• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Type those at your place of work

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At the pharmacy the other day and it was slow and somebody (not me) decided it would be a good idea to do the mbti test on similar minds. I never thought anybody else would bring it up, but it got me thinking people of a given profession tend to be similar. The results we got were as follows:

ESTJ
ENTJ
ESTJ
ISTJ
ENTJ -- (the test giver)
ESTJ
INFP -- (Me)

One of these is not like the other ones, one of these things doesn't fit!

If you can test your coworkers thats optimal, but if you have to guess, that's fine too.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My workgroup did this several years ago. We were mostly INTJ and INTP with a couple INFJ and one ESTJ.

Since then we have had some turnover, and now have added some more E's: ENTP, ESTJ, ENTJ. We lost a different ESTJ and two INTJs. An older fellow joined the group who is extremely hard to type. Possibly ISFP?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some types I work with a lot:
INFJ
ENTP
INTJ
ISTJ
ENTJ
ESTJ
ESTP

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I work with about 30 or 40 people in the school. They are predominantly ISFJs and ESFJs. There is an ESTJ, an ENFP, three ESFPs and a five or ISFPs. The librarian is INTP. The rest are SFJs. Oh, there are a couple ISTJs.

At the king Fu school, I work mainly with ISFPs, ISTPs and INTJs.There is one ENFJ and one ENTJ, but she has just about quit.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At my new work place, I sense the strong ESFJ vibe. I think the 2 sales team members are ESFP and ISFJ.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
ENTJ boss CEO/CFO (awesome)
ENFJ favorite colleague Marketing/Communications (awesome)
and a horde of SJ construction engineers (a lot less awesome but I've learned to get along, they have no insight or patience in my field (ICT) and tend to be blunt)

I really get along very well with ENFJs. I have a preference for anyone Ni or Ne.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ boss CEO/CFO (awesome)
ENFJ favorite colleague Marketing/Communications (awesome)
and a horde of SJ construction engineers

Wow. Seems like everyone in your company is in the most appropriate position based on their types.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Wow. Seems like everyone in your company is in the most appropriate position based on their types.

Well, not in every position. I don't think MBTI is that suited as a reference on the working ground. But certain professions definitely attract similar types as you said in the OP.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my neighbour is ESFJ (a lovely one),
my mother is a manipulative ESFJ, she helps under conditions to remind you later she had helped you :doh:

One of my ex lovers (my god it's already over !:smile:) is ISFP, my dad is ISFP.
Both very dependant, very kind but TOO much dependant.

My best friend is INTP, a deep connection of mind and soul with him.
I used to have an INTP colleague (he left) who was a liar, mean and egoistical.

My two other best friends are ENFP (both girl and boy).
This is to me a very sweet and easy going personality (to me, apparently not to everyone....)

My yoga teacher (a woman) is ENTJ. She is very good even if sometimes I'm thinking "let me relax instead of correcting my moves!".
But I know she does it for a fair reason : Not mistreat our body.

One of my ex is an ENTJ and the relationship totally sucked .
Became insensitive to my feelings, wanted to rush about anything, he was always right and needed to correct me
as if I was an irresponsive child, very contradictory mind. Not fun at all !
Very arrogant, was more focused on taking pictures (of me) than sharing a real and interesting relationship with me. Bad at communication.
Controlling (he called me everyday and pushed me to answer his _nonsense_ questions).

INTJ my last psychoanalyst, a man I truly admire and respect for his deep and precise knowledge.
Another INTJ, a member of my family who is a manipulative asshole even if he is clever. He sucks:sick:

My two colleagues are ESTJ. No comment :D

My lovely lady cat is probably an ENFJ, loving cuddles even with strangers :sage:

Sorry just realised the subject was about work only. So kick me ! That would have been less interesting to share anyway.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
When I worked for campus instructional technologies,

Coworker 1 - ENTP
Coworker 2 - ESFP
Our immediate boss - ESFJ
Her Coworker 1 - ENFP
Her Coworker 2 - INTP
Her immediate boss - ENTP
His immediate boss - ISTJ
Her immediate boss who left for a professorship - INTJ
The woman who replaced the above - ESTJ

Only the first four took a test. I estimated for the others.

Ingrid in grids

My boss/the CEO is ISTJ/SLI.

The editor I work with most is the same type as me: INFJ/EII (probably EII-Fi). We are similar in a lot of ways.

Overall the office has major delta vibes, save for a few louder personalities.