• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I know Si is somewhere in my function stack, but I'm not sure exactly where.

jadves

Enneagram
I can point out the familiar almost everything, it seems as if there's a part of my mind which is almost unconsciously comparing everything to past experiences of similar things. Like my perception of things feels objective but is in fact a sum of my experiences around the any given object mixed with its external properties. If this were the end of the story, I would type myself as an Si-Dom, however I don't experience the fear of change and desire to stick to traditions that apparently come with Si-Doms. In fact, I get frustrated with people who do things impractically because to do anything else would be unfamiliar. I love seeing new, unfamiliar things and nothing saddens me more than the thought of routine.

So Si is definitely there, but what place in the function stack does it look like it falls?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't experience the fear of change and desire to stick to traditions that apparently come with Si-Doms.

It actually doesn't.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...unctions/84438-learn-introverted-sensing.html

My resource thread for things about Si. Most of it has to do with it in the dominant position, but as I don't know you, I can't say at all if you're a Si dom (or a Si anything). It at least might help you to confirm or deny whether you think you may be Si dom.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was rereading the Si-dom section in Lenore Thomson's book a few days ago and there was mention of how Si-doms don't like change purely for the sake or excitement of change. They are practical so therefore they like change to have a purpose or a meaning so doing something impractically because it is familiar is not necessarily a Si-dom trait. Si-dom value usefulness and practicality so they would be willing to try new things if it serves a purpose. That is not to say there aren't some who completely avoid all unfamiliar things but I wouldn't consider it a litmus test for the type.

jadves

Enneagram

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay so maybe I am an ISFJ, how does inferior Ne manifest?

It depends on how well-developed it is/how mature the Si dom is. For me it tends to manifest in a very specific kind of worrying and stubbornness where I am fully convinced that everything is going to go wrong and refuse to accept otherwise. This happens when I'm very stressed out about something. As the Si dom grows older and gains more life experience, their Ne becomes more developed and begins to relax. Then the Si dom realizes that bumps in the road aren't the end of the world and they can more easily maneuver out of them without all of the inferior-Ne-style panicking.

Of course, my experience is also going to be slightly flavored by my enneagram, which is the type 6.