First 123 Last

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I enjoy it but I don't enjoy all outdoor activity. Hiking/camping/practicing to be homeless activity...no thank you. Anything on the water, boating/sailing/kayaking/jet skiing...I'm there. I love winter sports as well.
    Yes this lol
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12
    Likes Kierva liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp

I love being outdoors but I do have a fear of bears so that can be a bit of a stumbling block sometimes. I enjoy hiking, camping, kayaking in the summer and snowshoeing in the winter.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

I enjoy peaceful walks in parks and forests, when I don't have to do anything dangerous liking climbing on cliffs and so on. I like things to be leisurely and chill. I love the smell of the Earth and let my mind wander through the trees and the atmosphere. To be at one with life.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Lia_kat liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I'm not sure how this correlates to functions (since that's ultimately what you are asking), but I'd say I'm a 10 on a 10 point scale of loving the outdoors-- by which, I mean, nature in and of itself. I've noticed that some people believe that they love the outdoors, when they actually love physical fitness (my Dad for example, who climbs 14ers to time himself and win, not to enjoy nature). I'm sure there are actually many motivations for loving the outdoors, but perhaps that's a separate topic, so I digress.

Recreation is enjoyable for me (camping, hiking, kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.) but as aformentioned, only when it's done with the intent of enjoying nature and camaraderie in it. Because it's been mentioned, "danger" doesn't really register often for me in nature, so I suppose that doesn't put me off-- an example, I recently went hiking at a state park with some friends. While there, I definitely observed some differences among the four of us, in the way we responded to unsure footing, mud, steep inclines, etc. I tend to let my body do the "thinking" when in settings like that, so I tend to be more sure footed-- this is super fascinating to me, because as a heart/head dominated person, I've always been kind of naturally physically intelligent, when in settings that require it. In truth, I find a lot of joy when I can allow that intuitive body thing to just take over-- I think I just forget it's there in everyday life. Driving is actually another example of that for me. <---- Sorry if that stuff is super unrelated.

But yes, I love the outdoors, and declare my hatred for the city almost everytime I have to drive into it. I think the way I enjoy nature is different from other people I know, because I don't mind sitting on the ground (even in a dress ), or handling an insect, frog or other small creature (usually to move it). I have also rescued snapping turtles from roads before, so I think that means something. Haha.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes SearchingforPeace, cascadeco, Galena liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I'm not sure how this correlates to functions (since that's ultimately what you are asking), but I'd say I'm a 10 on a 10 point scale of loving the outdoors-- by which, I mean, nature in and of itself. I've noticed that some people believe that they love the outdoors, when they actually love physical fitness (my Dad for example, who climbs 14ers to time himself and win, not to enjoy nature). I'm sure there are actually many motivations for loving the outdoors, but perhaps that's a separate topic, so I digress.

Recreation is enjoyable for me (camping, hiking, kayaking, paddleboarding, etc.) but as aformentioned, only when it's done with the intent of enjoying nature and camaraderie in it. Because it's been mentioned, "danger" doesn't really register often for me in nature, so I suppose that doesn't put me off-- an example, I recently went hiking at a state park with some friends. While there, I definitely observed some differences among the four of us, in the way we responded to unsure footing, mud, steep inclines, etc. I tend to let my body do the "thinking" when in settings like that, so I tend to be more sure footed-- this is super fascinating to me, because as a heart/head dominated person, I've always been kind of naturally physically intelligent, when in settings that require it. In truth, I find a lot of joy when I can allow that intuitive body thing to just take over-- I think I just forget it's there in everyday life. Driving is actually another example of that for me. <---- Sorry if that stuff is super unrelated.

But yes, I love the outdoors, and declare my hatred for the city almost everytime I have to drive into it.
    I love your post and I believe it is very on topic.

Whenever I am in nature, I feel like my senses are more alive. I feel very connected to trees, animals, streams, etc. For me, I see no joy in mere conquest of nature wonders. I want to soak up the experience. My body feels more awake. Leaving the city behind frees me from all the clutter of life.

Many years ago, I felt the need to climb a nearby mountain to watch the sunrise on the 4th of July. I got some friends together and we took the 10 mile hike up 5k feet in the dark. We got to the peak not long before the sunrise.

I sat there for about an hour soaking in the experience. It was as spiritual an experience as I have ever had at any religious service. It put life and the minor creations of humanity in perspective. The walk down was glorious, with the mysteries we didn't see at night unfolded in their abundant glory. It was a special gift just for us, as the fields of wildflowers glistened like diamonds with the morning dew.

I have had many other profound and moving experiences in the wild. I wish I could spend my days as a wilderness guide, leading groups to see some sights out there, that can be only reached with great effort. Ah, an alternative life in another universe, perhaps......
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays
    Likes cascadeco, small.wonder liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I mostly prefer indoor, but I know the outside world is good for me and it can be calming at times. I am intrigued by animals of any kind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post

But yes, I love the outdoors, and declare my hatred for the city almost everytime I have to drive into it. I think the way I enjoy nature is different from other people I know, because I don't mind sitting on the ground (even in a dress ), or handling an insect, frog or other small creature (usually to move it). I have also rescued snapping turtles from roads before, so I think that means something. Haha.
    I didn't really speak to my actual adoration / worship (almost) of nature (not sure how else to describe it / compare myself to more casual enjoyer-s of the outdoors), but that would be me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    I enjoy peaceful walks in parks and forests, when I don't have to do anything dangerous liking climbing on cliffs and so on. I like things to be leisurely and chill. I love the smell of the Earth and let my mind wander through the trees and the atmosphere. To be at one with life.
    Same. Nature is my sanctuary.
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Norrsken liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I h8 n8tr
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I love your post and I believe it is very on topic.

Whenever I am in nature, I feel like my senses are more alive. I feel very connected to trees, animals, streams, etc. For me, I see no joy in mere conquest of nature wonders. I want to soak up the experience. My body feels more awake. Leaving the city behind frees me from all the clutter of life.

Many years ago, I felt the need to climb a nearby mountain to watch the sunrise on the 4th of July. I got some friends together and we took the 10 mile hike up 5k feet in the dark. We got to the peak not long before the sunrise.

I sat there for about an hour soaking in the experience. It was as spiritual an experience as I have ever had at any religious service. It put life and the minor creations of humanity in perspective. The walk down was glorious, with the mysteries we didn't see at night unfolded in their abundant glory. It was a special gift just for us, as the fields of wildflowers glistened like diamonds with the morning dew.

I have had many other profound and moving experiences in the wild. I wish I could spend my days as a wilderness guide, leading groups to see some sights out there, that can be only reached with great effort. Ah, an alternative life in another universe, perhaps......
    Brother, do it! Or at least investigate the possibilities of guiding wilderness things, you may be surprised at what you find.

Your description is very familiar to me. I have very similar experiences with wide open spaces of all kinds, and feel that it's a way that I hear from God. So so many times it's been small things, like a specific significant flower or plant, as if to tell me that I'm seen and known. Or encountering an animal and it not being afraid, connecting with me through the eyes. All of my life it's been this way. Intense weather systems are magnetic for me, I used to run out into thunderstorms as a kid just to feel the wonder of it (my Mom would scream at me to come inside ). Still today, whenever it hails, I can't resist walking out afterwards and admiring the perfect creation that each little sphere of ice is. Such breathtaking detail and design, I just love to feel the awe and overwhelmedness of that.

Kindred spirit, friend!
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post