• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] infj's and enfjs how good at reading people are you?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
ok ill try to explain this as best i can, enfjs and infjs you both have ni and fe so,..ni is good at reading behavour looking into the subconsious ect,fe is good at reading emotions of people in the present even to the point of feeling others emotions as your own so this must be a deadly combination to see right through people?!?!
so logicaly ill take it that enfjs and infjs must be the best type to read people
first off,other types good at reading people,infps enfps,entjs esfjs
as an infp i feel that i can read people realy well,the way infps read people is by mirroring the exact emotion someone els is feeling as there own emotion(fi)not realy directly looking at them but feeling them inside yourself,for some reason i can easily tell when someone is sad motives intensions just by feeling it ect
but infjs and enfjs should be the best at this,since my father is entj and could read people better than me and i already feel like i can read people well since im always alayzing people the infj and enfj should be the pinicle of this(he one time could see right through who i thought was my friend at the time but i couldnt see it logn story short he was right i was wrong)
ok..
so enfjs and infjs how well do you actualy read people and if you eg talking with a friend one on one how much do you pick up on them,hidden motives intensions ect,..
i can often tell like this one time i visited a friend and i could pick up emediatly that something had happened to him,i could just feel it,how do i explain this as best as i can when im with a friend or watching someone theres this thing i feel its unconsious but its like a tracker of there mood,its not ni introverted intuition its introvertet feeling i unconsiously create the person inside and as they speak its like i can feel every step of the way what they mean feel motives ect,i know this is not ni because its not comming to ah ha insights into them its more like a constand flow of that person inside me so im deadly accurate in seeing through them,fi is good with viewing your own emotions therefore i can mirroror exactly what someone might be thinking or feeling
now i have read that infps are intuitive about people
but..
enfjs and infjs are even more so how is this?how do you read people how does it feel inside of yourself how does fe and ni work while talking with someone to read them pick up things about them,see through them,motives intensions ect just stream down all your thoughts and feelings as to what goes on inside your mind when reading someone thansk!!??

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One time my father got into a small car accident on his way to pick me up from work. I went over to where he was at and found that the other person's car rammed their bumper into the front side of his car, and that the other drivers were these adolescent girls who were on their phones and not looking where they were going. Anyway, we all talked while the police were on their way and the passenger of the teenage driver suddenly said, "Yeah, I feel some pain in my neck.." and I looked at her and just already felt this prickly feeling on my skin and in my stomach that she is bullshitting and is saying that as a way to get insurance money out of us. I did not say anything, of course, because anything I could do or say would be used against me somehow, so I just comforted my dad whilst he was in mild shock over what has happened.

Thankfully, they were charged with negligent driving and my father didn't have to pay a dime for it. I remember going off about that girl bullshitting and lying, though my dad kind of didn't believe me until the police told him the truth. I honestly cannot tell you how I know people have bad intentions, its something innate and sometimes its the way a person behaves or their tone of voice that pretty much gives it away for me. I hope my answer satisfies you somehow, it is a pretty hard to thing to describe.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
One time my father got into a small car accident on his way to pick me up from work. I went over to where he was at and found that the other person's car rammed their bumper into the front side of his car, and that the other drivers were these adolescent girls who were on their phones and not looking where they were going. Anyway, we all talked while the police were on their way and the passenger of the teenage driver suddenly said, "Yeah, I feel some pain in my neck.." and I looked at her and just already felt this prickly feeling on my skin and in my stomach that she is bullshitting and is saying that as a way to get insurance money out of us. I did not say anything, of course, because anything I could do or say would be used against me somehow, so I just comforted my dad whilst he was in mild shock over what has happened.

Thankfully, they were charged with negligent driving and my father didn't have to pay a dime for it. I remember going off about that girl bullshitting and lying, though my dad kind of didn't believe me until the police told him the truth. I honestly cannot tell you how I know people have bad intentions, its something innate and sometimes its the way a person behaves or their tone of voice that pretty much gives it away for me. I hope my answer satisfies you somehow, it is a pretty hard to thing to describe.

yes it does! give some more examples what about when you hanging out with friends how do you pick up on things about them,eg there mood are they hiding something like my mom just walked into the room now and i could tell exactly how she was feeling,or somethign was bothering her...:)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes it does! give some more examples what about when you hanging out with friends how do you pick up on things about them,eg there mood are they hiding something like my mom just walked into the room now and i could tell exactly how she was feeling,or somethign was bothering her...:)

Well, when I was e-dating my husband at the time, I knew when he felt angry or upset or was crying or w/e just by the way he typed. I think in general, picking up on the subtleties is an NF thing and not specifically to NFJ types. Pretty sure NFP can do it as well. We are the empaths, after all. (;

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To put it mildly, I kick ass at reading people. It is automatic and almost not even conscious. It takes zero effort to get a surface read on people IRL.

I know what the emotions of others regularly before they are self aware.

I feel connected to most everyone. It involves no internal referencing.

I can also do it differently. I can talk with people and then organize their thoughts and feelings by processing them internally. The result is amazing, as people have told me I conceyed things they never told me but felt and could never express and that I am extremely accurate in the reads. This is a much deeper read.

I also help people understand others in their life. Others tell me of people they know and I can read them. This is more of a mediatative process, where I try to find something to guide it, since I don't know the individuals directly. I have done this many times and have been told by those I help that I have profound insights to the other people, even if the person who asked for help has known the subject for decades.

I also read context and nuance in everything word I read. It is all clear to me.

The hardest part for me is figuring out where their emotions and mine begin. When I was younger, I would get sick everytime I went to a hospital. Learning to pull back inside myself has reduced the impact of the emotions of others.....

chado

MBTI Type
infp
To put it mildly, I kick ass at reading people. It is automatic and almost not even conscious. It takes zero effort to get a surface read on people IRL.

I can also do it differently. I can talk with people and then organize their thoughts and feelings by processing them internally. The result is amazing, as people have told me I conceyed things they never told me but felt and could never express and that I am extremely accurate in the reads. This is a much deeper read.

I also help people understand others in their life. Others tell me of people they know and I can read them. This is more of a mediatative process, where I try to find something to guide it, since I don't know the individuals directly. I have done this many times and have been told by those I help that I have profound insights to the other people, even if the person who asked for help has known the subject for decades.

I also read context and nuance in everything word I read. It is all clear to me.

The hardest part for me is figuring out where their emotions and mine begin. When I was younger, I would get sick everytime I went to a hospital. Learning to pull back inside myself has reduced the impact of the emotions of others.....

now this is the answer i was searching for!!! great suff how about some percefic examples thankss!!

á´…eparted

passages
I am ok at it. In some ways I am really good, in others I am terrible. It evens out.

The ability to read people well is not confined to NFJs. In fact, a great many of them I have met are terrible. They just THINK they are amazing, which causes a whole host of problems.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I can only truly read my own projected narrative which (as all good narratives are) is filled with bias and convenience.

I'm a paranoid person to an extent; I want to trust others as this is the ultimate security of our species, but I cannot shake my rationale that I and others are inherently untrustworthy (projection there again). But I'm working on it.

I can picture what I think a person is thinking, like I'm at the centre of a tornado of information, but I take it... hollow it out and look for potential. It sounds chaotic, but there is more method and plenty of madness (who dichtomised those?) in there.

Let's say I'm at my retail job, a young man walks in > "he's having a hard time with his relationship". How? Well I break it down after the thought and start at the point of contact in the storm. His movements are agitated and restless, he keeps fingering a gold chain round his neck, it has the words "babe" on it. Given his exaggeratedly masculine appearance and his use of the colloquial greeting of "bruv" when talking to me I can tell he is of a fairly common caste of people in the area and would never normally have a golden chain saying "babe" on it. Hence it was probably bought for him.

Now I'm not taking away from his concept of individuality, he might have his own 'inner truth' that makes him fascinating to know (unlikely I'll admit though it depends on the telling, plus my own is hardly a gripping read) but when noticing patterns it's about what relates, repeats and connects, although that can also highlight what isn't the same. Now he checks his phone, completely distracted when talking to me.

He finishes off with "fucking women mate". All that is in a fraction of a second and though I could still be wrong and leave part of my thinking to being prepared for that, to my mind the last line is the finisher that proves it.

Having said that, it's not always easy to translate that into a useful action.

chado

MBTI Type
infp

can you see into peoples subconsious mind,like the workings of there subconsious

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
can you see into peoples subconsious mind,like the workings of there subconsious

NFJs are especially good at reading microexpressions and parsing those patterns. They do not "see" into people, in any sense of the word.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I am epically good at reading people and so is my ENFJ sister.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, maybe not so much online but definitely irl.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes you can "feel" it, not necessarily "see" it.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think we pick up on behaviours, patterns and anomalies. Observable stuff that other people miss the significance of or that only registers on a gut level but ends up being probably true. We're bad though with the absence of clues or info or time to notice patterns and tend to fill in blanks incorrectly.

Entps are very good at doing a quick read on what appeals to or motivates people and figuring out on the spot how to work with it. Nfps are much better than us at coming up with an immediate character judgement of someone they don't know and are often correct.