• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Does everyone struggle with authority, or only certain types?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, i can force myself to work through it to a degree. To authoritarian and i am gone though. I work as a team, not as a peon. I am also competent enough and intelligent enough to not be treated as a child. Thats why its more general rules and that i have issues with and not individual people.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I love competent authority.

Bullies get nowhere, though. Oft the two are confused.

I have a handful of bosses. Most are competent, but some are bullies. I ignore the bullies until they get emotional about being ignored and shoot themselves in the foot complaining about me to the competent authority figures, who consider me God's gift to their endeavors.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hah. Yeah. My boss told me that the other day... That I need to listen and follow instruction better. Cuz I kinda tend to do things my own way- adapt them, and thats not cool with everyone really all the time. Its not really intentional, I just never remember what rules are and what rules are important and then sometimes even when I remember I... Well, I cant... I think they are dumb or that theres a better way.

And I guess I usurp authority. Though I dont mean to really... I mean... Hard to explain.

Guess Im a bit cocky. But I cant stop thinking.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an ENTP 7w8 Anarchist.

I think that kind of answers the question :laugh:

Madisonclark

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
Its not really intentional, I just never remember what rules are and what rules are important and then sometimes even when I remember I... Well, I cant... I think they are dumb or that theres a better way.

It's crazy how much I relate to this. Finally someone that's speaking my language. [emoji1316]