• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused about an ISTJ!

Itsanenfpthing

So I'm a female ENFP who has been dating a male ISTJ and I'm unsure of whether to ask him to hangout again or wait things out.

I initiated the first date sort of by saying that we should hangout sometime and then he made plans for the date. Then, he told me he had a lot of fun and about a week later asked me to hangout again. He was going on vacation for 2 weeks so we didn't hangout for a while or really talk except he texted me occasionally. Then, I texted him first and he said we should hangout again soon so we did. The next time, I invited him on a double date with my friend and her boyfriend, and that's when he kissed me for the first time. We've hung out twice since then, and kissed during both of those dates, but we haven't hung out now for a little over a week.

I want to hangout with him again because I'm starting to really like him and he texts me almost everyday and we have random conversations, but after the conversation he stops replying. Since he texts me pretty much everyday I feel like this is a good sign that I know he is thinking about me, and he's kissed me the last 3 dates, so I think he likes me, but he seems to be taking things very slowly. Is this normal? Should I ask him to hangout again or wait until he initiates it?

I wouldn't mind taking things slow except I'm studying abroad for 3 months this fall and so I kind of wanted to get to know him more so that whenever I get home we can hopefully start dating again because I really think there could be something there, but I don't want to start our relationship off long distance. Do you think he's holding back due to me going away soon? I'm not sure what he is thinking and I don't want to ask him too serious of questions too soon because so far we've just been having so much fun together!

stone

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
First ISTJs do tend to be quite slow and deliberate in most things, particularly when we have no or limited experience with something. We tend to require a lot of time where feelings are involved and will very slowly examine and reexamine our feelings over and over. In my opinion and experience this makes those feelings very deep and personal although from the outside it can appear as though we are distant or disconnected from the person or situation.

I doubt your going away for three months would be the direct cause of his slow speed forward, but it is likely one thing he is considering. The best thing I can recommend is that you ask him and tell him that you would like to pick things back up when you get back.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an ENFP I think you could nicely propose him to hangout again. You have only positive signs so, why not !

Keep on having fun with this INTJ and, if necessary, ask him the question about how he views distant relationships.