• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If the inferior function is so bad than what's made of the remaining four functions?

Willow Tree

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As said.

e.g. Would an INFJ (Ni-Fe-Ti-Se) or INFP (Fi-Ne-Si-Te) be worse at Se?

I actually thought of this as a crucial 'plot hole' in the MBTI theory, but there might be an official explanation to it that I haven't heard of so...

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Theoretically, Ni doms are diametrically opposed to the thinking style of Se types.

Fi is juxtaposed against Te.

It makes sense and I have a highly nuanced perception of type theory.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I've heard, Ni-doms are practically disgusted at Se-like activities that people like to engage in but then they themselves do it and it becomes a weird paradox for them. Don't really know how to explain it, but there you go.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
There seem to be different theories out there about where the shadow functions are placed in your stack and if you use them. In Lenore Thomson's book she has them placed in the middle of the 4 functions so an INFJ would be weakest at Se.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not necessarily about "weaker" or "worse", in comparison to each other (beyond the dominant and auxiliary likely being strongest).

The positions are determined by "ego-states" (or basically, complexes), which are lesser senses of "I" within the ego. The particular ones associated with each function for a type are the complexes (out of all the hundreds of archetypes in life) that deal specifically with the ego-identity.
I give an example of how this works, from my own experience, here: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...type-defined-hero-parent-ego.html#post2676523