• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type projection

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Opinion on accuracy of the following

ISxJ's Cling to dominant perspective. Criticize NP's as irresponsible regarding learned knowledge
INxJ's Cling to dominant perspective. Criticize SP's as reckless
IxTP's Appear insensitive or unfeeling and openly complain about FJ types.
IxFP's Criticize others' organization
ESxP's Criticize this stuff as irrelevant.
ENxP's Dismissed learned methods as irrelevant
ExTJ's Become defensive and develop a martyrdom complex where it's everyone else's ethics that are bad.
ExFJ's Criticize others as illogical.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting idea, and I can see some possibilities in what you've outlined here. Is the premise saying that each type is criticizing their own flaws in others, or that each type is criticizing the opposite flaw in others? The IxTPs do complain about FJ types, but in that case I'm not sure it's projection.

One I'm not sure about are the ExFJs. I think perhaps online there are times in debate where the focus is on logic, but in real life it seems more like the criticism is that others are lazy and not doing enough, at least when related to projects they value.

Jaguar

Anyone could criticize another person as irresponsible regarding learned knowledge.
Anyone could criticize another person as reckless.
Anyone could openly complain about any type.
Anyone could criticize others' organization.
Anyone could criticize this stuff as irrelevant.
Anyone could dismiss learned methods as irrelevant.
Anyone could become defensive and develop a martyrdom complex where it's everyone else's ethics that are bad.
Anyone could criticize others as illogical.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm reckless af myself, though I hate it when I get into those moods. I end up damaging something terribly along the way and have since learned to stop doing it, though I'm still reckless with forbidden foods.
:coffeeluv:

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISxJ's Cling to dominant perspective. Criticize NP's as irresponsible regarding learned knowledge
INxJ's Cling to dominant perspective. Criticize SP's as reckless
IxTP's Appear insensitive or unfeeling and openly complain about FJ types.
IxFP's Criticize others' organization
ESxP's Criticize this stuff as irrelevant.
ENxP's Dismissed learned methods as irrelevant
ExTJ's Become defensive and develop a martyrdom complex where it's everyone else's ethics that are bad.
ExFJ's Criticize others as illogical.

I relate to all of the bold ones so I'm not sure what that says about me... probably that I'm too judgemental :whistling:

I can see some relevancy in our inferior function being one of our greatest weaknesses and therefore we see it in others a lot and criticize it.