• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Ne-Si and Se-Ni as Aux and Tert functions

roxas_123

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi all :) Recently registered in the forum, and I've got a big doubt about Ne-Si and Se-Ni as tertiary functions. After a long time trying to identify my MBTI type, I'm 100% sure of my Dominant and Inferior functions, Fi and Te, making me an IXFP. The thing is that I cannot identify if I've got Ne-Si or Se-Ni. I've tried to read about how these work, and I'd like some opinions on my "thought process" to clarify this:

-I'm pretty sure I'm a Fi-Dom because always tend to "fight" others with collective beliefs, since I'm very philosophical and introspective. I can be seen as "the guy who almost could be completely alone for a long time and still be happy". I once described myself as someone who accepts that the crowd will never change, so I must change and become unique.

-I've also "identified" my Inferior Te as it appears when I'm under stress with a group of people, trying to make a decission, and then I get bossy, ordering others what to do. This can be seen as my highly competitive face. This doesn't mean I can't be competitive normally, because I am at the things I really like.

-Here come my doubts. After trying to identify my Auxiliar and Tertiary functions, there are times when I see Se-Ni, while others I see Ne-Si. I'll talk a little about myself so you people can judge. One of the most "clear" tendencies I've identified is that, since I was little, I have a lot of trouble finishing projects, like if they're stuck in my head until I give all I have to reach in that thing, and then suddenly forget it. I read in Funky MBTI in Fiction some time ago about how Dominant and Auxiliar functions develop in childhood, and the Fi-Dom/Ne-Aux description fitted that. I've never been a fan of physical activities until some time ago, when I started to go to the Gym as a healthy thing to do to lose weight. Then, when some time passed, I realised I loved certain sports like Martial Arts and Indoor Cycling. Also, I developed a certain love for Anime plastic models (mainly Gundam) as I've come to like to work with my hands direcly on it. This statement is what makes me doubt: It looks like I've started to see my Se-/Ni side now (I'm 20), but I was really aloof and "intuitive" when I was younger. A possibility would be that my Ni developed better/before my Se appeared. One thing that makes me think this is that I've always "known" how humanity would end, as a sure thing that could not be changed because of our nature. So maybe I'm an ISFP who's starting to see himself as one after some time, or maybe I'm a more detailed-oriented INFP with a late-developed taste for sports and hand crafts. Another thing that could help is my music taste. I like metal and electronic music. Mostly songs with really "brutal" and quick rythms (I'm a lover of extreme metal and its double pedal drums), because it makes me feel really good and helps mitigate some stress and release anger (like punching a dummy freely as you wish). Another think that makes me think I've got Ni over Ne is that I don't seek "many possibilities", but I always need depth in the things I enjoy, like "reaching the core or essence of something". One of my hobbies is writing, and I feel like every character could a main character. Everyone in my stories should have a lot of depth, and I don't particularly like making secondary one-note characters. They're only there to fill gaps.

So, what do you think?

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
[Let the record reflect that reckful waited over 48 hours before posting in this thread...]

Just so you know, those function axes you're using in your type analysis are based on a model — sometimes referred to as the Harold Grant function stack — that is inconsistent with Jung, inconsistent with Myers, and has never been endorsed by the official MBTI folks. More importantly, and unlike the respectable districts of the MBTI, that function stack has no substantial body of evidence behind it — and indeed, should probably be considered all but disproven at this point, given that the correlational patterns associated with it have stubbornly failed to show up in over 50 years of MBTI data pools.

Before you waste any more time wondering if you're an "Ne/Si" type or an "Ni/Se" type, you might want to take a look at this post.

A-a-and just in case that post (and the "bogosity of the tandems" post it links to) leaves you open to a more respectable (i.e., dichotomy-centric) perspective on your type, you can find a link to the official MBTI here, and 10 consecutive posts with further typing guidance starting here.

roxas_123

MBTI Type
IXFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the info provided. I've taken the official MBTI test and I scored ISFP, and after looking in the post you've put, I've been able to see the MBTI better. Really appreciate it :).

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
[MENTION=29060]roxas_123[/MENTION] I think you are right. You are an ISFP. I used to have a hobby of sculpting from a Plasticine in kindergarten. I used to play with action figure although it was much cheaper version than the gundam series. I used to play a toy keyboard instrument a song without vocalizing the lyrics from a local composer. I used to have a hobby in drawing, and origami. I used to do those hobbies in my leisure time after school. The difference is that I just began drawing and creating origami again just like what I used to do in the past recently. About martial arts, I remember that I used to practice kendo in university and I used to practice karate in my elementary school. Other type ESTP will be much better when it comes to martial arts. I swim also. I could beat an ESTP in swimming, may be because they smoke, and lack of training so they simply can't stand the breathing. I remember that others say : wasn't I tired yet? because he saw that I had been swim back and forth for a long distance and without breaks for such a long time.