• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] enfj and reading people

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok so fe is a function that wants to merg with people,This might be one of the reasons we ENFJs have so much charisma. Fe wants to merge with others. Ni makes it possible to do so on incredibly subtle levels.
ok fe also deals with reading peope/emotions intensions ect/ so with ni enfj would be able to read people ona very subtle level//
enfjs and infjs must be the best at reading people
so how do you guys testify to this,....
with fe and ni im sure you can see into someone so well as right into the core of who they are..even right into there subconsious?
so guys give some cool examples of this?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are great at reading people too.

Testify? Lol.

I'm amazing and I know this is true. There, done.

there is no amazing examples. Just me. Sorry. :shrug:

Wait! WAIT. Long long ago, in not too far of a place off. I was sitting on the couch, until somebody gave me the order to stop watching TV. I then did something else. Understand the tone and intracacies of her voice, I understood that my mother meant serious business to attend to my chores. I did my chores. By checking her facial muscles, her smile meant she was pleased.

The end. So psychic, yeah?

á´…eparted

passages
I feel like I have seen this question asked recently?

No, ENFJ's and INFJ's are not the best at reading people. This is putting them on far higher of a pedstal than is warranted, and really is a tired stereotype. Any type can be good at reading people. I was actually discussing with [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] recently (an ESTJ) the ways in which she is very good at reading people in a specific manner. The stereotype for an ESTJ is that they would be bad at it, and that is also an unfair stereotype.

There would be some patterns and distinctions in which ways people are good at reading people, but that's about it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Following up on [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]'s post (which I agree with) -- I think what ENFJs are good at, that ESTJs aren't, is quickly and easily trying to get a feel for people's emotional reactions to things. What will make them happy, sad, etc. What will maintain harmony in interpersonal relationships. That is a primary focus and is therefore a skill that they are more likely to hone.

In contrast, the kind of "reading people" that I do actually has nothing to do with how I can/do influence people's feelings -- I'm bad at that and tend to be surprised when people react emotionally to me in any way (positively or negatively). What I try to get a feel for is people's character. What their priorities are. Why they express themselves the way they do. I get the feeling that my methods could easily carry over across type -- much like following a set of instructions re: how to ask questions of a potential roommate, to see how trustworthy they are.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Following up on [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]'s post (which I agree with) -- I think what ENFJs are good at, that ESTJs aren't, is quickly and easily trying to get a feel for people's emotional reactions to things. What will make them happy, sad, etc. What will maintain harmony in interpersonal relationships. That is a primary focus and is therefore a skill that they are more likely to hone.

I would like to point out that this skill has a tendency to backfire. What creates "harmony" often does not create it for the ENFJ. Instead of changing things for themselves, they stay with the bad situation. And complain. Healthy ones can and perhaps do, eventually, but unhealthy ones think they have to stay in a situation and they have to kill themselves for harmony. It's so frustrating for anyone around them.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
with fe and ni im sure you can see into someone so well as right into the core of who they are..even right into there subconsious?
so guys give some cool examples of this?

You've asked this before. What makes you think any type is able to do this?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would like to point out that this skill has a tendency to backfire. What creates "harmony" often does not create it for the ENFJ. Instead of changing things for themselves, they stay with the bad situation. And complain. Healthy ones can and perhaps do, eventually, but unhealthy ones think they have to stay in a situation and they have to kill themselves for harmony. It's so frustrating for anyone around them.
Oh totally. Same with INFJs. Drives me crazy!