• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Carl Jung describes Ni

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Here: https://www.typologycentral.com/for...-root-defintions-functions-5.html#post3132905 I had proposed single one word terms for the functional perspectives, and while for Ni, "forbodance" (a partly made up word) might come off as too potentially negative, perhaps a better term would be "hunchery" (also partly made up, as it only seems to be associated with a Doobie Bothers song). As I've said, it's not just about "foreseeing" the future.

Hunch is good because it also covers things like hypotheses about a theory.

I would say that the overall quality of Ni is something like "idea conjuring", in that an idea surfaces into consciousness, and this could be a theory, an imaginary scene, an explanation of something, and so on.

This can happen passively, by ideas just coming to mind as you're doing something else, or actively by intentional effort to bring a relevant idea to the forefront.