• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] How can I use Fe instead of Fi?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well yes, but I'm mostly interested in how to become more Fe.

Are you at all persuasive? Can you appeal the the 'intangibles' that people have but you can't quite pin down logically? Fe is all about manipulating the mood like changing a thermostat in a room to a desired temperature. It's a very active function and seeks to align people's sentiments (including your own) to a specific equilibrium.

If you don't feel any natural inclination to 'move people' then you probably have no Fe going and probably can't obtain it.

Myths Of Zephyr

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Because I'd like to be able to "move" people.

[MENTION=25403]ZNP-TBA[/MENTION]

Well there's a desire to "move people" but I don't know if there is any inclination. I might not have any Fe going on but perhaps there is a tiny chance I can obtain it. If I can't then I'll give up but I haven't tried to so I can't know for sure.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you at all persuasive? Can you appeal the the 'intangibles' that people have but you can't quite pin down logically? Fe is all about manipulating the mood like changing a thermostat in a room to a desired temperature. It's a very active function and seeks to align people's sentiments (including your own) to a specific equilibrium.

If you don't feel any natural inclination to 'move people' then you probably have no Fe going and probably can't obtain it.

FPs move the room by the power of embracing their Fi and holding true to their own values independent of the other people. It is very different than Fe but can be much more powerful, from my experience.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Well yes, but I'm mostly interested in how to become more Fe.

Fe does not = likable. Not necessarily anyway -- there are warm Fe users and cold ones too. Just as there are warm and cold Fi users.

What is it you want to be like? What qualities do you believe yourself lacking? What is it about moving people that you find compelling?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think Fi is binary? :wtf:

or Fi "appears" binary to him because it does the same thing he does. its just analog estimation and addition and not digital estimation and addition.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
FPs move the room by the power of embracing their Fi and holding true to their own values independent of the other people. It is very different than Fe but can be much more powerful, from my experience.

True. Fi always pulls it back to the individual (Fi's tend to be very moving in one on one interaction or writing a book that was authored in privacy). Fe doesn't draw it back to the individual but the 'cause' or something external (X) that Fe feels itself subject to as well as everyone else.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well there's a desire to "move people" but I don't know if there is any inclination. I might not have any Fe going on but perhaps there is a tiny chance I can obtain it. If I can't then I'll give up but I haven't tried to so I can't know for sure.

do you want to move people or a person? its like earning ISTJ or a person who happens to be ISTJ

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
True. Fi always pulls it back to the individual (Fi's tend to be very moving in one on one interaction or writing a book that was authored in privacy). Fe doesn't draw it back to the individual but the 'cause' or something external (X) that Fe feels itself subject to as well as everyone else.

Fi might say goodness comes from within. Fe might say goodness is something external that we must reach and obtain. Obviously that's not universal, just conjuring up a half-baked example here.

LOL I accidently quoted myself

Myths Of Zephyr

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Fe does not = likable. Not necessarily anyway -- there are warm Fe users and cold ones too. Just as there are warm and cold Fi users.

What is it you want to be like? What qualities do you believe yourself lacking? What is it about moving people that you find compelling?

Hmm.. good question. I don't particularly know why but it just seems very appealing. It might just be because I can't put it in words? Idk. I think it's because people say that Fe tends to have a presence in the room and personally I have zero. I guess I like being able to adjust to another person and almost lose myself in them (not completely of course). Perhaps it's compelling because there's a personal need to know that I can affect other people the way I want them to be affected. Also, that Fe mask or chameleon-like quality is pretty cool. It would be nice to be able to get along with just about anyone.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi might say goodness comes from within. Fe might say goodness is something external that we must reach and obtain. Obviously that's not universal, just conjuring up a half-baked example here.

and both are true.

this may be why an Fi can get stuck with an asshole who appears good "within" but externally they suck ass. if i could only bring it out of him. they dont realize that suck ass comes from within too and you have to work from the outside.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Both? I'm kind of confused as to what you mean.

to learn people you focus on trends, probability, typical, stereotypes, etc. it allows a quick way to throw people in buckets. its results are always mixed because no one matches eaxh bucket 100%. eventually you extend to everyone has a different bucket.

now the opposite is you learn a person and as you learn more you notice similarities. you can see the buckets within a person as opposed to the person in a bucket. eventually people are in buckets.

both can move "people", one deals with groups, and the other deals with people.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hmm.. good question. I don't particularly know why but it just seems very appealing. It might just be because I can't put it in words? Idk. I think it's because people say that Fe tends to have a presence in the room and personally I have zero. I guess I like being able to adjust to another person and almost lose myself in them (not completely of course). Perhaps it's compelling because there's a personal need to know that I can affect other people the way I want them to be affected. Also, that Fe mask or chameleon-like quality is pretty cool. It would be nice to be able to get along with just about anyone.

So basically you just want to fake presence? You either have that or you don't. And this....

Perhaps it's compelling because there's a personal need to know that I can affect other people the way I want them to be affected.

you should just start a church so you can manipulate people, tax free.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I am thinking of how my wife does public speaking versus how I do it.

I need very little prep work and just know what to say to an audience. I get loads of praise and am often told how powerful my words were and how eloquent I am, how mesmerizing a speaker I am, and maybe it is all true... I get very energized by the process.

My wife doesn't use eloquent language, she doesn't feel the audience and so forth. She embodies her message and people are moved profoundly. It is a very different thing than me. To me, she is like burning pillar of feelings that just is.

It drains her greatly, but it is absolutely amazing to see.

So, Fi can move people just as much as Fe, but an entirely different process.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20035]anticlimatic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

Guys calm down ._.. This is just a discussion. We can just express different ideas and see how it turns out. Anticlimatic's idea wasn't bad. It's true that if you use one function, without realizing it, you're probably going to be using it's opposing function as well. If the idea doesn't work out then it's fine. Also, I realize your argument was originally about how you can't exactly turn Fi into Ti but I think the discussion would be a lot more productive if we came up with an idea that will actually work out rather than trying to shoot down or stick to the original idea that was presented. Also, don't fight. You've both got good advice so play nice ^_^.

:rolleyes:
No one needs to calm down because no one is angry. Disagreement is healthy and normal in a discussion. It is not "fighting".

Also - if people get worked up about stuff - GOOD. Too much apathy and complacency out there. The very phrase "calm down" often has the oppsite effect anyway (because it's invalidating, for one).

Seriously, this post is disgustingly patronizing. I will happily exit your thread now and you leave you to dumb down discussion so everyone can hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

It's OK, we all talk to ourselves secretly. ;)

Myths Of Zephyr

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:rolleyes:
No one needs to calm down because no one is angry. Disagreement is healthy and normal in a discussion. It is not "fighting".

Also - if people get worked up about stuff - GOOD. Too much apathy and complacency out there. The very phrase "calm down" often has the oppsite effect anyway (because it's invalidating, for one).

Seriously, this post is disgustingly patronizing. I will happily exit your thread now and you leave you to dumb down discussion so everyone can hold hands and sing kumbaya.

o.o I wasn't aware I was being patronizing. Just from the tone of it I thought it got a bit angry. Hmm alright then. Bye.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You don't need Fe, you need to get in touch with your Te. Not be afraid of it.

This will help you implement Fi into tangible processes. Which in turn, influences.

You won't influence the same ways Fe does. Different flavors.

I think [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] said it sounded like you want to be liked. I agree. If so, that is another matter.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think what you're after is "using Fe". There are things you can do to help foster faster connections with other people, and there are things to help you understand people better (e.g. being a good listener). These are skills and not "Fe".

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm scared that I don't know what the cognitive functions even mean anymore.

That's because they've never meant anything in the first place. The functions were defined backwards based on how people with certain letter combinations behaved (SP for Se, NJ for Ni, and so on). But there's no way to know which behaviors are due to which specific functions, so everyone defines the functions differently.