User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Ne vs. Ni Imagination

This is partly inspired by the thread that is examining the entire differences between the two intuitive functions. As a specific feature of these functions, it could be interesting to hear what people's imaginations are like. The questions are open-ended because there are no assumptions going into this. I look forward to hearing your responses!

Do you use Ne or Ni?

Describe your imagination!

Whoo-hoo!

(edit: I tagged a few people who I have interacted with recently, but I hope everyone will join in!)
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Describing my imagination would be inappropriate for the forum.

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    Lmfao Hahaha I umm... Can totally relate. I may reveal a little bit of that inappropriateness in the name of valued discussion here
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not 100% sure if I'm Ne or Ni, so this post won't help in making sense of that, but I'll go first so that crazy has already happened. The impressions I get I don't exactly know what to make of them, so it isn't something I work on creating, although I have daydreamed intentionally as well. For an example of the spontaneous impressions, I don't "believe" in past lives, but I get impressions and memories just the same. I realize these could be metaphors like dreams, random ideas, or maybe there is more to reality than we think of rationally. I don't necessarily need to know what it means.

I remember being a little person in a circus who used a crystal ball, had helper monkeys, and admired the acrobats knowing I could never perform those stunts. I have this feeling I'm going to find my crystal ball again someday.

I also remember being a harpist in the early 1900s, being fairly affluent and in a romantic relationship with a racecar driver.

Once I was looking up at the sky relaxing at a cabin with a friend when suddenly I had this impression like a shock that someone from the future was looking back at me. I know its crazy, but what the hell is that? Why would such an idea even happen? Just random-imagination-happenstance? A metaphor for something internal?

Sometimes when sitting in public like a restaurant, and letting my mind lose focus, I start to see the entire emotional range of people who walk by. I see their facial expression and body movement for when they are angry, joyful, sad, etc. I get strong impressions that they are passive-aggressive, or act out, etc. Of course there is no way to verify it, so it is what it is.
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    496 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

It's very consuming, for me. I let it swim and it takes my entire body, my world, my very existence. I get to somehow move my body on autopilot as my mind does it's thing, and it seems to be triggered by almost everything. The physical reality around me, the sounds I hear, the way people look, what I saw in a movie last night, where I am going in the future. I use it for problem solving, for fun, and to push myself to accept other realities that may feel strange or even uncomfortable, but otherwise aiding my self growth to become a better person. I love letting it loose especially when I listen to music. I like to use it to time travel, to figure out someone's intention, and to get away from a very tiring situation.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Lmfao Hahaha I umm... Can totally relate. I may reveal a little bit of that inappropriateness in the name of valued discussion here
    Could you describe if the imaginative ideas are ones you create on purpose, if they just come to you, if they are structured, elaborate, and interconnected, or fragmentary bits? Do they relate at all to the external world as extensions of it like the facial expression thing I get, or is it a completely internally created cartoon? Stuff like that helps even if the content is too

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

I use Ni pretty far down in my stacking. This is an interesting question. I'm not sure I can even describe what my imagination is like because it's not something I consciously think about, nor do I enter into a place of self-awareness where I think "Oh, I'm using my imagination right now." The way my thought process functions doesn't even really feel like imagination. Even when I am imagining, there is a goal in mind (like to know the personality/life of a character I'm playing) and the process feels analytical. It's deduction or induction based (or some form of duction).

Not sure what kind of answer this is really, over than inadequate.
    Likes Ravenetta, cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Ni is automatic and present for me. I am reacted upon the external object and taken where I need to go. (it's a subjective function, dislike it when people say that Ni is objective, it isn't.) My Ni is something that constantly needs to be attuned by Fe and Ti and Se lest it gets out of reality.

I thank this function for without it, I wouldn't go through the rapid bouts of maturity without it. I see it as a function that can see the irony of things from a detached perspective. Hence why I laugh about many things people don't think are funny, some may even find it awful.

It brings me a sense of joy and wonder to know, that life is just a journey. That's really where my imagination stems from.
    No time is ever wasted.
    Likes Ravenetta, geedoenfj, Luv Deluxe liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    Could you describe if the imaginative ideas are ones you create on purpose, if they just come to you, if they are structured, elaborate, and interconnected, or fragmentary bits? Do they relate at all to the external world as extensions of it like the facial expression thing I get, or is it a completely internally created cartoon? Stuff like that helps even if the content is too
    My imagination is more like an extrapolation of reality. It's a 'modified' reality but doesn't completely detach itself from the real world. I'm more science fiction than pure fantasy if that makes sense. Pure fantasy is like magic and proposes imaginary things are virtually impossible to ever formulate or exist in reality while Sci-Fi imagines up things that can technically be possible in some (often future) reality.
    Likes CitizenErased, Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if I'm Ne or Ni, so this post won't help in making sense of that, but I'll go first so that crazy has already happened. The impressions I get I don't exactly know what to make of them, so it isn't something I work on creating, although I have daydreamed intentionally as well. For an example of the spontaneous impressions, I don't "believe" in past lives, but I get impressions and memories just the same. I realize these could be metaphors like dreams, random ideas, or maybe there is more to reality than we think of rationally. I don't necessarily need to know what it means.

I remember being a little person in a circus who used a crystal ball, had helper monkeys, and admired the acrobats knowing I could never perform those stunts. I have this feeling I'm going to find my crystal ball again someday.

I also remember being a harpist in the early 1900s, being fairly affluent and in a romantic relationship with a racecar driver.

Once I was looking up at the sky relaxing at a cabin with a friend when suddenly I had this impression like a shock that someone from the future was looking back at me. I know its crazy, but what the hell is that? Why would such an idea even happen? Just random-imagination-happenstance? A metaphor for something internal?

Sometimes when sitting in public like a restaurant, and letting my mind lose focus, I start to see the entire emotional range of people who walk by. I see their facial expression and body movement for when they are angry, joyful, sad, etc. I get strong impressions that they are passive-aggressive, or act out, etc. Of course there is no way to verify it, so it is what it is.
    Wow you really pay attention to the detail in your imagination. I don't really do this. Maybe that's just a 'me' and 'you' thing but maybe it's Ne and Ni related. Based on your posts so far and the fact I know virtually nothing about you I'd say you're probably an Ni dom.
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post