• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The obvious signs that are telling you are becoming more healthy/less healthy

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Et voilà !

What are the obvious signs that tell you you are on the right path,

and what are those on the contrary that clearly mean you are down ?

Body ? Mind ? Attitude ?

Light and shadow...functions.... GO !

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

o-FUNNY-STREET-SIGNS-570.jpg

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Et voilà !

and what are those on the contrary that clearly mean you are down ?

Body ? Mind ? Attitude ?

Light and shadow...functions.... GO !

I'd say one of the quickest ways to know whether you are headed in a positive or negative direction in life, mental state, all that, is whether you look outward or inward to feel "whole", or to achieve your inner harmony. Do you seek out others for gratification or do you have this internal sense of value? There are many other questions and examples of course, but that's the core designator I feel. I'd say that's the general sign for me at least, if I start looking outward then I know something's amiss.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no idea. Even when I have an idea, I'm not sure if it's the right idea or if it's a 1984 idea where up is down and war is peace.

á´…eparted

passages
When I am on the right path and healthy: Things flow. I don't need to use persistent force and micromanaging. I can be consistently impartial to anyone.

When I am on the wrong path and unhealthy: Excessively and consistently critical of everyone. Constantly combative and forceful. Driving. Misconstruing subjectivity for objective fact.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
A famous philosopher once said that life is a mystery, and everyone must stand alone.

Wow that almost caused me to become introspective for a microsecond.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In all seriousness:

When I'm unhealthy I'm paranoid and self-centered, and even proud of being so.

When I'm healthy, I feel more willing to put myself out there, and more generous.

When I feel really good, the world seems rife with ppssibilities, and I'm coming up with interesting ideas and insights.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
consistent, sustained progress instead of all-or-nothing hopscotching.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I'm unhealthy, I become an irritable jerk and push everyone away. I start to eat and sleep excessively.
When I'm healthy, the creative side of me returns and I love exploring things.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Violently fissuring into a million pieces that all want to kill one another in futility as insecurity has the biggest mouth of all and will certainly swallow them whole long before even a single fatality has taken place.

Reactivity is through the roof because succumbing is exceptionally painful then. In direct relation, the constant (though strangely not without satisfaction) warping of the natural results in high anxiety as living in a consistent state of paranoid vigilance is better than admitting that I fear conflict. That would be foolish. But also, therein lies the feeling of an excess of fragility conducive toward admitting cowardice, fear. Essentially everything opposes everything else, even more than the usual and all makes even less sense than at baseline.

On the opposite end is where the act of merging brings me, though it is comparatively horrible because I don't realize I'm being parasitic until eons later but at least there's much avail there...

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That you're emotionally stable and a contributing member to society.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That you're emotionally stable and a contributing member to society.

What does it mean to you to be a contributing member of society? As in, what counts as contributing to you?

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What does it mean to you to be a contributing member of society? As in, what counts as contributing to you?

Well, for one, being an active member of society; e.g., not sitting around in your pajamas everyday watching TV. For two, you have a valuable "product" that contributes to the common good, prosperity, and all that junk of society instead of just the benefit of the self. Examples: Business man takes over company and increases capital which increases technological efficiency of society; mother gives sincere effort into maintaining best home for children which increases the prosperity of society; doctor saves lives daily; dump truck driver maintains professionalism and hard work ethics despite trashy job; stock boy is diligent with duties despite minimum wage; etc.