• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rarest female type?

What is in your personal (real-life) experience the rarest female type(s)?

• Total voters

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've met a few ESTJ women, and they shared one interesting characteristic which I think is a symptom of being female ESTJ: They are both exaggeratedly femme. I think it's compensation.

Just to be contrarian :D the ESTJ women I know are in no way femme. More like tomboys actually.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The three ESTJ women I knew were all in "managerial" position of some sort, they liked wielding power. They were all very personable and civil in one-to-one interaction... but I also tried to never cross them in any way because they were very cutthroat and strong-willed. When I had to deal with them, I just made sure to stick to facts and impersonal logic and be pragmatic about my solutions ... and they responded well to that. They liked it when people were very upfront with them.

One was sort of tomboyish, one was very elegant (rather like the Ice Queen -- coldly beautiful), and one was very effeminate in appearance ... but very assertive and blunt.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
The ESTJ women I met were professionally managers, but I met them in different environments--where they were peers or followers of their nemesis, the INTP Gen-Xer. (INFP would be their arch-nemesis, of course.)

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've met a few ESTJ women, and they shared one interesting characteristic which I think is a symptom of being female ESTJ: They are both exaggeratedly femme. I think it's compensation.

Hmmm, the two I know aren't - not the exact opposite, but not overly so, to say the least.

I have to ask the thread in general - how many have been told what type they are from the formal test... and how much is guessed? Of the group that was tested, I'm still only right about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time now... and that's after a decade of trying to apply the theory. It was lower even a couple of year ago.

(I can't comment on type, since I'd just be using the statistics, even if they were more local.)

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Everyone I talk about as being a type will have admitted to being that type. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to ask the thread in general - how many have been told what type they are from the formal test... and how much is guessed?

Anyone I bring up here had their type stamped on their back right butt cheek (along with the patent number).

Easy as cake(!).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone I bring up here had their type stamped on their back right butt cheek (along with the patent number).

Easy as cake(!).

I got mine burned on my arm when I went to camp...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah...my standards are soooo high. :dry:

Heh, I meant because you are a pro anyway :p

What I'm saying is that one of the down sides to type is the tendency to project type onto someone - very rarely are they formally tested. That makes up to three large gaps... The guesser projects traits (and even if he/she asks, often will lead the person to an answer; The target has taken only a net test, which is rarely even close to a MBTI test (G or M); The guesser never actually asks, just assumes he/she is correct.

So when asking, "what is the rarest type you have met?" it is likely that you'll trend away from the types that are similar to yourself. This is because we will say they are "not like us" or "like us"... For example, Jennifer's comments on "All Ss", except for a couple of Ns that have stereotyped positions. If you look at his breakdown, you'll note that the total amount of NTs are 1 out of 26. And 5/100+ for both genders. Course, this is prone to natural selection and bias... But in both cases, it should be several times larger - a large deviation.

In my case, I don't find them all that rare. Not statistically rare, anyway, which is what I'm seeing here.

I suspect heavy bias due to localized culture is responsible (Jennifer, I know, comes from a more... traditional Christian backdrop... which should, in theory, emulate SFJ - caring - and NF - value systems, which it does.)

Usehername

On a mission
As an INTJ female, I think I have disproportionately put myself into places to find some of the more rare types. For instance... I know I am lucky, but I know TWO OTHER INTJ females.
One of them is a dear friend who I unfortunately live very far away from and the other was my favorite prof at university. (Biochemistry dept.)

I have a female INTP friend. I've never met an ENTX female (or at least typed one).

I also have actually had over half of these people tested (i was tested in a large group of friends, and i convinced a few to test on humanmetrics).

To Sum:
INTJ = 2 + me
INTP = 1
ENTJ = 0
ENTP = 0

INFJ = 0 (I wish I knew what these looked like better; I haven't found one yet!)
INFP = 1
ENFJ = 4 or 5
ENFP = 1

ISTJ = 2
ISFJ = 4
ESTJ = 1
ESFJ = 4

ISTP = 0 (i just don't nkow this type well enough to type them, i think)
ISFP = 0 (same)
ESTP = 2
ESFP = 4

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suspect heavy bias due to localized culture is responsible (Jennifer, I know, comes from a more... traditional Christian backdrop... which should, in theory, emulate SFJ - caring - and NF - value systems, which it does.)

Yes, that's exactly it. Many of the relationships come either from a church setting, or from relationships established by my S wife with her coworkers (who I have then become friends with), or my workplace (which is heavily S in nature).

Most of the NFs were women I met in spiritual settings over the years as well -- and I meet many more NF women than NT women in those settings.

So that is the obvious bias there for me. The only place I've met so many NTs is here online, but those are not "face to face" in-person meetings, so I can't include them in my list.

usehername said:
ISTP = 0 (i just don't nkow this type well enough to type them, i think)

The one that I have met, I recognized because she was very much like me (laid-back, low-key, fun, sensible, a bit emotionally detached) but instinctively was more into tangible activities compared to my abstract pastimes. She still came across very much as female, but physically active and task-competent.

In appearance, she had longer hair, for example, but usually wore it back in a ponytail rather than wasting time styling it, and she didn't really wear makeup except for the bare essentials (if that). Even when she wore a dress and actually looked very "pretty" (in a natural way), she didn't come off as "foo-foo" -- it wouldn't have surprised anyone to see her throw a football or run a sprint wearing a sundress. Anyway, we enjoyed each other's company; she just tended towards the pragmatic and I tended towards the esoteric.

INFJ = 0 (I wish I knew what these looked like better; I haven't found one yet!)

Probably the "easiest" way is to think of them acting outwardly as ISFJs, but they seem much more mysterious or far-seeing in the implications of actions and behavior and what not.

Both ISFJ and INFJ share the Fe as a secondary function, so in many ways they will both look similar. But ISFJs do not seem to have much mystery surrounding them, tend to go by the book, are pretty much What You See Is What You Get, their needs seem very obvious, they are happy with status quo usually. INFJs have this underlying current that is harder to read, and they interact more deeply, seeing past the surface details that an ISFJ is often hung up on.

INFJs are much less about status quo, even though they have very set personal standards and definitely have opinions on matters. They can see the benefits of many different viewpoints, though (ISFJ tends to get stuck in their own). And even why they are very practical, they often can exude an unexpected silly/imaginative/quirky side if they let it come out.

I don't know, maybe Cafe can explain it better. These are just ways I recognize them myself... I just know as soon as I start talking to an INFJ that she is NOT an ISFJ... it's very very clear to me, the level of conversation is much different.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Usehername:you have met as many or more ENFJs then ESFJs? Where are you meeting them? I have only met one other ENFJ that I am aware of. Actually I would like to know where you all are meeting N's in general so I can go there!

*EDIT:if it's at Star trek conventions you can count me out....just thought I would add that ;)*

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Within my circles, INTP women are relatively common, at about twice the frequency of INTJ women, but in the general population, all NT women, especially the introverted ones, seem to be exceptionally rare. Of course, males of the same types outnumber females by about 3 to 1.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted ENTJ because that seems the least likely in the general population, though I know several because I tend to drift towards them.

As far as females I know (mostly guesses):

Friends: IXTJ (leaning towards S I think, but not sure), ESXP

Acquaintances:
ISFJ
ESFJ x3
INFP x2
ENFP x2
INFJ
INTJ (maybe)
IXTJ (leaning towards N)
ENTJ
ENTX
ESTJ
Also 3 or 4 STs on my various sports teams, I think. Don't know them well enough to tell J/P or I/E really.

Overall, probably 60% F, maybe 50% I/E, 75% N (this may be biased though because most of the people I intensely dislike and avoid seem to be SFs, especially SFJs), 75% J

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The one that I have met, I recognized because she was very much like me (laid-back, low-key, fun, sensible, a bit emotionally detached) but instinctively was more into tangible activities compared to my abstract pastimes. She still came across very much as female, but physically active and task-competent.

Is there usually an easily noticeable difference between ISTPs and INTPs? I know they're both Introverted Thinkers, but the different extroverted auxiliary functions, I assume would make them seem quite different.

The stereotypes, I always assumed, were that ISTPs were more interested in fixing mechanical things and such while INTPs had more geeky interests and that ISTPs appeared more "sporty" while INTPs appeared more "nerdy."

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

In appearance, she had longer hair, for example, but usually wore it back in a ponytail rather than wasting time styling it, and she didn't really wear makeup except for the bare essentials (if that). Even when she wore a dress and actually looked very "pretty" (in a natural way), she didn't come off as "foo-foo" -- it wouldn't have surprised anyone to see her throw a football or run a sprint wearing a sundress. Anyway, we enjoyed each other's company; she just tended towards the pragmatic and I tended towards the esoteric.
You know, this would describe me exactly *starts another cycle of doubting type* Or maybe some INTP girls act like that, too...maybe?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there usually an easily noticeable difference between ISTPs and INTPs? I know they're both Introverted Thinkers, but the different extroverted auxiliary functions, I assume would make them seem quite different.

The stereotypes, I always assumed, were that ISTPs were more interested in fixing mechanical things and such while INTPs had more geeky interests and that ISTPs appeared more "sporty" while INTPs appeared more "nerdy."

"Sporty" and "nerdy" aren't quite the professional-level jargon :) but that's SORT of the idea.

For example, I would make Monty Python references and she would laugh, because she "got them" and found them humorous, but she would have never really watched the show or made the jokes herself. MPFC is more an intellectual/esoteric thing. She preferred hands-on activities instead, if she had the choice. And even though I don't think she was on any teams, you would have thought her "athletic" just by how she approached situations and carried herself.... even though at the same time you got the idea she was very bright intellectually, based on how articulate she was.

The male ISTP I knew was very very quiet and seemed to think very deeply... but for work, he enjoyed hands-on things (for example, he drove a forklift for awhile), and the "ideas" he focused on were ones of practical value (he knew a lot about Marxism, for example, and Communism... he was less interested in the abstract philosophy and more interested in theories that had real impact and basis in observable systems). I wanted to discuss the ideas themselves, he wanted to discuss only things with that sort of pragmatic value.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always tended to think that INTPs are sort of hermit-like because they're more cerebral and probably perceived not only as quiet, but also eccentric, while an ISTP, despite an Introverted preference, would have less trouble with sociability because of a Sensing preference that is tuned into the physical world and inclined to a more mainstream way of thinking.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always tended to think that INTPs are sort of hermit-like because they're more cerebral and probably perceived not only as quiet, but also eccentric, while an ISTP, despite an Introverted preference, would have less trouble with sociability because of a Sensing preference that is tuned into the physical world and inclined to a more mainstream way of thinking.

That seems to be a logical conclusion. ISTPs can still be reclusive if their I is very high (and they still feel like "people interfere" too much or are not logical and thus get in their way of doing what they want); but the Sensing preference really gives them a firm connection to the majority of the world. SJs can at least puzzle them out.