• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which function does this sound like?

jadves

Enneagram
I almost have 2 'modes' in my thoughts. Loud thoughts and quiet thoughts as I like to describe them. The quiet thoughts occur on their own without me trying to induce them and are constant but low level, always wondering about the world around me, pondering my own behavior or thoughts or whatever, but are almost instantly forgotten if not mentally grabbed hold of. However, when they are 'grabbed hold of' they become loud thoughts, which are more conscious and deliberate.

Does this sound like any particular function?

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have this too, like a constant mental chatter that I can only sort of hear if it's quiet and I'm not trying to do anything. I can shut it up at will for a few seconds at a time. If I try to bring it forward into conscious thought, it goes away. Probably because conscious thought is deliberate and unconscious and subconscious thoughts are automatic (autopilot), and conscious thought overrides it like manual control.

Kind of like manual breathing mode. As soon as you become conscious of your own breathing (other than when talking I think but I guess it depends) you're suddenly in the driver's seat and it takes a bit of distraction to get it back into automatic. I've heard that taking a deep breath or yawning helps with that. (You're welcome.)

It's probably an everyone thing.