• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences between Ti-Fe and Fe-Ti

techsci

How would you know if someone is Ti-Fe (xxTP) or Fe-Ti (xxFJ)?
Can you give some clear examples without including E/I and S/N differences?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ti ahead of Fe places higher importance on logical principles than interpersonal values.

In plain English the TP cares more about being accurate and correct versus being appealing to everyone else. This is like going against popular culture or what you might be inclined to feel you need to do.

For example if you know a relative who believes vaccinations are bad for their children yet you believe, based on logical analysis, that the children should get vaccinations due to certain health risks. Do you debate the point with the parent trying to convince them in the logical sense of getting vaccinations or do you avoid pressing the issue to maintain harmony?

The FJ might be the one doing the 'mind changing' instead of the TP too. Of course, the FJ is going to appeal more to the emotional/value based argument than the logical one the TP might.

The TP is thinking "I can get them to accept my argument by seeing the underlying logic in it!" while the FJ is thinking "I can get them to see my argument by seeing the positive effect it will have on everyone involved."

So the dominant Fe types are going to rely much heavier on the 'universal effect' argument while the dominant Ti types will rely on logical consistency of the argument itself. Aux/Tertiary Ti and Fe such as ExTPs and IxFJs are going to be notably more balanced with the Ti-Fe/Fe-Ti. This is why its not unheard of for an ENTP to make a logically sound yet emotionally persuasive argument or an IxFJ to make a rational yet empathetic plea to reason.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aux/Tertiary Ti and Fe such as ExTPs and IxFJs are going to be notably more balanced with the Ti-Fe/Fe-Ti. This is why its not unheard of for an ENTP to make a logically sound yet emotionally persuasive argument or an IxFJ to make a rational yet empathetic plea to reason.

*claps* I approve of this. Finally, someone says something about Fe/Ti in IxFJs that I don't hate. I'm giving you the most golden of the stars for this one.

Personality Analyst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te > Fi: Focus is on organizing the external environment in terms of standardization and efficiency. It makes those who have it come across as structured, formal, task-focused, and commanding.

Fi > Te: Focus is on personal values and maintaining them as well as recognizing the uniqueness of individuals. It makes those who have it come across as tolerant, accepting, individualistic, self-expressive (usually in artistic ways), and emotionally intense.

TIP for Te > Fi: Usually Te-doms/Aux write in a very succinct and structured, step-by-step way or bullet format (notice my writing in this post)