• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The MBTI is a Joke!

What did you think of my post?

• Loved it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liked it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters

Mole

Permabanned
well, there are a few oddities that a bit too obsessed with it, that they can see Hitler in themselves just because he was supposedly their MBTI type...

Actually mbti is a lot closer to the Führer than you think, because Carl Jung, who wrote Psychological Types, took his orders from Reichmarshall Hermann Goering, second only to Hitler in political decision-making and shaping Nazi values and ideas.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Found in a Facebook MBTI forum:

"Well its a joke, but mainly the people interested in it are the outcasts, the people who prefer things that don't add up to normal society."

Could this be true? Is an MBTI forum a joke and are the people interested in social outcasts?

Do you agree with that statement? Do you think that people who play computer games, read comic books, go to Comic Con, watch Japanese animation, read vampire novels, or any other so called obscure interest, are always going to point to them being social outcasts?

People are always going to say something negative about the hobbies of other people. Even the ever popular mobile game 'Pokemon Go!' has attracted very negative and spiteful comments despite it's huge success with people across the age groups.

Mole

Permabanned
Do you agree with that statement? Do you think that people who play computer games, read comic books, go to Comic Con, watch Japanese animation, read vampire novels, or any other so called obscure interest, are always going to point to them being social outcasts?

People are always going to say something negative about the hobbies of other people. Even the ever popular mobile game 'Pokemon Go!' has attracted very negative and spiteful comments despite it's huge success with people across the age groups.

Birdwatchers and Train Spotters seem to be oblivious to their social ineptness.

David Brent of the Office UK has a hobby as a rock star and yet his social ineptness is something to behold -

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Actually mbti is a lot closer to the Führer than you think, because Carl Jung, who wrote Psychological Types, took his orders from Reichmarshall Hermann Goering, second only to Hitler in political decision-making and shaping Nazi values and ideas.

To whom it may concern:

Mole has been making these same allegations about Jung's cooperation with the Nazis for a long time, and I've called him out — and pointed him to sources that correct him — more than once. (More in this post and the posts it links to.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I know one person on this forum who wants to use typology to improve their leadership skills. But for the most part, from what I've seen, typology is used to build a wall between the self and other people. "Analysis kills spontaneity. The grain once ground into flour springs and germinates no more." And it's an excuse not to work on oneself. But that doesn't necessarily make anybody a social outcast. They may be social clods.

Mole

Permabanned
To whom it may concern:

Mole has been making these same allegations about Jung's cooperation with the Nazis for a long time, and I've called him out — and pointed him to sources that correct him — more than once. (More in this post and the posts it links to.)

I do understand you wish to deny the provenance of mbti. If we identify with mbti, naturally we want to think the best of its founder, just as we want to think the best of our parents.

And Carl Jung is a New Age guru, and we want to think the best of him. Carl Jung's followers took advantage of this naive wish, and kept Carl Jung's diary in a locked safe for about 70 years.

We have been treated like mushrooms for so long, that it has become taken for granted.

Mole

Permabanned
I know one person on this forum who wants to use typology to improve their leadership skills. But for the most part, from what I've seen, typology is used to build a wall between the self and other people. "Analysis kills spontaneity. The grain once ground into flour springs and germinates no more." And it's an excuse not to work on oneself. But that doesn't necessarily make anybody a social outcast. They may be social clods.

Yes, if spontaneity has been ground out of us like ground flour in our school system, in our corporations, spontaneity can germinate no more, so we have no alternative but to accept a substitute for spontaneity in types.

We are spontaneous when we are comfortable in our own skin, but mbti turns us wooden.

Cowardly

deactivated
To whom it may concern:

After all this time, you should have learned that it is best to just let him do your thinking for you.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you agree with that statement? Do you think that people who play computer games, read comic books, go to Comic Con, watch Japanese animation, read vampire novels, or any other so called obscure interest, are always going to point to them being social outcasts? People are always going to say something negative about the hobbies of other people. Even the ever popular mobile game 'Pokemon Go!' has attracted very negative and spiteful comments despite it's huge success with people across the age groups.
Extremists are made fun of. Secure in self goes farther then MBTI ever will.

On a side note i came on here to understand one person. No big issues with anyone else, just minor stuff i workout with those people individually. I know self and what i question others confirm i trust.

Jaguar

The Führer shit. :happy2: Recycle that comedy.

Lark

And I thought that Parks and Recreation would be the only thing making me laugh tonight

Mole

Permabanned
And I thought that Parks and Recreation would be the only thing making me laugh tonight

It is interesting that we don't want to know whose side Carl Jung was on during WW II.

It is a similar situation to that of Ezra Pound, the American traitor in WW II. They did not want bring Ezra Pound before the Nuremberg Tribunal so, although Pound was completely sane, they put him for safe keeping in a mental asylum, and after a while let him go.

And quite similar to the situation of the Emperor of Japan, Hirohito, a war criminal. And although the Australians wanted to bring Hirohito before the War Crimes Tribunal, the Americans did a deal with this war criminal, in that Hirohito would support the American occupation of Japan, if the Americans left him on the throne.