• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si = Good Memory?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahhh interesting, in relation to Ni, I tend to relate everything back to a certain concept or framework that I have learned or am learning....so it's almost second-nsture for me to be wrap my mind around things that I have never experienced before. However, the main downside to this approach is that I can end relying too much on assumptions rather than facts. Si, on the other hand, seems to be able to make quick, accurate intuitive leaps between different experiences and facts. However, once SJs are sold on pieces of information about you, it's really hard to convince them of anything else.... I swear I have to repeat myself at least on 5 or more different occasions that I don't like the same music or brand of perfume from 5 years sgo. LOL

In regards to memory, it really depends on what it is. I will beat out an SJ any day about details, facts, memories in which I deem important to my understanding, goal, or vision. But if it's about details regarding past experiences, directions, instructions, legalese, common-sense matters, an SJ will tend to have the upper hand.

Thats why i have just ued more concept or framework for Ni then "intuition". Based off of what i see in regard to Ni users. It is the side I get along so well with NTJs, and the side i have to use to get past STJ stubborness.

With that being said...when it comes to pur unadulterated straight data driven topics and not concept/framework driven topics, i dont stand a chance because i just dont have nor can i create accurate data based on my knowledge.

With Ni things i can create accurate statements on the fly and self check later to verify myself.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Also, I might add that Si doms are not necessarily hyper-organized. Si is a perceiving function after all. And I think of the functions as ways of thinking, not really as behavior. The same goes for Se and sports.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jesus, guys, thank you all so much for the replies in this thread. ;D
It is crazy how stereotypical some profiles can be in regards to describing cognitive functions.
In my case, for me, everything in my life feels brand new to me. Because of this, learning in a traditional, American-based way of teaching was very difficult for me. During my formative years in school, they valued that "mental cabinet/inner encyclopedia" mindset over everything else, so needless to say, it was hell for me!

I live my life in a seemingly dream-like sequence. It is hard for me to describe what it is like for me to gather information. I do not know if I should even try. All I know is that, upon learning something new, the best way for me to memorize something is if I make a story out of it. For example, if a cake recipe calls for a certain amount of eggs, and I am told the next time that I can't read the cook book, I have to attach a very strange fact to that memory in order for it to 'pop up' in my head when it is time to recall it.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^^ So for example: This recipe calls for 3 eggs!

Me: 3 eggs went on a suicide journey together and then this event happened.. etc.