• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you type different when you're feeling well and when not?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting question.

I suppose when I'm at my worst, my emotions turn off and I am not a very nice person to be around. I am even more quiet and reserved when I'm at my worst, and no longer care to take care of the people in my life. I just become selfish and very moody in general. I am no longer soft, nor vulnerable. I also just no longer listen to my heart or my head anymore, and just do things to forget everything; drinking, drugs, self harm, that sort of thing. I suppose a very screwed up INTP/ESTP/ISTP becomes my type when I'm at my worst. (PS: This is not to say that the three types I just named at all hard and uncaring types, its just what I think about when I think of MBTI types that are known to easily put their feelings aside to do what they must/want to do.)

At my best, INFJ, with an imaginative Ni and a strong, caring Fe to carry me through daily life. Hope I answered your question!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well.. I've felt fucked up when I've tested as INTP/INTJ, so those surely aren't my healthy types. Other people can be healthy testing like those, but not I.

ENTP/ENTJ is my area. I've felt fine testing/self-testing either of those. I've been myself testing as ENTP. More so testing as ENTJ. ENTP is so strong with me I often belive that's my true self. Well, if you accept true self for a while, it is. Then at other times I'm unsure if I got the J/P right. Well.

So, my ranking:
#1 ENTJ, healthiest
#2 ENTP, good for me. Often enough I believe I am of this time pretty often
#3 INTJ, if I'm this I have it bad
#4 INTP, if I have this, it's extra rare, very bad for me. Not more than once in 5 years

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I always type as this no matter how I'm feeling
I'm either a healthy ISFJ or an unhealthy ISFJ
a healthy 6 or an unhealthy 6
descriptions of my type both at its best and worst are agreeable for me

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
My type is up in the air right now. I do find when I am under stress or unhappy I tend to have higher I, T and J scores.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I always type INTP. What changes is my enneagram. In the Risso-Hudson test, which admits a max of 32 points for each enneatype, I score 29 for 5, 27 for 4 and 23 for 1 (the rest under 15, 2 with 0 points). When I feel depressed, e4 takes the first place. I mention the scores because when I feel fine the difference is not so much.

The difference "in action" is that when I feel five (fine), I tend to be more curious and more assertive regarding my (random) goals, and when I feel more four is when I sense I feel somewhat attacked by life, often summarized in the phrase "why does this happen to ME?"

Anyway, that's a slight difference, and I agree that I'm always a healthy/unhealthy 5 (I tend to withdraw and hoard things and pieces of knowledge until I feel I have what I need to go face the real world again). I'm always a healthy/unhealthy INTP (in my worst times I'm untraceable and let everything fall apart, including health).

I also think it depends on how mature you are and/or the needs you feel you have. In my early teens, when I felt sad I'd probably turn very Fe-ish. Later, when I felt like I was alone in the world to an extent that even a 100% introverted and shy person like me would find exasperating, I'd turn everything to 11, everything in excess: daydreaming, eating (or not eating), forcing myself to do things I later regretted intensely, etc etc etc. And now when I feel bad, I just withdraw from everything and everyone and, except for Fe (because I turn REALLY cold -more than I already am-), I feel my other 3 functions are enhanced: excessive analysis, excessive introversion and shyness, complete lack of control regarding organization, timetables.. very P-ish.

TheWebIWeave

MBTI Type
INTJ
I personally don't type differently when taking the MBTI online however, after a bitter breakup with my fiance of two years I moved back home defeted in love, to my old city to start a new job. During orientation at this job everyone took a free online MBTI personality test. My boss who is absolutely obsessed with typing all his employees was sure that I some how emotionally fudged the results of my MBTI and has pegged me a perceiver ever since. He also refuses to accept the fact that my Enneagram is not the heart type he originally guessed it to be. I tried to refute these misconceptions and explain how shadow functions can come into play after a person has had a major or devastating change in their life due to uncontrollable external events. Unfortunately any and all attempts at this has been shut down by the belief that all intuitive perceivers secretly want to be the special snowflake and will do anything to type as intuitive judgers.

If it was a Highschool AP psychology class I wouldn't care what he thought about perceivers trying to be special or not, but because MBTI is used in my work place to determine who gets career advancement opportunities being mistyped has got me all in a tizzy. I have been battling depression and lack self confidence over the last year since my engagement got called off and I had to move closer to my psrents. Constantly hearing I'm trying to be special or I'm envious of other types by an employer has not helped me balance my Fi shadow function any. It is because of this that I probably am coming off as a perceiver as I need this job to pay rent and pay my way through college. Asserting myself after being so severely mistyped can't happen haphazardly but must be carefully calculated and executed.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, for sure, I'm a feeler and my answers depend a lot of on how I feel, about my general state of mind, and my actual situation :whistling:

Anyway, if I feel stressed I generally do other things than taking tests on internet...

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Unfortunately any and all attempts at this has been shut down by the belief that all intuitive perceivers secretly want to be the special snowflake and will do anything to type as intuitive judgers.

What a douche.

MBTI is used in my work place to determine who gets career advancement opportunities being mistyped has got me all in a tizzy.

This sounds like a crappy arrangement. I don't think this is a legitimate use for MBTI. Are they too lazy to evaluate employees themselves?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My type doesn't change with my mood because I take a test with the mindset of 'how am I in general?' not just how am I 'right now?'

What does change though is my neuroticism or EQ score, for tests that measure those types of things. If I'm not feeling good, the neuroticism is likely to increase and the EQ to decrease.

Litsnob

Nope. I always test the same and that has been consistent over a decade and with a variety of tests. I do at times identify with the other IN types though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ambition and integration to e8 can push me into ENTJ zone without too much problem. I always test as NTJ.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I start testing ISTP when my headspace isn't the greatest. The implications of which terrify me.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On actual tests I almost always get INFP because of how crap sensing questions are. But this would be my ranking:

Healthiest: ISFP
Unhealthy: INFP
wtf is wrong with me someone help: INTP

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Tropic Thunder/Kirk Lazerus voice*

"Never go full ISTP."

:D

:laugh:

I mean, if I was going to be any type besides the one I am, it would be ISTP. What scares me is that if that's my "disintegration" type, I might be a closet ENFJ. :ninja:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have a simple "best" type lol. I type different for different reasons other than simple joy or sadness.

Like sadness cannot change if I perceive abstractly or concretely. Maybe a tiny effect on i/e factors but most of my joys that I had with people were in small groups or a single person.

T/f that's feelings dependent but it's not a simple +/-

I get more P if I am sad I guess though. Although angrily I'm more J.

Enneagram
9w1
I'm feeling like an INTP right now and im pretty feeling fucking feeling wonderful n good, but when Im sad im most likely an inhibited, emotionally numb yet melancholic INFP.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No... Not really. Sometimes I type as ENFJ, but that's just because I have anxiety and some tests rely heavily on questions like "Do you focus on the future or the present?" to determine S/N. I'm an obsessive planner, but definitely an ESFJ.