• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi, Why Are You So Dependent On Others?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Re: Neurotic Fe - you're working from stereotypes of Jungian functions while at the same time dropping the context of what I mean by "dependent" as people who need other people to serve them. The context, which answers the question "dependent upon whom and for what?" in the case of neurotic Fi, is the need to be liked, to feel affiliated with a small group or with a person, to obtain merger with that small group or a individual.

To serve someone can be physical or emotional, and you've neglected to specify which one you mean. That's how it becomes possible for you to turn a conversation your direction.

Until a mod says otherwise, this is my thread, not yours.

As I already mentioned, you are using the wrong system here. Look at the enneagram. Generalization of what you are trying to describe does not parse to thinking patterns.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I already mentioned, you are using the wrong system here. Look at the enneagram. Generalization of what you are trying to describe does not parse to thinking patterns.

What does "parse to thinking patterns" mean?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
14040170_1168041163258374_8581827661384176794_n_zpsgdarkqtp.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like Fi types, really I do. I like the way they defy all explanation. For example, claiming to be independent people on this forum, but in the INFP facebook group I see a lot of threads about being dependent.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, Mal, which xNFP broke your heart? :cry:

Tater

Over the years I've read a lot of complaints about terrible Si types and those horrible INTJs, but those criticisms are usually being leveled by Fi types who have their own evil tendencies.

You seem to be soooo independent, but you're not. You only think you are. At one point in your life you truly were independent, your values were set and stable; but then you lost confidence in them, in yourself. And now it's gone and you don't want it to be that way. So you lead a life of subtle pretense which fools nobody but yourself. You need people yet you despise them at the same time because they make your neediness more obvious. And it's not just people in general, you need specific people to be reliant upon you and never leave, just as you rely on them to help dispel your feelings of abandonment. You curse them and cast them out, and then either come crawling back or manipulate them into taking you back. These shameless manipulations are a cover up for a deeper lie: you are a charlatan, an intellectual and emotional fraud without a single original idea to call your own. You would like to believe they are original to you, but you plagiarized them from someone else, usually one person who serves as the secret source. At best, you would call that person an influence; but "cause" is a better word for it. In other words, you are effect of someone else's reality, and have no individual existence to call your own.

No.