• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJs have "permeable ego boundaries"? What does this mean?

brown bear

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I read in some online literature that the INTJ personality is closely associated with having "permeable ego boundaries". Now the first issue I have with this is that I don't feel like we are the type with the thinnest or most "permeable" ego boundaries. I would have thought for sure it would have been a feeling type as they tend to be more selfless and I thought being selfless was a big part of having permeable ego boundaries... I mean INTJs being selfless? Someone needs to either explain this to me or admit that it's not true because I (being an intj) and many others tend to see I the as a whole as quite selfish and even inconsiderate of others. I need an explanation.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity.

brown bear

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Hmm what she's saying doesn't sound very INTJ to me. Perhaps INFJ but not INTJ. I think INTJs (correct me if I'm wrong) are known for having strong identities and purposes in life.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hmm what she's saying doesn't sound very INTJ to me. Perhaps INFJ but not INTJ. I think INTJs (correct me if I'm wrong) are known for having strong identities and purposes in life.

Which part are you referring to?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I read in some online literature that the INTJ personality is closely associated with having "permeable ego boundaries". Now the first issue I have with this is that I don't feel like we are the type with the thinnest or most "permeable" ego boundaries. I would have thought for sure it would have been a feeling type as they tend to be more selfless and I thought being selfless was a big part of having permeable ego boundaries... I mean INTJs being selfless? Someone needs to either explain this to me or admit that it's not true because I (being an intj) and many others tend to see I the as a whole as quite selfish and even inconsiderate of others. I need an explanation.

Permeable ego boundaries? It sounds like someone is trying to suggest we're the mental equivalent of single celled organism. If so, I'm going to squirt digestive enzymes all over them.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I need an explanation.

Why? I never understood people who come here demanding...

TYPE ME!
OMG HOW WILL I GET LAID IF I'M AN ISFP MALE??
DO WOMEN GET HORNY<SERIOUS QUESTION AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION>??!!!!

Someone needs to either explain this to me or admit that it's not true

This is funny. It's clear that you have an issue with F's. We get it. But you're tone sucks and you won't get very far using it here.

brown bear

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Why? I never understood people who come here demanding...

TYPE ME!
OMG HOW WILL I GET LAID IF I'M AN ISFP MALE??
DO WOMEN GET HORNY<SERIOUS QUESTION AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION>??!!!!

This is funny. It's clear that you have an issue with F's. We get it. But you're tone sucks and you won't get very far using it here.

I could say the same thing to you based on what you said here and how it was said, rather snarkily... ^