• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] can someone give me an exercise to get into the mindset of introverted intuition

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok can someone give me an exercise to get into the minset of introverted intuition.
eg
1)ill give you an exercise to get into the minset of extroverted intuition.
take an object any object or problem and let go of trying to see a single conclusion just let go your mind,now,start asking questions lots of 'what ifs' just go on asking 'what if; questions on after the other until you go crazy.now instead of trying to see a single conclusion ,find your answer b sprouting out ideas,..just brainsstorm ideas,after ideas,and start linking them together until an answer comes out,..in essence ne is sideways,branches out,..with ideas and concepts,'what ifs' alternitives,'this can mean that'playful,intricate,very wordy,less will,more freeflow...
ok
now can someone with ni(introverted intuition) give e\me an exact exercise to get into the mindset of introverted intuition?

Shaedow

Hmm i'll give it a go...

Now sit down, get comfortable, close your eyes.
Now I want you to imagine a boat.

As you are visualizing your boat, what do you see?
What does your boat look like?
What type of boat is it?
What colours are there?

What is your vantage point? Where are you in relation to your boat? are you on the boat? in the sky? in the water? is there water?

What's the weather like?
Are there any clouds?
What are the waves like?

Can you see land?

can you see anything unusual?

Has the scene changed?

You could write this all down, or keep a mental tab.

Now the interesting part, what does this all symbolize to you? Where possibly has this image risen from? Where could the image be going? Are there other images developing in relation to this image? If so what do they symbolize? What possible connections are being made here? Have these connections shifted how you view things?

Notice how this is your subjective image and you are orientating inwards. Your unconscious fills your mind full of the details and symbols. Notice how following these images, how they came about, where the could be going, is searching for possibility within. You may arrive at some insight, be that about yourself, your current state of mind, your situation or a previous/future outcome. Ni naturally orientates in this manner. The individual may not necessarily see a boat, it could be any inner object (be that an image, thought, feeling, etc and connection between).

I think a more passive way to get into an Ni mindset is to keep a dream journal. Over time pay attention to reoccurring symbols, how they connect, what they could possibly mean, what insight you can draw from it.

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try Sokoban. Or chess. I think they really stretch your Ni.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
Hmm i'll give it a go...

What type of boat is it?
What colours are there?

What is your vantage point? Where are you in relation to your boat? are you on the boat? in the sky? in the water? is there water?

What's the weather like?
Are there any clouds?
What are the waves like?

Can you see land?

Has the scene changed?

Now the interesting part, what does this all symbolize to you? Where possibly has this image risen from? Where could the image be going? Are there other images developing in relation to this image? If so what do they symbolize? What possible connections are being made here? Have these connections shifted how you view things?

Notice how this is your subjective image and you are orientating inwards. Your unconscious fills your mind full of the details and symbols. Notice how following these images, how they came about, where the could be going, is searching for possibility within. You may arrive at some insight, be that about yourself, your current state of mind, your situation or a previous/future outcome. Ni naturally orientates in this manner. The individual may not necessarily see a boat, it could be any inner object (be that an image, thought, feeling, etc and connection between).

I think a more passive way to get into an Ni mindset is to keep a dream journal. Over time pay attention to reoccurring symbols, how they connect, what they could possibly mean, what insight you can draw from it.

thanks actualy through this explaination i can finaly get ni in a practical sense,all the other stuff is just theory but this is an actualy eperince were i can get ni
and by the way ni seems alot of meditation.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
Hmm i'll give it a go...

What type of boat is it?
What colours are there?

What's the weather like?
Are there any clouds?
What are the waves like?

Can you see land?

Has the scene changed?

by the way whats your mbti type?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mr. chado,

use your third eye

that is all,

Forever

Mole

Permabanned
I attended a course run by a Sports' psychologist at the Australian National University in order to improve the performance of elite athletes.

He taught us how to go deeply into ourselves and return safely.

The class consisted of elite athletes from the Australian Institute of Sport and liberal arts scholars from the Australian National University.

To my surprise it was the elite athletes who dropped out of the course while the liberal arts scholars went the distance.

And it became clear that the elite athletes, magnificent physical creatures they were, were deeply threatened by their own inner self.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23960]chado[/MENTION] When learning a new skill or perspective, try to just "accept" the premises as true. Then follow the thread of thought that proceeds. This is why Ni is not usually "surprised."

There's obviously more to it than that. But it's a start. Don't base the new perspective off of some precisely build foundation that you already have prejudged.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
do you guys have any more examples like shaedow has described?

Mole

Permabanned
It seems to me that you are asking how to enter a particular type of entrancement. And any repetition will entrance us. A common repetition is Om.

And how to tailor your entrancement towards introverted intuition I don't know. However we can start to design our own entrancement and discover how to design a trance of introverted intuition.

This may start off as an intellectual exercise but will felt in the body and felt in the emotions. And perhaps the way to get into it is to become aware of the bodily changes and the emotional changes as you go deeper into introverted intuition.

A mistake is to think there is a trick to it, or there is some technique that will get you there. There is no trick and no technique just you.