• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've been studying Typology for nearly 4 years..and still dont know my type..

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Why do you continue with the same assertions over and over again? Do you have anybody to cite except yourself?

Why would I change an "assertion" that's correct? Is there an assertion in particular in my previous post that you think is incorrect?

And my TC posts, as I think you know, include lots of Jung quotes, Myers quotes, cites to other articles and studies — e.g., by James Reynierse and Robert Harvey, to name two guys I cite quite a lot (including in posts linked to in this thread). So I don't know why you'd ask me if I had anybody to cite except myself other than that you just like indulging your own argumentativaciousness.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would I change an "assertion" that's correct? Is there an assertion in particular in my previous post that you think is incorrect?

And my TC posts, as I think you know, include lots of Jung quotes, Myers quotes, cites to other articles and studies — e.g., by James Reynierse and Robert Harvey, to name two guys I cite quite a lot (including in posts linked to in this thread). So I don't know why you'd ask me if I had anybody to cite except myself other than that you just like indulging your own argumentativaciousness.

Where are these quotes?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

At least I'm trying to help him figure out his type :dry:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know it's going to be INFP. It's always INFP.

I'm not saying the test is perfect but the results would seem to make that seem unlikely.

Shaedow

Yes, I know it seems odd.. "How can you study something so long and not know your type?" Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue. I've been typed by..people..tests..friends...but nothing really seems right. There is a lot of vague info imo. Many meanings can be interpreted by a function's display. I've scored many types on tests. Every NT and ST type has been scored on tests. Others have typed me more specifically as the NT and STP types. But I get a LOT of mixed answers and perceptions. So..with this long and useless intro out of the way, my question is: Is there any way to truly determine my dominant and auxilary functions? How did you do it? I'm ready to know my type for sure. I'm tired of being confused. After studying Jung and all the branches of his work I'm still at a loss.. Care to help me out?

I think to a degree discard what people have typed you as. Are they experts? How well do they know the theory? How often are they correct? How well do they really know you?
The other aspect, everyone has their own perception. This also means how they interpret what you say, or your meaning, is going to be different between typers. This can be more a reflection of the typer than you.

I also think young age can make it more difficult to type oneself. The brain is changing and developing right up to early - mid 20s. Even after that point the brain is still malleable and through different techniques able to change. If this is a factor perhaps with time your type will become more clear?

Also are you moving through a transition period in life? In a stressful environment? Have to be a certain way to fit in, or to avoid friction, to do a job against your grain, having people around you influencing your character? All these aspects can show on an mbti tests giving a middle preference.

Or maybe you are just in between types, best of both worlds :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think to a degree discard what people have typed you as. Are they experts? How well do they know the theory? How often are they correct? How well do they really know you?
The other aspect, everyone has their own perception. This also means how they interpret what you say, or your meaning, is going to be different between typers. This can be more a reflection of the typer than you.

I also think young age can make it more difficult to type oneself. The brain is changing and developing right up to early - mid 20s. Even after that point the brain is still malleable and through different techniques able to change. If this is a factor perhaps with time your type will become more clear?

Also are you moving through a transition period in life? In a stressful environment? Have to be a certain way to fit in, or to avoid friction, to do a job against your grain, having people around you influencing your character? All these aspects can show on an mbti tests giving a middle preference.

Or maybe you are just in between types, best of both worlds :p

Or worst.