• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Did you identify with your dominant function growing up?

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
When I was.. well, back in just only three or four years ago, and five or six years old. Feelings, always feelings, always have to be able to justify them. Always have to feel right. Always is a moment.. well, that the feeling flows but at the same time the feeling of absolute apathy. I can't feel anything. I am emotionless, motionless, doesn't talk much, and have extremely rigid rules of what simply must or must not do. A must is a must. A must not is a must not. Tarot (yeah right..) must be done the way that was preprogrammed. Everything in my life is programmed. I have no say. I have no freaking idea what is going on, neither I knew where my own boundaries are, and, therefore, not knowing where other people's boundaries are. I live in spiritual enlightenment. I breathe it. I do it, everything, without realizing what was going on. I should say I am pretty stubborn and very rigid too. I think it might be Fi, but a repressed one that was not even allowed to come out of its own way. A thinking pattern, a very judgemental attitude. I had test when I was at secondary school -- I was an INTJ. And contrasting, some kind of "intuitive" method was always encouraged.

Until.. one day.. well, it just happened.

My own INTPness really came through like a year or something under two years, before I moved into where I am living now. I had the desire to stop blaming my surrounding, and decided to take the whole matter into my own hands, and change my attitude and therefore my life for my own good. I even attend tarot lessons seeking to fix the already mucked up situation, though the teacher just suck balls, and was totally helpless, and made me feel very upset too. It was when I tried to use every angle to look at things and try to take a complete snapshot of a matter of every single view, especially myself, and I ended up passionate enough, and overdid that, in a lot of people's context that is, and became some kind of all rounded jack of many trades. Yes I have a dominant function, I rationalize things intensively, but it seems that my inferior isn't that apparent in tests I take. In true-to-false scale tests, I always score quite evenly in a lot of areas, at times one or two being higher than the rest, but if it is something like which way one's tendency is, then my results can vary very dramatically depending on my current mood.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
;fldlbkfl;kgdlhblahkkhaldkfhadfhkldfhdalf;hkdfhlekropgeopkfabfkblahblahlblahlb

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Acted like an ISTJ in the classroom and at home
Acted like an ISTP on the playground

This is just going off sterotypes.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was living in a dysfunctional family so I spent my time in my 5 attitude. I had to protect my emotions and understand my environment in the most subtle details.

I was busy analysing dreams (I still do it), reading, and travelling (I started to travel at the age of 9 and visit people out from my family).

I had developed and learnt life, freedom, and how to express my talents (whom some with my Se) when I left home at the age of 18.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, not really. For me Ne is so enveloping and permeating that I didn't even see it as something on its own until I learned about MBTI. I think I identify in some ways with its secondary gifts, like resilience and a kind of plasticity to my personality. But primarily I identified more with the things I've worked on and weren't second nature which have been much more Te related, like my technical interests and gumption.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Which one is it for me? If it's Ne, for ENTP, yeah. If it's Te, for ENTJ, probably maybe so too, yeah. I'm not sure.