• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Introverted Perception: Fixated

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find the first much harder to manage than the second. Specifically, I often wonder in what way my vision is impacting my view of the past, and how I can correct for it.

Yeah man. The Ni memory struggle is real.

It's why I mentioned how impressed I was when I spoke to an NFP about how their process for reconciling new information with whatever their existing experience and belief system might be. The cost for them is that they're much more resistant to significant change than we are, and definitely more so than SPs.

In that way, it's a trade off. I can persist in the face of significant stress while I'm pursuing a goal, but I'm effectively on borrowed time. If I'm not diligent on self-care, then things start to get weird. So I can navigate the external world a lot more readily, even if internally I'm kind of a mess. NFPs seem to manage an impressive degree of internal coherence, even if they don't always have their lives together in an objective sense.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The past always informs the future, if only in repeated demonstrations of human nature. What both historic and future events have in common is that they will be enacted by people. In any case, it is incorrect to discount history as a subject simply because it has been infused with propaganda in your experience (and probably many others' as well). That would be like discounting science as a subject because of the influence of someone like Lysenko.

To finally answer.

I am not sure that you understand how it is like to have completely messed up/unclear history. The problem is that if propaganda stays in collective conscience and documentation is destroyed in wars and sabotages then there is no history, since on academic level you can't define it. You perhaps would not believe me but in my country people still can't settle the question did we lost or won WW2 and when you take a look at what is known then it really isn't clear what is the right answer.

What I am saying is that in some cases it is better to just leave history alone and focus more on the future since nothing constructive will come out of your local history. For example my history is pretty much everything we here don't want to be our future. While the history litterally rifts the society and prevents better future because political figures live our of manipulation of past that is generally undefined and it will probably stay that way. We literally had 100 years of horror simply because each system was "protecting" people from the boogeyman of the previous one. (and now we have the same problem with democratic governments) I am simply saying that sometimes you simply need "reset" for the sake of progress/sanity. Silly example: right now on my local university there is currently war over ideological topics from the past and because of that some educational structures are in blocade: students vs students, collapse of protocol/order, professors staying at home or rebelling, new academic year is under question, university hierarchy removes dean and pushes him into retirement, ... chaos.

For me this is very practical question/issue while for you it is probably much more abstract. Therefore I am not sure if we will ever have full agreement here. :)