• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you develop Ni?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I personally think that life would be more interesting with it in my life. Being Se Fi Te, i'm a little bit stuck in the moment. Its like being imprisonated when you think about it. Imagine taking a shower, for instance.

I have my own idea about what Ni could do for me.
Mostly more curiosity, and also more foresight, and the ability to understand things better in hindsight. Basically just more balance in my personality. Its one thing that actually could make me a more rounded and interesting person in general. Also, life could be even more interesting.

I bet the Se-Ni tandem is pretty much the opposite way in which my brain works with the Ni-Se tandem:

Ni comes up with tons of ideas, hones in on one. There's an almost immediate desire to make that idea happen. Se is used to research and pull data and methods to provide a realistic approach to implement that idea into reality.

In reverse, I bet it's like:

Se gathers tons of data, honing in on a specific topic. There's an almost immediate desire to connect all the pieces in a holistic sense. Ni is used to find patterns within the data and bring everything together into a cohesive whole.

Does that happen with you?

I'm sure there's some writing out there about the Se-Ni/Ni-Se tandem and how it works. I forget who came up with the concept, though.

Jaguar

Here's a description from another member:

Introverted intuition, like all introverted functions, is oriented toward depth.
It is much more focused than its extraverted counterpart.
While Ne will ask "why" about one thing, and then ask "why" about something else,
Ni will focus on one thing at a time and will keep asking "why" about the same thing over and over again.
This is what is meant when Ni is said to be able to view things from multiple perspectives.
It sees multiple possible explanations for the same thing.
Then it can choose one explanation or an amalgam of explanations.

This also results in the NJ having the greatest depth in understanding whatever it focuses on.
It can even see patterns and trends from the present and past,
and extrapolate them into the future.
Unfortunately introverted functions are not oriented toward communication,
and the thought process for Ni is unconscious,
so the person is only aware of the result but not how they got there.
This means that NJ's seem to have a way of just "knowing things",
but they will be unable to adequately explain how they know.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet the Se-Ni tandem is pretty much the opposite way in which my brain works with the Ni-Se tandem:

Ni comes up with tons of ideas, hones in on one. There's an almost immediate desire to make that idea happen. Se is used to research and pull data and methods to provide a realistic approach to implement that idea into reality.

Se gathers tons of data, honing in on a specific topic. There's an almost immediate desire to connect all the pieces in a holistic sense. Ni is used to find patterns within the data and bring everything together into a cohesive whole.

I'm sure there's some writing out there about the Se-Ni/Ni-Se tandem and how it works. I forget who came up with the concept, though.

Actually, my Ni sucks.
So the only way that it works this way is in school.
Gathering all the data and then tying it all together to get a bigger picture.

Generally in normal life,
constantly gathering data and doing nothing with it unless I need to give advice or do something useful with it.

Its not natural, I guess.

Sugarpot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Actually, my Ni sucks.
So the only way that it works this way is in school.
Gathering all the data and then tying it all together to get a bigger picture.

Generally in normal life,
constantly gathering data and doing nothing with it unless I need to give advice or do something useful with it.

Its not natural, I guess.

Meditate and self actualize your subconscious, it's the only way to better highly develop Ni.

As ENFP it is a shadow function because you're Ne.

To me I think it is an inverse brain proccess that happens from subconscious to consious or shadow to primary functions so mine goes Fi->Se->Ni->Te

So when I speak (Te) I already have all the data gathered and processed into a single picture that seems the most accurate (Ni) that I have already in my mind which was observed by my curious nature (Se) using an abstract set of values that I constantly improve through time (Fi) that then was defined by my subconscious which are the shadow functions working in the back of all these processes.

(I have to copy paste this on gedit)