• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's Learn About Introverted Sensing!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] Let me know if you agree:

Gurl I suck at this sort of thing. I can answer specific questions when asked, but tryna make a mini profile for each is like something I'm not capable of, especially in the tert and inferior positions. But I can try and say a few words for each.

Si-dom: Prefers the familiar to the unknown. Sentimental > nostalgic. More likely to reflect common values of the time period of their youth than not, but this isn't a guarantee. Probably make a lot of connections when learning or in casual conversation. Filters information through their personal experience and gives it subjective meaning. Prefer details over generalities.

Si-aux: Si acts as the sidekick to their Je. ??? [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] help

Si-tert: Nostalgia > sentimentality. ? i dont
if you like socionics look at hidden agenda Si. I'd talk more about that but teh definitions of SI in MBTI and socionics are very different so I'm reluctant to mention it here

Si-inferior: ugh

Sorry, I'm really bad at this kind of thing. I'm much better at just answering direct questions than I am trying to create this type of thing. :(

Si-aux: Si as sidekick, but more specifically, like a little nerdy sidekick who's always there to back up your opinions with facts, and to steer you in a logical direction instead of letting you be the bull in the china shop. So, basically, the Jeeves to your Wooster. The philosophy is "achieve your goal", the goal is provided by either Te or Fe, and the goals are reinforced (but not justified) by Si. To use another metaphor, Si completes repairs on the ESxJ machine, but does not power the machine (that's either Ti or Fi). Si-aux means being being more open to new things, but still being skeptical about them. Ne-tert means being more open to spontaneity so long as that spontaneity is highly controlled and on your own terms.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

Si-aux: Si as sidekick, but more specifically, like a little nerdy sidekick who's always there to back up your opinions with facts, and to steer you in a logical direction instead of letting you be the bull in the china shop. So, basically, the Jeeves to your Wooster. The philosophy is "achieve your goal", the goal is provided by either Te or Fe, and the goals are reinforced (but not justified) by Si. To use another metaphor, Si completes repairs on the ESxJ machine, but does not power the machine (that's either Ti or Fi). Si-aux means being being more open to new things, but still being skeptical about them. Ne-tert means being more open to spontaneity so long as that spontaneity is highly controlled and on your own terms.

I like this. I think the way you worded it is very Te, which is a function I do not relate to much at all. I'd have to think about it more from the Fe perspective. Unfortunately I have a lot of school and work, so my time on TypeC will probably be limited at least until second semester.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like this. I think the way you worded it is very Te, which is a function I do not relate to much at all. I'd have to think about it more from the Fe perspective. Unfortunately I have a lot of school and work, so my time on TypeC will probably be limited at least until second semester.
Dang. Yeah, I knew I was taking a risk with the "goal" section, but... Ah well. Looking forward to your revisions!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I found this article here and it is giving me a much needed understanding on how each cognitive functions act in accordance to its positioning in a person's stacking. I know I already found one from Tumblr, but it was written immaturely and didn't really helped much.

Hope it may be of aid for someone. The descriptions for Si was very interesting. Based on the description for Si-dom, I can confirm that it definitely doesn't sound like my mode of living, tbh.
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION], what do you think of this?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I found this article here and it is giving me a much needed understanding on how each cognitive functions act in accordance to its positioning in a person's stacking. I know I already found one from Tumblr, but it was written immaturely and didn't really helped much.

Hope it may be of aid for someone. The descriptions for Si was very interesting. Based on the description for Si-dom, I can confirm that it definitely doesn't sound like my mode of living, tbh.

Ohh!! I'll be super excited to read through that article once I have a chance. Cool find!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tell me more about the tertiary and inferior forms.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do the Si doms experience absent-mindedness much? I.E. not being able to find car keys when they were holding them in their hand the whole time they frantically tore their living room apart looking for them? Forgetting to eat dinner? Or am I thinking of Si inferior?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Other than the use of words like "traditional," sounds pretty accurate to me. I like how it acknowledges that nostalgia is more of a tert Si thing than a dom Si thing (which I link to sentimentality which is different imo). I don't like how inferior Si uses words like "tradition" and "conformity" since that's not really what Si is about. Other than that though, yeah, it's decent.

Tell me more about the tertiary and inferior forms.

I tried to do this a few posts ago in this thread but was having trouble because my Si is so strong. The link above provided by theforsaken might be a little help to you though.

Do the Si doms experience absent-mindedness much? I.E. not being able to find car keys when they were holding them in their hand the whole time they frantically tore their living room apart looking for them? Forgetting to eat dinner? Or am I thinking of Si inferior?

I forget to eat all the time, but I attribute that to being sp last in enneagram. I almost never lose my things or experience the sort of absentmindedness of not knowing where something is when you're holding it, though. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. I have no need to tear my room apart because I know where everything in. I have a couple boxes of things in my garage and I know what's in each of those, too.

yoliyoli

Hello, yes. Me anyways. It's more like I know where everything is (Mind palace - Si version!) but I can't focus because Ne's going, "help me help me I can't get up what if we die what if you don't find those keys you just had them there yesterday and there before that where did you put them why are you such a failure we're all going to die" but of course I know we're not because about fifty seconds later, I remember where they are. And I always kind of knew, I was just freaking out. Like I have a vision of them in my mind that's very distinct and I know where they are, literally. It's as if I could write a novel to you about where they are and what color they are and what keychain they're attached to and who bought them and if it was raining on October the 4th when we last lost the keys in this exact similar situation but right now I'm too busy freaking out.

Also, having two Si doms in the house is annoying. ISTJ father: "I can't do that right now, I don't know how to do it. I'd need a frame of reference." Me: "Are you kidding me, I just saw you do it yesterday. Something very similar. Why can't you do it again?" F: "Because I can't." Me: "But I saw you..." Memory, man. Yeesh.

Jellyfish1234

[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] I read somewhere that Si is linked to being very in touch with one's body and having insights into their body. Does this ring true of you? Have you ever done yoga, for example, and been able to be really in touch with where you have tension in your body, and been able to identify the concrete difference in how your body feels after doing yoga? I've had to do yoga a lot recently and they tell us all to lie down and find tension in our bodies and send a signal out to let it go, and we have to do these exercises and then walk around and discuss how our body feels different than it did before, and every time I'm left baffled because I have no idea how to locate tension in my body and I also have no idea how my body feels different than before. I'm wondering whether this is linked to lower Si, and suggesting I'm not ISFJ, or if it's not anything to do with that at all haha.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] I read somewhere that Si is linked to being very in touch with one's body and having insights into their body. Does this ring true of you? Have you ever done yoga, for example, and been able to be really in touch with where you have tension in your body, and been able to identify the concrete difference in how your body feels after doing yoga? I've had to do yoga a lot recently and they tell us all to lie down and find tension in our bodies and send a signal out to let it go, and we have to do these exercises and then walk around and discuss how our body feels different than it did before, and every time I'm left baffled because I have no idea how to locate tension in my body and I also have no idea how my body feels different than before. I'm wondering whether this is linked to lower Si, and suggesting I'm not ISFJ, or if it's not anything to do with that at all haha.

That sounds like socionics Si, which I don't relate to very much, but that could also be linked to how I am sp last in the enneagram instincts. I will tag [MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] here because she's the only SJ I can think of atm that isn't sp last and might have a different perspective lol!

Jellyfish1234

That sounds like socionics Si, which I don't relate to very much, but that could also be linked to how I am sp last in the enneagram instincts. I will tag [MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] here because she's the only SJ I can think of atm that isn't sp last and might have a different perspective lol!

Thank you!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si - "I want to get to the bottom of this subject/problem/issue."

Where Se is extensive (expansive), Si is intensive in its focus.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Oh I didn't realize you tagged me in this. I probably thought it was a mafia post.

One person on some mbti site said that if you can't tell whether you're an INXJ or ISXJ then you you should ask yourself if you're aware of your body. Aware of your body being ISXJ and not being aware is INXJ. That was on of the things that made me think hmm maybe I am an S.

But yeah I do dance and when we stretch I can usually feel the tension and the things they want you to look out for. Some Ns also said they can rarely tell when they're hungry, but I almost always can unless I'm extremely focused on something. But even then it will eventually distract me. It distracts me more at home which is most likely because I can get food whenever I want.

It's probably more neurological than anything, but I would assume that sensors are better at stuff like this in general. But after Yamato mentioned not being good at this despite being Si dom, I took a look at the mbti general sensor description (the one that noobs go to look at), and it doesn't say anything about being aware of your body. But most people who are really into mbti will make that distinction. I think even Jung talked about some Ni dom not being able to hear her footsteps.

Socionics Si definitely emphasizes bodily awareness, but the official mbti doesn't. I'm going to say that if it is related to any function then it is Si.

Jellyfish1234

Also, I agree with not knowing when I'm hungry until I'm shaking or craving a specific food, so maybe that is something that points towards me being more N as well. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] I already responded to this and asked smile to as well (cuz she's sp/so), but you two, also being so/sx types--what's your experience with this? Curious to see if it matches with mine.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

my mom's a bull in a china shop that's why i don't think she's an ESTJ

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One person on some mbti site said that if you can't tell whether you're an INXJ or ISXJ then you you should ask yourself if you're aware of your body. Aware of your body being ISXJ and not being aware is INXJ. That was on of the things that made me think hmm maybe I am an S.

I have spoken with an INFJ member here about bodily awareness and she even told me that she describes her own physical experiences as a bucket (or a glass cup) that she couldn't tell was overflowing until it tips over and she would find herself extremely hungry or exhausted or burned out. I think ISxJ types are much more in tune before the over limit hits, but that's just something I've observed and may not have a lot of weight to the distinction between Ni and Si. It is quite interesting to think about it, of course.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] I already responded to this and asked smile to as well (cuz she's sp/so), but you two, also being so/sx types--what's your experience with this? Curious to see if it matches with mine.
I've never felt like I'm in touch with my body. That being said, exercising regularly has helped, and eating better, because (per Si) I have a better sense of what "good" feels like and how to compare other physical experiences to baseline.

my mom's a bull in a china shop that's why i don't think she's an ESTJ
I feel like all extroverted thinkers are bulls in china shops to an extent.