friend with whom I've shared personal discussions. Perhaps it is because I find most of my friends would not likely have the emotional strength to deal with the really hard stuff, or else they already have their plate full. That may actually be why she would call you - because you wouldn't also become distress by it? I also wonder if she lost a close confidant. I do think that I-FJs tend to share their most personal feelings only with a very small circle of friends. I more often retreat when distressed - to an extreme degree, so I don't talk about my problems that much. I'll talk about ideas related to problems, but don't actually cry in front of people very often.

On a different note related to this thread. I'm going to go ahead and say too much in response to the woman in the OP and even to Viki Jo, and others, but oh well. There was a time years ago when I felt like the INFJ category was something relatable for myself and for other people who are Feelers, but also very abstract, spacey, hypothetical, imaginative, and even rather off from the norm. Since the category has become this high-focus concept reiterated by the above-mentioned women and others, it has changed fundamentally from what I used to know it to be based on Jung's writings and even Kiersey (whom I don't agree with fully on his estimation of Sensors). Now the INFJ category feels socially forceful, intellectually brazen, and emotionally crass. The unapologetic bashing of Fi by these people makes me want to go hide in a cave in shame during the time I was associated with the type. It feels like there is no longer a category for people like me, and it's not because I don't like criticism. I'd be more comfortable sharing a category with Rasputin and other truly Ni-dom freaks. The loudness of these new people is precisely what makes me personally feel alienated in the world socially every single day. They are like the people I encounter every day that make me want to go move to the forest and be done with all of it. Maybe I'm neuro-atypical and they are the true representatives of a category to which I don't belong, but when I watch their videos I feel like I need to go sit in a corner, stare at a blank wall, and rock back and forth it feels so hostile and horrific to me. And then there have been posters come along who also act like them with the berating.

There are still some quiet ones here I need to focus on getting to know because I miss faith, kyrielle, fidelia (often still here), but it feels like something that used to mean INFJ is gone, and I miss it. I have nothing in common with the girl in the OP or Viki Jo. They are profoundly different people from me, so if they are INFJs, then there is simply no way that I am.

Enneagram
9w1
You're right that is definitely dismissal, but overall it's a complex issue because she identifies as an INFP. So is she saying she wants to swap herself like a fly? I guess there is some self-rejection going on with her, and other complex issues.

Her vibe reminds me of my boyfriend's father who is also ESTJ. He uses a bizarre form of "passive aggression" where he will tell dominating "jokes". For example, I once thanked him and his wife for taking us out to dinner, and he pointed at me and said, "Now get on your knees and say it". I was especially turned off by the video because of the similarity in the social feeling it conveys. To balance my comments, I will add that I think a healthy ESTJ is like Michael Bluth from "Arrested Development" who is the rock and center of all the craziness. A healthy ESTJ can be the one truly sane, practical, clear person among the lunatics.

There is some reason she identifies as INFP, which is an important element in making sense of this since she knows herself better than anyone. She appears to be in an unhealthy state, and people in unhealthy states can revert to their shadow function in a dysfunctional way. If in addition to this she reminds multiple people of unhealthy ESTJs, so my impression is to type her as that.

omfg my dad is literally this!! They're aggressive in a way that's way more emotionally awkward and almost unsettling than an ESTP who eases things out easily with their Fe... ESTJs just can't seem to do that xD

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like a good idea. Let's just hope that they are accurately typed.

We've had threads similar to this in the vein of "talk about your type", but I'd love to have videos where it was more structured and official. I'd personally like to see it for both enneagram and for MBTI. As far as I can tell we have at least one representive from every type here.

You should start a thread on this! Maybe [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] could help structure such a thing?

I really love this. I'd like to participate if we put something together. Maybe we can invite people from other typology forums for some of the types that are less represented here?

I've been confident that I'm a 4w5 sx/sp INFJ for 9 damn years. I volunteer as tribute.

Video thread created :) Let's do this thing!!
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] -what do you think?