• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Art and MBTI

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am pretty arty farty. Skill is questionable and I don't cultivate it enough. I started drawing as soon as I could hold a pencil, and I make a living doing commercial design (albeit mediocre, but my taste level may high and unforgiving), for whatever that is worth. I do think I have a good sense of color and get called creative by most people. I can be experimental too. I like the written word now as much as visual art, but I still think I communicate better visually in many ways.

I relate to most IxFPs in here saying they go more for aesthetic value and emotional tone than deep concepts, but then emotional tone can be pretty deep and conceptual for me. I am not political and the story behind art is less interesting to me than the visceral impact of art by itself.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Online stereotypes say NF make good writers and SFs make good artists... But I don't really think following those stereotypes are a good idea.

I'm INFJ and art is in my blood. Singing, playing instruments, I've always had in inclination towards things which are related to art, even stuff like dancing, which I assume is a stereotypically Se thing to do, even if I might not be good at them.
My main forms of art would be singing, drawing, and if I could have it back, piano playing.

My INTP brother would need you to walk over his grave if you wanted him to stop piano, violin, guitar, and photography, and boy is he talented at photography. Self-taught.

I think it's more to what art can mean to each type and why they follow it, than whether or not a certain type would be more inclined to it than others. From what I see, art can mean different things to different individuals. Am I making any sense

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
"Good artist create. Great artist steal." says ISTP :D