User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I cannot process emotion out loud to anyone. At least not right away. I have to go through it myself and gain a clear understanding of them. Once that happens, I can talk about it. If it's overwhelming it gets compartmentalized until I have time and energy to deal with them. Unless it's anger - then it's probably coming out but even that can be compartmentalized.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes MisterNi, MyCupOfTea liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

I think I try to avoid many emotional instances involving others, and get a large portion of my emotional activity from media - music, film, etc. I find that having to express Fe all the time around people I don't know well is extremely draining/not worthwhile, and I can never fully relax even just around one or two people who I am very close with. I think I'm just fine when people aren't too expressive beyond it being people I'm close with being happy on a general level. If they're all people I know, then I understand how to interact with them, but in a big party of mere acquaintances who are all shouting and being gregarious, it's overload time. I think there's only three instances in which I become quite overwhelmingly emotional
    -finding extreme beauty/sadness/etc. in a piece of music, moment of cinema, etc. (this usually involves a moment of realization, something enlightening because it is so true or sad, or profound)
    -when people cause some sense of helplessness about the human race and the way the world is. Basically, if people or a person do something so horrid that I get stuck in a rut, typically this will be someone in my immediate situation who I view as being extremely irrational, ignorant, thoughtless, etc. but I drop this very quickly after a quick inferior outburst. Unless it involves an immediate family member (which it has multiple times before), then I probably don't end up associating with the person too much afterwards. For one instance I can think of, I had a college friend who had drank too much and was getting offended somehow by my comments, started acting as though she was tough and going to put me in my place or something. She thought it somehow alright if she approached me(whilst in a small group of people) and start basically wrestling me and pulling at my hair and such, and I was completely taken over in a raging impulse, a fight or flight if you will, and flipped her over on the ground. Apprently in the end it was somehow perceived as some being my fault, even though I had no antagonistic intentions, overpowering someone else was seen as negative, whilst it was my self defense.
    -When there is some type of expression that is expected to be showed. This goes beyond being generally welcoming in a social situation. I think normally if I'm genuinely enjoying myself I likely do show a smile, and people have pointed out that I come off as a generally happy person, which I associate to Fe and Ne in tandem. I get excited by new ideas and prospects all the time, I guess, even when it required that I share them with others haha. However, there have been cases such as where family members have died that there are certain expected stronger emotional responses, and a lot of times this involved (when I was much younger) forcing myself into grief and trying to be sad about it when it probably wouldn't normally phase me, or nowadays crying or following other such strong emotions of a close family member around me. It's as though I cry because they are crying, following a lead, and not because of the actual event which occurred, but because seeing their strong response is so different or profound to my mind. Just like if I were in a film or such, I am able to tap into emotions through others, by analyzing what others' situations are, and then understanding what makes it profound. I cry not because I'm sad or in despair but because I find some beauty in what it represents. (???)
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

I repress them until I get a bleeding ulcer and die.
    Likes fetus liked this post

Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Otherwise, my logic and thoughts get tangled in the weeds that is my incessant mind clutter. Is this similar to your emotions? Seeing them out in the world, through poetry, journaling, speaking with friends, are you doing a similar thing as I mentioned I do with my thoughts?
    Uncanny. I have described it to others almost exactly this way (the bolded). The tangling and the mind clutter.

Yes, my brain just gets so thick with thought and emotion. It helps to just pour it all out, escape it, and breathe.
    6w7 // 2w3 // xxx
    Likes Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I don't process them lol.

At least not until they build up enough that I can't ignore them anymore. Then usually people point them out. And that really gets to me, when someone else tells me how I'm feeling...

*Cues spiral*
    Oh yeah I hate when people tell me how I'm feeling even when they are right.

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    My ENFJ use to try to tell me how I was feeling. Now, he just tells me I probably need a nap.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Yea, I reject whatever they say about it. Even when they're right lol. This is basically what I mean when i say I'm "low balling" someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Now, he just tells me I probably need a nap.
    Ah, that sounds like when my friends tell me to have a snickers.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp

I usually need time alone to mull over what I am feeling and why. When the emotions are raw I usually just cry by myself for awhile. Any strong emotion makes me cry so even when I am angry this usually happens. Once I have figured them out on my own then I like to talk about them with people I am close to.

I feel them in my brain like sine waves that are oscillating in harmony/discord and I alternate their patterns to speed them up/slow them down for different tasks. The "shape" of one emotion can be very different from another.
    "Ce que nous connaissons est peu de chose, ce que nous ignorons est immense."

MBTI
    infp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

well i dont know if this is because im infp but i get realy intense emotions,(because of fi)basically if its a good emotion i just enjoy the ride of it,i often can become drunk of emotion,if its a bad emotion,id do something to lift up my mod and feel better,with me if im happy with friends i get realy urphoric and drunk off happyness,if im angry i tend to become drunk with anger(maby i have a mentle condiciton) but what ever emotion im feeling its realy intense,but basically i understand my emotions very well.
    Likes Venus Rose liked this post