• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dynamic of your First and Second Functions

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From the sounds of it your Fe is fine, just focused. I am sure your ISTJs see it alot, appreciate it, just dont realize it and or admit it ;)

yeah they must definitely see it somewhere... i am "mom" after all!

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure where me Ne is. Probably hiding with my rose colored glasses.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Ya, I agree. At least for me, the function stack is SUPER apparent to me in how I explore, feel about that exploration, explain that exploration, then Si is sort of the oddball in there. I see how it certainly supplies my Ne though without a doubt. But yes, I feel our Te is what can give ENFPs a strength in explaining their wild ideas and connections since we explain them in such a way as for most people to latch onto and understand. I'm sort of a person that can turn someone's complex idea or argument into a few sentences on a dime. It personally annoys me when arrogant people try to say something so complex and use these huge words to sound smart and intellectual (probably just to feed into their own ego at that point), when I can understand and say the same thing in layman's terms. The ideas people share are often not all that complex at all, they just seem complex.

Well that turned into a rant...:shock:

Si is how you act in a linear step by step fashion. For all the leaps and connections you make on layer one, when you go to act all of a sudden a step by step approach takes over. Si is how you take action and its often very linear, step by step. You may start with the easiest task first and build up to the more important, if you do, flip that, it will help you.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
My Si and Fe are like a tandem bike. Si steers, but it wouldn't be able to function as well without Fe. Fe cannot steer without its guiding force of Si. They're truly intertwined.

That's how I can do the ISFJ/ESFJ "flip."

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My Si and Fe are like a tandem bike. Si steers, but it wouldn't be able to function as well without Fe. Fe cannot steer without its guiding force of Si. They're truly intertwined.

That's awesome! It definitely feels my approach to things comes "explore" first, "question" second, and I almost can't reverse that process, but my second function feels so strong it's almost to the point of being completely intertwined. That's cool you can call yourself an SFJ at that point with essentially equal functions, and sort of flip to the side a situation calls for I would imagine.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

How about your lower functions?

What does the Ti/Ne dynamic look like?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mine run together so seamlessly that I can't really untangle them... I'm always investigating different facts either because I wondered something and had to find out or because I found something and started to wonder