• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question About Function Development

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ok I've got a question about function development (see thread title).

Once you get to the 8th function, what happens then? Do you then just have all 8, or do you need to retrace and get back to the first again before you can use all 8 independently?

If the latter, do you retrace in the same order, or are they combined with the alternative function so that you then trace through all 16 types?

Furthermore, do you then return to the original type, or do you become all types? (I think this one is the former but I am just checking for confirmation)

Ok, I'll illustrate...

So I'm INFJ right, or I am for the sake of this discussion, so my functions go...

Ni then Fe then Ti then Se then Ne then Fi then Te then Si.

Now, I've already reached Si, and I'm heading back to Ni but I'm not sure what order they're going in, and this is causing me some confusion, in particular regarding T and F i.e. whether Fe or Te follows backwards from Si, and from thenceforth the other 3 are naturally placed, or if this step is not even done at all but is simply the end of the process. However, I do not feel that it is, for were it so I would have returned and given that my claim that the former was the case as I stipulated earlier, I feel that it must be so.

Can anyone shed light on this issue? In particular, given that I am now back to Se, although I am stepping back to Ne but back to Se again, which comes next, Fi or Ti? This is so I can know whether I am returning to Ni or back to Si, as this would determine if I am heading back to Ni or not, however either is acceptable as it would reinforce the current developments.

Thanks.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
To anyone who actually made sense of this intentionally confusing post, I will state what I have come to see so far:

I have gone from Se to Ti, so next will come Fe then Ni.

My life history suggests that I developed Fe at a far earlier age than Te.

This would suggest that integration is in fact a direct reversal of disintegration, rather than going through the alternative route. (in socionics terms, it seems that both forward and backward are both Aristocratic or both Democratic. I'm not sure how an Aristocratic type can activate Democratic ways of seeing things, at least not yet.)