• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne and Learning Preference/Style

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Maybe this isn't with all Ne users, maybe only the dominant Ne users, or heck, maybe I'm just an oddball case, but it suddenly clicked for me while drafting up some floor plans (always in the middle of something droll) but duh! since I think in Ne, I must also absorb in Ne. Meaning, when I ask people questions, or learn something new, I need to ask the questions that allow that information to easily slide into my way of understanding.

I always felt stupid growing up since it often took much longer for me to understand new concepts and ideas in school, but thinking about it now, I am most certain, it was only the method in which those ideas were taught that caused great delay in my grasp of things. I now realize, I was also asking the wrong questions growing up too. Since I understand the world through contextual relationships, and understand how things all fit together in this abstract way, I need to tailor my questions in that regard, so that, when I receive information from people, I don't have to do that extra step of "processing" internally, that step will already be taken care of by asking the right question.

Perhaps this is my lowly Te coming into play, and finding ways to make things more efficient hehe.

What do you guys think? Any other Ne doms or users find they have to tailor their questions or way of receiving information to make it more readily accessible for them to understand?? Really though, this applies to all the other functions as well.

OK, included in this thread, is Talk about how you think and process information (which dominant function you use), and does that change the way in which you go about seeking out that information?

I love how I just thought of this. Super excited!!! :happy2:

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Would any of the mods be so kind as to move this thread into the MBTI subforum?

As you all can probably guess with this thread, or not, I sometimes get an initial idea or question for a thread, start typing it out, then while I'm typing, other thoughts and ideas come in, and I just include those thoughts, while I'm typing. So if some basic idea I had, originated in the Bonfire, as did this, it can sometimes end up becoming a full-fledged thread topic better suited for another subforum.

You can see the evidence haha in my bolded text above since I thought, well shoot, I better make this more legible for people coming to this thread since my questions are buried in all this gibberish.