• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] Ti, Why Are You So Alienated From Society?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alienation from society begins with alienation from the self. A part of the normal psyche is devoted to getting one's needs met by other people, particularly emotional needs. This is accomplished by seeking out the mirroring of the desired emotions. When giving love, a person expects love in return. When giving appreciation, a person expects appreciation in return. This is basic to the Golden Rule, a moral principle that can be found in every, or almost every, civilization in history.

The Ti dominant doesn't know what his or her emotional needs are. Having becoming alienated from themselves, they eventually become alienated from others. So they come to believe they are independent of other people, even different or strange. Intellectual and social independence gives the illusion of a confidence the Ti individual has lost. 'I can live without you.' 'I don't need anybody's help.' 'I am a success due to my own hard work and initiative.' 'I'm competent, even moreso, without anybody around me.'

Losing touch with emotions includes feeling-values. The Fi-dominant has lost touch with their own feeling-values and replaced them with someone else's, usually some authority figure in the past. The Fi's integrated self has become replaced with an idealized self that matches the ideals of the authority figure, and a real self that is perfectionistic, has absolute, black-and-white values, but is never quite up to the standards of the ideal. But there is no idealized self for the Ti-dominant. Having lost touch with their own values, they use their own authority to replace it, not the authority of another. And that authority takes the form of an internal logic system. Where the Fi-dominant is internally dependent yet externally independent at the same time (which leads to a conflict, thus an Avoidant personality style), the Ti-dominant is (or strives to be) completely independent, thus there is no real-ideal self-conflict. At the worst, this person develops a completely submerged Schizoid pathology.

This doesn't mean there is no conflict, only this person is not aware of it, so completely submerged are his or her emotional needs. The perfectionistic standard is not moral as with the Fi type, but intellectual. Omniscience, perfect knowledge in a limited, single field of thought, is the goal of this type. This Ti dominant has solved the problem of emotions, but as a price for omniscience has sold his soul.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's all just a dream within a dream anyway.

Don't play the fool man, you were ready to sell your soul ! Tell me your dream and let's discuss the price of your intellectual soul.

With all those stupids bums in every corner of this world, I'm sure we could find a good deal :smoke:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't play the fool man, you were ready to sell your soul ! Tell me your dream and let's discuss the price of your intellectual soul.

With all those stupids bums in every corner of this world, I'm sure we could find a good deal :smoke:

Do you have an internal or external locus of control?

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because you've asked repeatedly (and I'm getting a morbid enjoyment from these threads), what does locus of control have to do with anything?

(Mine's mostly external, if that helps.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because you've asked repeatedly (and I'm getting a morbid enjoyment from these threads), what does locus of control have to do with anything?

(Mine's mostly external, if that helps.)

Mine is also external, that's why I blame [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] for this thread.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Mine is also external, that's why I blame [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] for this thread.

LOL, interesting! I hoenstly would have expected yours to be internal, going on type alone.

I wrote a short thing a while back elsewhere about "hero vs victim", that amounts to why having an external locus of control is simply an easier life, since you don't have to blame yourself and self-punish every time something goes wrong. I mean, sure, there are some areas where a person is responsible for what happens to themselves (LOC quizzes often use tests as an example - did you fail because the test was unfair or because you didn't study?), but in life in general, there's often so many factors out of one's control, to the point where sometimes attributing cicumstances to one's own talent, hard work, etc is downright delusional. Yet to have an external LOC these days is considered a "victim complex".

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think mine is external. But I'll acknowledge when I didn't study for the test... and then blame some external force for why I wasn't able to study, but ultimately I am the one who chooses what external forces affect me and how I react to the ones I didn't choose. So it's still my fault no matter how much I try to blame the outside.

Makes me feel very apathetic sometimes.

Like Saturday when I was in that Fe grip. My Ti was like, "The external reaction of the other involved parties to this situation is completely logical. There's no reason to be upset about it, so don't be. You'd probably be in a worse mood if it had turned out differently." And Fe was just screaming and drowning out Ti like :overreact: "IIIITTTTTT'SSSSS NOOOOOOT FAAAAAIIIIRRRRRR!!!!!!!"

Then I got a puzzle and Ti was happy again.

Tater

Alienation from society begins with alienation from the self. A part of the normal psyche is devoted to getting one's needs met by other people, particularly emotional needs. This is accomplished by seeking out the mirroring of the desired emotions. When giving love, a person expects love in return. When giving appreciation, a person expects appreciation in return. This is basic to the Golden Rule, a moral principle that can be found in every, or almost every, civilization in history.

The Ti dominant doesn't know what his or her emotional needs are. Having becoming alienated from themselves, they eventually become alienated from others. So they come to believe they are independent of other people, even different or strange. Intellectual and social independence gives the illusion of a confidence the Ti individual has lost. 'I can live without you.' 'I don't need anybody's help.' 'I am a success due to my own hard work and initiative.' 'I'm competent, even moreso, without anybody around me.'

Losing touch with emotions includes feeling-values. The Fi-dominant has lost touch with their own feeling-values and replaced them with someone else's, usually some authority figure in the past. The Fi's integrated self has become replaced with an idealized self that matches the ideals of the authority figure, and a real self that is perfectionistic, has absolute, black-and-white values, but is never quite up to the standards of the ideal. But there is no idealized self for the Ti-dominant. Having lost touch with their own values, they use their own authority to replace it, not the authority of another. And that authority takes the form of an internal logic system. Where the Fi-dominant is internally dependent yet externally independent at the same time (which leads to a conflict, thus an Avoidant personality style), the Ti-dominant is (or strives to be) completely independent, thus there is no real-ideal self-conflict. At the worst, this person develops a completely submerged Schizoid pathology.

This doesn't mean there is no conflict, only this person is not aware of it, so completely submerged are his or her emotional needs. The perfectionistic standard is not moral as with the Fi type, but intellectual. Omniscience, perfect knowledge in a limited, single field of thought, is the goal of this type. This Ti dominant has solved the problem of emotions, but as a price for omniscience has sold his soul.

No.