User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I just live. Is the OP asking if I analyze all of my emotions like some kind of computer?
    To whom it may concern: https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...976-hello.html
    Likes MyCupOfTea liked this post

Bizarre Love Triangle Puffypolma's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I really don't know how I process them. I think I am usually very much aware of them but would not intentionally analyze them, like label them into different categories such as "happy", "sad", "depressed" etc. There were times when I just wanted to shake of my emotions because they affect me negatively, so I'd just ignore them and do something to distract myself. I don't like dwelling on negative emotions. Who does?
    I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I dunno if I process them as much as I channel them into something else. I could be sitting there on standby until someone comes and starts emoting all over and I'm like i no rite? and then we're suddenly organising mob justice, grab those pitchforks everyone! On better days I can get a handle on it and redirect our feelings to something more constructive. It's quite draining though.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I sort of... don't. I use logic to rationalize them away?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    862 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Is there a difference in how the various personality types process their emotions. I'm not getting into the mud of who feels more than others. We're all human, we all feel emotions just the same. But how do you process that emotional data? To some, emotions can be this vague territory that is unknown or irrational, to others, it is the lifeblood through which all decisions are made and interpreted.

Not only am I interested in seeing how the various types perceive their emotions, and the emotions of others, but I wonder if the various function dynamics sift through emotions differently as well. Dig deep people, really deep. Analyze that thought process of yours. Let's talk about them feels
    I understand my emotions quite well and can rationalize them easily. These days I simply bury my sadness under a facade of happiness and carelessness then when I'm in private I let my true inner state out. Otherwise I'm just a normal person who doesn't really care about things that don't affect me and I live my life to the best of my abilities. It's difficult to actually care about others when a person needs to legit hustle just to afford the most basic necessities in life; although that is of course never true about family... family always comes first.

MBTI
    Infp

Music. I tend to throw my headphones on and process them. If I can't have access to music at the time that the emotions start, I just think about things that happened in my life that provoked the same emotions and remember (or try to remember how I dealt with them. Now that everything can be googled, I try to google around a bit. If I find something interesting to how I'm feeling about my emotions or it jumps out at me, I'll stick around and read some more. If not, I'll go back to music.

I never process them out loud unless it's a big deal to me. Then I'll mention it to a few friends or sometimes my parents even at this age.

Sometimes I vent when it all becomes too much, but that doesn't always happen.

Creating helps me process a great deal (but with creating comes music playing as well). So I kind of cope with my emotions through these two art forms. I'm under the impression that not a lot of people truly understand me and some of the people I'm around actually have told me they don't, so the last thing I want to do is vent to them -- so I just keep it to myself. Some people say that's no good, but honestly, sometimes it's better to just keep things to yourself and process them on your own time.

At the same time I take pride in doing things for myself -- not sure where that comes from, maybe being stubborn so the more I can process alone the more strength I think I gain from it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I usually want to talk to someone right away if I have a strong emotion, and bouncing it off another person helps me process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBTI
    INxP

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I'm not sure what to say other than I pay attention to all my emotions, because they tell me something valuable.

I learn more about myself when I pay attention. What are more fleeting/temporary? What triggered them? How do my perceptions change and warp based on my current emotional state? How do I perceive others while in a certain emotional state?

With the ones that keep returning, I dig into them. How do I address the feeling/concern? What does it mean, the fact I'm having X emotion? That might take a long while.

It all happens internally, basically. Though I'll share deeper rooted emotions with friends - ie feelings that last / what I'm contemplating due to having them. I'll also share immediate thoughts, like with coworkers, if I'm just making a short one-off rant/commentary/frustration.
    I can relate to this almost 100%. Analyzing feelings helps me think more clearly. I also analyze my thoughts, but it's difficult for me to take them apart from analyzing feelings as well. Doing this is my safe haven, where I get my energy from.

This is the reason why I get so uncomfortable and irritated when someone asks how I'm feeling about something immediately. I really need to step back and think about it first before I can or want to share. After I've done that, I'm usually happy to share my thoughts (not necessarily exact feelings) to get some insight.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    INxP

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I sort of... don't. I use logic to rationalize them away?
    How do you manage to do that successfully? I do the same sometimes when I'm stressed but I think it just keeps adding my stress and the feelings happen to find their way out eventually - usually out of control explosion is the result...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by MyCupOfTea View Post
    How do you manage to do that successfully? I do the same sometimes when I'm stressed but I think it just keeps adding my stress and the feelings happen to find their way out eventually - usually out of control explosion is the result...
    Oh I still have a lot of emotions that stress me out. If I feel something and there are no thoughts associated with it, I can't do anything about it. I can only do something about it if it's grounded in reality.

I can't easily explain how I do it. I sort of think of the events that lead up to the feeling, if the feeling I have is productive or not, and if it isn't I will push it out in some manner by focusing on something else, or accepting it for what the situation is, and the feeling can be ignored (it might still be there but it's ignorable).
    Likes MyCupOfTea liked this post