• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

whats difference between I-E and F-T

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I like to be by theirself, E like to be around people

F like to be around people, T like to be by theirself

so what is difference?

well. actually I-E not much to do with people.

I is in head, and E is looking at the outside world. F is pay attention to others, T to self.

N is in head, S is looking at outside world.

so what is difference between I-E and N-S?

typology is ridiculous makes no sense

it is just counting to 4 over and over, or 8, and counting in different ways like

or like 142361387461287346718724167934697123678

sort of thing, you know??

so P and J is what? thats just the letters combined, but that doesnt fix a single thing lol

is MBTI even really a thing??

i mean apart from MBTI books and tests, they are a thing, just a philosophy about number 4 lol, it ends up being a statement of free will haha

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
i told you there is only one real difference in people, which is it?

male and female, gay and straight, male seekers and female seekers, friends and lovers? introverts and extroverts? empathy and low empathy?

dogs cats and robots?

which one is the true?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
or is it only one real difference in all people and that is body and spirit?

ok thats wrong because when youre smart then the body and spirit become the same

its only when people say the spirit is not real, then they get separate and you become a schizophrenic

so when doctors say spirit is not real it turns people into a schizophrenic

doctors make schizophrenia.

thats so they can control people and take their empathy and make money from drugs and psychic powers

douchebags those doctors and the police too

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
i think Si is a good one because it means you are happy who you are

then you dont have to go to outside things to get happy

but i also think outside things can make you happy too so Se is a good one too

F and T are in everyone, but T protects themself the T protect the F so person doesnt get hurt

thats why people who got hurt seem like a T, the F is hiding

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
i think even N is a good one cos thats the imagination but i think its good the most when you can use imagination in the world around you, not just keep it in your head and pretend its not around you cos of the people think youre weird etc.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
sometimes i dont know if people here are trying to make the typology a better system or if they just talk about it like chit chat or if they actually saying real things

if they making a better system they are very bad at it lol, if its chit chat thats ok, if its real things then thats ok too but its applies to many many things look at Schopenhauer 4 reasons, or the wu tang 36 chambers or the colours of the colour wheel with the added shades and clear colour too etc or 4 elements astrology with 3 versions, and 3 types of rocks igneous sedimentary metamorphic similar to Nietzsche camel lion and child, and its the stages of a person, people get to stages at different times in their life when they learn important things

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
its ultimately to clear away the barriers in the mind so we can get along better and we can talk without words and we can talk better to animals too and even trees and computers too, maybe even rocks and little atoms! we can talk from far away and we can go to far away without a computer too and you can learn about this in magick like Aleister Crowley

i think Aleister Crowley a nice person like a friend, he did lots of heroin its a hard one to beat hehe. but he is nice he says the best thing "let him strike the battery 1 3 3 3 1" this is a very true statement to my mind

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
i think most people know Aleister Crowley one of the really nicest, but sometimes he made people a bit crazy, thats only cos of the society ills though, he tries to beat around the system that is mean to us but its hard to do sometimes people couldnt handle it enough, he tried his best i think

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
so what is difference?
thats just the letters combined, but that doesnt fix a single thing lol

If this is bait then congrats, you got me.

Your MBTI type is not a combination of letters. It's a combination of functions. You have no idea how much I say and mean this.

In fact, I am pretty sure I have written a few lengthy posts about it on the forums and I am very willing to go recap!

You have 8 functions that teeter on 2 separate axes. The level of preference for these functions determine the four letters that are used to represent your type. Any test you see online that determines your type based choosing letters is more than likely extremely inaccurate.

Here is tumblr post that I made completely explaining the basis of MBTI typing: link!

It's absolutely painful to know that MBTI gets treated like zodiac nonsense when it really isn't.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

Your MBTI type is not a combination of letters. It's a combination of functions. You have no idea how much I say and mean this.

In fact, I am pretty sure I have written a few lengthy posts about it on the forums and I am very willing to go recap!

You have 8 functions that teeter on 2 separate axes. The level of preference for these functions determine the four letters that are used to represent your type. Any test you see online that determines your type based choosing letters is more than likely extremely inaccurate.

Here is tumblr post that I made completely explaining the basis of MBTI typing: link!

It's absolutely painful to know that MBTI gets treated like zodiac nonsense when it really isn't.

All I meant was that each of the 8 functions is a combination of each of the 4 functions with either of the 2 letters, I'm not referring to the J/P distinction used in MBTI which assigns alternating i/e functions in the type's stack.

It's painful that zodiac gets treated as nonsense. The 12-type system is better than the 16-type system, in my view, simply because it uses the numbers 3 AND 4, not just 3 and 3 (enneagram) or 4 and 4 (MBTI).

Obviously it is harder to understand through modern language as it is a much older system and has not been properly translated into current terminology.

Also: I will point out that there is a distinction between the zodiac as based on time of birth, and zodiac in terms of personality similar to MBTI/Jung (identified by observing the person), and the more pure, archetypal understanding of the system.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

Everything I say is to "bait" someone into a conversation, so yes I "baited" you.

I am often well aware that the way I am expressing an idea is likely to be misunderstood, however, and I will admit that I often will forego expressing myself in a more understandable way, and just go with how I naturally expressed it the first time.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I will also point out that I am legitimately skeptical of the legitimacy of a large amount of Typology theory in how it applies to people, like whether we have a "Type" at all. It's hardly a subject with much consensus.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I is about internal focus. E is about external focus.
N is about what could exist. S is about what does exist.
T is about things (people are treated as things). F is about people (things are treated based on their impact on people).
P is about what does/could exist externally and internal things/people (i.e. you). J is about external things/people and what exists/could exist for you.
I think that much of MBTI is one dichotomy repeated slightly differently (e.g. high-low). The Enneagram has a basic trichotomy (e.g. id-ego-superego).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I is about internal focus. E is about external focus.
N is about what could exist. S is about what does exist.
T is about things (people are treated as things). F is about people (things are treated based on their impact on people).
P is about what does/could exist externally and internal things/people (i.e. you). J is about external things/people and what exists/could exist for you.
I think that much of MBTI is one dichotomy repeated slightly differently (e.g. high-low). The Enneagram has a basic trichotomy (e.g. id-ego-superego).

Yeah, I've read all of that stuff too, but I don't know how to apply it to real life, really. I mean, I find it hard to type myself just from reading that.

Also, the id-ego-superego thing for enneagram is a very rough correlation, I wouldn't place too much stock in it.

I prefer to generalise the id-ego-superego into the idea of a "middleman" in the brain communicating between two opposite sides. Then there is the fourth element, which is reality itself.

I tend to think of enneagram more in terms of behaviour/motivations rather than cognition, whereas MBTI covers both.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The id-ego-superego is one of the forms of the main trichotomy.
Others are gut-head-heart, reactive-positive-competency, rejection-attachment-frustration etc.
Use functions to type yourself. From what I can see, you seem to be Ne, rather than Se, so xNFP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The id-ego-superego is one of the forms of the main trichotomy.
Others are gut-head-heart, reactive-positive-competency, rejection-attachment-frustration etc.
Use functions to type yourself. From what I can see, you seem to be Ne, rather than Se, so xNFP.

Yeah I know the trichotomy, isn't it better known as Assertive, Withdrawn and Compliant? That's a much easier trichotomy to understand rather than using the same terms from Freud since that would be confusing.

Ok, so far on this forum and others I have been typed as ISTJ, INFJ, INFP, xNTJ, ENTP, ISTP, INFP, INTP, ... So Fi, Ni, Si, Ti, Te, Ne... I've filled in the rest myself, suggesting ENFJ and ESFP.

I have all 8 functions, so I'm not sure how you can type me by which functions I use. Which is my dominant function?

Can anyone actually type people on this forum?

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Yeah I know the trichotomy, isn't it better known as Assertive, Withdrawn and Compliant? That's a much easier trichotomy to understand rather than using the same terms from Freud since that would be confusing.

Ok, so far on this forum and others I have been typed as ISTJ, INFJ, INFP, xNTJ, ENTP, ISTP, INFP, INTP, ... So Fi, Ni, Si, Ti, Te, Ne... I've filled in the rest myself, suggesting ENFJ and ESFP.

I have all 8 functions, so I'm not sure how you can type me by which functions I use. Which is my dominant function?

Can anyone actually type people on this forum?

i thought you were ultimately supposed to type yourself

with self-typing requiring a decent ability to think about how you think

your info says your a socionics intj, so dominant introverted thinking, auxillary extroverted intuition

on a different note, i agree that ego-id-superego ideas are somewhat mediators of the functions, but the superego also seems like an introverted sensing function (rules of conduct ingrained over time and through repetition)