• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Functions you find annoying?

Enneagram
9w1
I have this thing where whatever function is most present in my life at the time, I feel annoyed towards, and I greatly appreciate its opposite way more, though some functions have more positive/negative natural bias than others.

At this moment I very much dislike ExTps and Fe types.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have this thing where whatever function is most present in my life at the time, I feel annoyed towards, and I greatly appreciate its opposite way more, though some functions have more positive/negative natural bias than others.

At this moment I very much dislike ExTps and Fe types.

No you don't. ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if this is a Si trait or not, but I grow weary of people who have very specific, detailed, inflexible, concrete needs. They have to use one specific type of salt, or the sheets have to have a a high thread count and made only of cotton, you cannot use fabric softener unless it has some specific ingredient, and only cheese made by one company is edible. When many people are together there seems to always be a clash of all these specific requirements, and one day my brain will literally explode. I call it the "Princess and the Pea Syndrome" and it's everywhere.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure if this is a Si trait or not, but I grow weary of people who have very specific, detailed, inflexible, concrete needs. They have to use one specific type of salt, or the sheets have to have a a high thread count and made only of cotton, you cannot use fabric softener unless it has some specific ingredient, and only cheese made by one company is edible. When many people are together there seems to always be a clash of all these specific requirements, and one day my brain will literally explode. I call it the "Princess and the Pea Syndrome" and it's everywhere.

I agree, this can be draining to work with/around. It's super blatant/obvious in the food services industry / customer service.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree, this can be draining to work with/around. It's super blatant/obvious in the food services industry / customer service.
If I worked in customer service food industry, my head would explode, and then people would fight over which specific cleaner was needed to mop up the mess.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's why I can't ever play hostess... The anxiety of keeping track of everyone's food demands is too much.
I know a lot of people like this too, but most will provide their own needs and tell others not to be concerned. It is a downer to not be able to share anything though (ie can't ever bake for them) or to have people bringing their special foods to a restaurant or refraining from eating at all.

I don't think it is Si, or at least, most SJs I know are pretty flexible about that stuff (part of their common "down to earth" identity & tendency to want to cooperate). I don't know if it is any function. It possibly it may be sx-last and sp-first people in enneagram. Even then I am not sure...I personally have encountered it most with ESxPs and NJs, personally, but not all of them. With NJs it seems like inferior Se issues. I don't know what is going on with the ESxPs.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't hate a function...
I can "hate" how it manifests in some people. I pretty much can find a reason to hate on each function, then :D .
More often than not, with a certain type, it is their inferior coming out in a distorted manner that is annoying.
For example, with Te types, I dislike inferior Fi making them moralize everything, act self-righteous (they may act like everyone else is soooo immature, irresponsible, morally repugnant, etc), and judge things under the guise of objectivity but really imposing personal preferences as "right" (ie they prefer a certain style of dress - this is now the "appropriate" attire for something, and they will make some "rational" argument to back it up).

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can't hate a function...
I can "hate" how it manifests in some people. I pretty much can find a reason to hate on each function, then :D .
More often than not, with a certain type, it is their inferior coming out in a distorted manner that is annoying.
For example, with Te types, I dislike inferior Fi making them moralize everything, act self-righteous (they may act like everyone else is soooo immature, irresponsible, morally repugnant, etc), and judge things under the guise of objectivity but really imposing personal preferences as "right" (ie they prefer a certain style of dress - this is now the "appropriate" attire for something, and they will make some "rational" argument to back it up).

Ohh yes, all the above sounds VERY familiar. Dad is ENTJ... Yup, that can be him at times.

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp
Inferior Fe, dominant Fi, Unhealthy Ti or Te in any spot on a function stack, and inferior Se.

Inferior Fe because oh my god, IxTPs (though, specifically speaking on personal experiences with INTPs) don't know when to get over themselves. We get it, you're asocial and you are thoroughly convinced that you are better than us because you alienated yourself. It's like having a friend walk up to your conversation, interrupting it to say "I can't join this because I am too different." Like, okay?? Or, a better way to explain it is:
tumblr_mzrg0iI4oo1si4awpo1_400.gif

That gif is hilarious. :D

Draconic

MBTI Type
Ayyy
Hmm...
I don't really hate a particular function since they all have a positive role to play in someone even if the function is inferior. Although I'm curious as to how the functions play a role if the person is a highly insecure version of their own type. I know some people that have dealt with depressive moments of self hatred and various internal conflicts that have impacted relationships with others. As an ISFJ I think the Si Fe gets thrown into a loop of comparing small details about themselves with others and then I think the Ne kicks in with "I'll never be good enough for this or that and- who cares my dreams are gonna die anyway". And then Ti works with Si of over-analyzation of the small details and it ends in this whole mess that doesn't go anywhere. And that's pretty annoying. I know another possible ISFJ that has the same issues.

skippythecat

Enneagram
9w1
Fi paired with Ne/Se. ExFP and IxFP. While I appreciate their insights to life, I seem to get a lot of morale-police vibe from them. I don't like to be accused of "emotional dishonest". I love them but frustrating.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've been seeing a trend occur within Ni/Se types, in that they seem to be too "superficial" for me at times. Can't fault them though since their intuition is literally pulling from the superficial. But it can annoy me when judgements or perceptions are placed on people because of what they may wear, or how they act, or this or that, rather than seeing the person as an individual, much deeper than that.

It may not be true, but it's something I've definitely been picking up on lately with types that have this function duo, and with Se supporting their Ni. I wonder if the same can be said when Ni supports Se...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When any judging function gets too aggressive and carried away, it can be a bummer. Je aggressiveness is about controlling what you do and Ji aggressiveness is about controlling what you think.

When Te/Fe goes rogue
newgodzillajapandetails.jpg

When Ti/Fi goes rogue
Clockwork'71.jpg